Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about Nate?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

Question about Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 7:05 am

This is an interview with Sue Klebold that I have never seen but something confuses me. When she says Nate says "Don't do this, I'm telling your parents" but then Sue said Nate knew nothing... so why did Nate tell him "don't do this"?

Sue Klebold: Right. What’s complicated especially about Dylan’s case is that Eric wasn’t Dylan’s only friend. He had other friends. The kid that I always thought was his best friend—Nate—knew that Dylan had purchased a gun. Dylan showed it to him and then told Nate not to tell Eric that he, Dylan, had done so. This is one of the important things we can do to keep our youth safer—offer peer coaching to help kids understand that if someone shows you that they have a gun or tells you that something bad is going to happen, then you have to take that terrible risk to tell someone—an adult—and to get help. I talked with Nate for years about this. He said that he said to Dylan, “Get rid of the gun. Don’t do this. I’m telling your family.” But he said he had no idea that Dylan would ever use it or that he felt suicidal. He said that Dylan wasn’t talking about suicide. It wasn’t even on Nate’s radar screen that this was a life-and-death situation. He didn’t understand that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 7:20 am

There are many things that make little sense surrounding Columbine and who knew what verses who didn't know shit. Nate has always been on the line for me, along with Kristi Epling and one or two more.

Not saying they knew exactly what was coming, but they likely knew something was indeed on the horizon.

I will always believe that some close to the E&D didn't tell everything they knew. Mostly because they just didn't want to be further caught up in it then they already were.
Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 66315
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 8:28 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
There are many things that make little sense surrounding Columbine and who knew what verses who didn't know shit.  Nate has always been on the line for me, along with Kristi Epling and one or two more.

Not saying they knew exactly what was coming, but they likely knew something was indeed on the horizon.

I will always believe that some close to the E&D didn't tell everything they knew. Mostly because they just didn't want to be further caught up in it then they already were.

agreed, they were good at fooling teachers, parents and siblings, but to their friends, they did slip up several times, talking about wanting to kill jocks and bomb the school. They must've had some conversation where people other than Eric and Dylan got a little uncomfortable or uneasy, because it didn't really sound like a joke anymore. But they just disregarded it, because who would actually do it?

I think a lot of them felt guilt for a long time, even though they technically didn't do anything wrong. Report it, be wrong and lose their friends? Or not report it, and keep them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 8:36 am

23september wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
There are many things that make little sense surrounding Columbine and who knew what verses who didn't know shit.  Nate has always been on the line for me, along with Kristi Epling and one or two more.

agreed, they were good at fooling teachers, parents and siblings, but to their friends, they did slip up several times, talking about wanting to kill jocks and bomb the school. They must've had some conversation where people other than Eric and Dylan got a little uncomfortable or uneasy, because it didn't really sound like a joke anymore. But they just disregarded it, because who would actually do it?

I think a lot of them felt guilt for a long time, even though they technically didn't do anything wrong. Report it, be wrong and lose their friends? Or not report it, and keep them.

True. No one took them serious, and just assumed they were venting, blowing off steam, etc.  An those who possibly thought they were serious probably never imagined they would follow through with their threats.

Hindsight is always a clear and brutal bitch. No
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 8:47 am

I am not saying that Sue is lying but maybe the conversation didn't quite happen that way

In any case though, in all of Nate's interviews even back in 99 he did know that Dylan had a gun or was trying to get a gun. I am not sure if Dylan told him what it was for, or if he used the hunting excuse but maybe Nate just knew that there was no real reason that Dylan needed a gun esp at 17.

IMO I highly doubt Nate knew anything about the shooting prior to the incident happening but I think they left a giant trail of breadcrumbs and left people with a sort of inkling.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 9:14 am

She told a similar story at the symposium. She said Nate told her “Dylan told me not to tell Eric or he’d kill him” which was I think she meant to imply Dylan was afraid of Eric. I think it was more of “I don’t want to hear Eric bitch at me”

JayT

Contribution Points : 57201
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 9:20 am

Lizpuff wrote:
I am not saying that Sue is lying but maybe the conversation didn't quite happen that way

In any case though, in all of Nate's interviews even back in 99 he did know that Dylan had a gun or was trying to get a gun.  I am not sure if Dylan told him what it was for, or if he used the hunting excuse but maybe Nate just knew that there was no real reason that Dylan needed a gun esp at 17.

