Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders? Empty
PostSubject: Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders?   Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 5:46 pm

WHAT WE DO KNOW:
Eric wrote about the Heath High School Shooting in English class, Although he got the state wrong, as he said Texas. he mentioned the Oklahoma City Bombing in his journal, I believe he did know about the Waco Siege even though its not a mass murder. As for Dylan I don't know if he too knew about Oklahoma City or if the whole Timothy McVeigh thing was Eric's thing.

Dylan wrote about the Manson Family for English class

Eric and Dylan both mentioned Andrew Golden and Mitchell Johnson in the Basement Tapes, but also getting the state wrong, as Eric says Kentucky. But they also speak lowly of them, calling them "Fucks in camouflage with .22s"

Dylan also said in regards to their upcoming attack: "The most deaths in U.S history!"

So that's why I'm asking, did they know any more shootings and other kinds of attacks? If so please provide EVIDENCE, preferably with a link if possible.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders?   Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 6:33 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
WHAT WE DO KNOW:
Eric wrote about the Heath High School Shooting in English class, Although he got the state wrong, as he said Texas. he mentioned the Oklahoma City Bombing in his journal, I believe he did know about the Waco Siege even though its not a mass murder. As for Dylan I don't know if he too knew about Oklahoma City or if the whole Timothy McVeigh thing was Eric's thing.

Eric and Dylan both mentioned Andrew Golden and Mitchell Johnson in the Basement Tapes, but also getting the state wrong, as Eric says Kentucky. But they also speak lowly of them, calling them "Fucks in camouflage with .22s"

Dylan also said in regards to their upcoming attack: "The most deaths in U.S history!"

So that's why I'm asking, did they know any more shootings and other kinds of attacks? If so please provide EVIDENCE, preferably with a link if possible.

They almost certainly knew of others. They watched the movie Natural Born Killers, which means by association they had some idea of who Ted Bundy and Charles Whitman were (since both were discussed in the film). Dunno if they knew about anyone else besides that though.

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders?   Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 6:59 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
TheOne99 wrote:
WHAT WE DO KNOW:

They almost certainly knew of others. They watched the movie Natural Born Killers, which means by association they had some idea of who Ted Bundy and Charles Whitman were (since both were discussed in the film). Dunno if they knew about anyone else besides that though.

Oh yes, They did watch the whole movie which includes the American Maniacs scene with Charles Whitman and Ted Bundy in its intro, so I guess thats 2 other mass killers they knew of
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 81097
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders?   Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 11:01 pm

He mentions he hopes there isn't another OJ trial, if that counts. You'd think they knew about Kip Kinkel (unclear whether he's mentioned on the Basement Tapes).
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79403
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders?   Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Yes, but they obviously wanted to Copy the Oklahoma City bombing. It was a failed bombing and so they had to improvise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders?   Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 1:50 pm

It wasn‘t mass murder or a spree shooting but Eric mentions the JonBenét Ramsey case somewhere in his writings or on one of the tapes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders?   Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Yes, but they obviously wanted to Copy the Oklahoma City bombing. It was a failed bombing and so they had to improvise.

Evidence? do you have any examples?
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79403
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders?   Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 5:26 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

Evidence? do you have any examples?

Reseach their journals etc. 'Oklahoma and doom all mixed together'. Trie Zero Hour
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders?   Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Eric and Dylan know about past spree shootings and mass murders?
Page 1 of 1