IMO I highly doubt Nate knew anything about the shooting prior to the incident happening but I think they left a giant trail of breadcrumbs and left people with a sort of inkling.  

Which firearm did Dylan show Nate? I ask because the hunting excuse would only work for the unaltered shotgun. Unless he sold the story as “extreme close range bear hunting” Very Happy

Last edited by JayT on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 9:22 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
She told a similar story at the symposium. She said Nate  told her “Dylan told me not to tell Eric or he’d kill him” which was I think she  meant to imply Dylan was afraid of Eric. I think it was more of “I don’t want to hear Eric bitch at me”

That is the way I take that as well.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 9:24 am

JayT wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

In any case though, in all of Nate's interviews even back in 99 he did know that Dylan had a gun or was trying to get a gun.  I am not sure if Dylan told him what it was for, or if he used the hunting excuse but maybe Nate just knew that there was no real reason that Dylan needed a gun esp at 17.

Which firearm did Dylan show Nate? I ask because the hunting excuse would only work for the unaltered shotgun. Unless he sold the story as “extreme close range bear hunting”

IIRC he never showed him any weapons. But Nate was around the pizza place when Dylan was talking to Phil trying to get the gun. As I recall, he originally thought he was going to try to buy drugs but found out it was the gun. It was the Tec9 but I don't know if Nate ever knew that.

But I do know that they told everyone they wanted to shoot the coyotes near Dylan's house and that is why they needed guns.

JayT

JayT

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 10:43 am

Lizpuff wrote:
JayT wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

Which firearm did Dylan show Nate? I ask because the hunting excuse would only work for the unaltered shotgun. Unless he sold the story as “extreme close range bear hunting”

IIRC he never showed him any weapons.  But Nate was around the pizza place when Dylan was talking to Phil trying to get the gun.  As I recall, he originally thought he was going to try to buy drugs but found out it was the gun.  It was the Tec9 but I don't know if Nate ever knew that.

But I do know that they told everyone they wanted to shoot the coyotes near Dylan's house and that is why they needed guns.

Thanks for clearing that up!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 10:48 am

JayT wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
JayT wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

IIRC he never showed him any weapons.  But Nate was around the pizza place when Dylan was talking to Phil trying to get the gun.  As I recall, he originally thought he was going to try to buy drugs but found out it was the gun.  It was the Tec9 but I don't know if Nate ever knew that.

I didn’t know that. Is that what they told Robyn?

I’m pretty sure a cayote did scare Dylan when he was a child. Didn’t he sleep outside all night?

As for the lie detector test I think they came back that Nate was being not truthful about two things and Zach’s came back inconclusive. I don’t know who else other than Brooks got a lie detector
Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
JayT wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
JayT wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

I didn’t know that. Is that what they told Robyn?

I’m pretty sure a cayote did scare Dylan when he was a child. Didn’t he sleep outside all night?

As for the lie detector test I think they came back that Nate was being not truthful  about two things and Zach’s came back inconclusive. I don’t know who else other than Brooks got a lie detector

I did not know about the coyote incident, nor the results of the lie detector tests... very interesting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 5:04 pm

I would love to see the lie detector results. But they were never released right? scratch
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 5:17 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I would love to see the lie detector results. But they were never released right? scratch

I Thought I saw Zach and Nate’s in the 11k

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do you know?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124084
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 5:23 pm

Nate Dykeman's lie detector exam and result - pages 010700-010702

Zach Heckler's lie detector exam and result - pages 010763-010766
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 5:37 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  saves the day! Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 6:58 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

Nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Nate?   Question about Nate? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Nate?
Page 1 of 1