Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 How close were Dylan and Nate?

Go down 
+3
Screamingophelia
Lizpuff
Sciamachy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sciamachy

Sciamachy


Posts : 3
Contribution Points : 56293
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-04-20
Location : Europe

How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 3:46 pm


From what I read, Nate was one of Dylan's best friends.

However at minute one in this video, when Dylan says "Ready the torpedoes, Mr. ... ah... Nate.".





It seems like he wants to say Nate's last name, but forgot it and then says Nate instead of Dykeman. Do you think he really forgot the last name of one of his best friends? Seems pretty weird to me at least  scratch .
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 96974
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 3:55 pm

I think moreso Dylan was trying to stay in character. Trying to think of a good fake name for the torpedo/pirate story and he failed to do so

That being said I think toward the end of 98 into 99 he was not as close to Nate as he had been in the past. This was filmed in early 99 so I think he was pretty checked out by then

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6427
Contribution Points : 194046
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 3:58 pm

I agree with Lizpuff. According to AMR they were really close. Also Nate still kept in touch with the Klebolds and from what I read called them "mom and dad" but with Nate getting a new girlfriend and Dylan being checked out as you said, they were not as close as they used to be but they did ride in the same limo to prom. I always thought it was interesting that Zach and Devon weren't in the limo with them.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
MysteryMan




Posts : 102
Contribution Points : 91058
Forum Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-06-06

How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 4:29 pm

If you talk with someone on the phone almost every day you have to be close with this person.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 4:39 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
I think moreso Dylan was trying to stay in character.  Trying to think of a good fake name for the torpedo/pirate story and he failed to do so.

Agree. Dylan just couldn't think of something good in the spur of the moment and just said "Mr... Uhh Nate". Then kinda chuckles.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Sciamachy wrote:

From what I read, Nate was one of Dylan's best friends.

However at minute one in this video, when Dylan says "Ready the torpedoes, Mr. ... ah... Nate.".





It seems like he wants to say Nate's last name, but forgot it and then says Nate instead of Dykeman. Do you think he really forgot the last name of one of his best friends? Seems pretty weird to me at least  scratch .


Dylan was going through a lot of things at that time, and as Lizpuff said he was kinda checking out of reality. But no way I would ever believe he had actually forgotten Nate's last name was Dykeman, he just couldn't come up with a name on the fly.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6427
Contribution Points : 194046
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 4:53 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Sciamachy wrote:

From what I read, Nate was one of Dylan's best friends.

However at minute one in this video, when Dylan says "Ready the torpedoes, Mr. ... ah... Nate.".





It seems like he wants to say Nate's last name, but forgot it and then says Nate instead of Dykeman. Do you think he really forgot the last name of one of his best friends? Seems pretty weird to me at least  scratch .


Dylan was going through a lot of things at that time, and as Lizpuff said he was kinda checking out of reality. But no way I would ever believe he had actually forgotten Nate's last name was Dykeman, he just couldn't come up with a name on the fly.

I still think towards the end he had the saddest looking eyes.

That could be me projecting. Or maybe he just had sad eyes in general?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Sciamachy wrote:

From what I read, Nate was one of Dylan's best friends.

However at minute one in this video, when Dylan says "Ready the torpedoes, Mr. ... ah... Nate.".





It seems like he wants to say Nate's last name, but forgot it and then says Nate instead of Dykeman. Do you think he really forgot the last name of one of his best friends? Seems pretty weird to me at least  scratch .


Dylan was going through a lot of things at that time, and as Lizpuff said he was kinda checking out of reality. But no way I would ever believe he had actually forgotten Nate's last name was Dykeman, he just couldn't come up with a name on the fly.

I still think towards the end he had the saddest looking eyes.

That could be me projecting. Or maybe he just had sad eyes in general?


Possibly projecting because you know the sad outcome. But also Dylan had kind of sad puppy like eyes in general.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1114
Contribution Points : 98818
Forum Reputation : 154
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 39
Location : England

How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 5:07 pm

This video should remind everyone what a horrible bastard Dylan was. Joking about with friends who he was going to try and blow up in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6427
Contribution Points : 194046
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 5:10 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Sciamachy wrote:

From what I read, Nate was one of Dylan's best friends.

However at minute one in this video, when Dylan says "Ready the torpedoes, Mr. ... ah... Nate.".





It seems like he wants to say Nate's last name, but forgot it and then says Nate instead of Dykeman. Do you think he really forgot the last name of one of his best friends? Seems pretty weird to me at least  scratch .


Dylan was going through a lot of things at that time, and as Lizpuff said he was kinda checking out of reality. But no way I would ever believe he had actually forgotten Nate's last name was Dykeman, he just couldn't come up with a name on the fly.

I still think towards the end he had the saddest looking eyes.

That could be me projecting. Or maybe he just had sad eyes in general?


Possibly projecting because you know the sad outcome. But also Dylan had kind of sad puppy like eyes in general.

True, I was also doing the same thing with his prom picture.

I have a similar shape to my eyes so I look a little down all the time unless I add some eyeliner and mascara to brighten them up.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
This video should remind everyone what a horrible bastard Dylan was. Joking about with friends who he was going to try and blow up in a few weeks.


Agreed. They were both very self-centered bastards in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6427
Contribution Points : 194046
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 5:25 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
This video should remind everyone what a horrible bastard Dylan was. Joking about with friends who he was going to try and blow up in a few weeks.


Agreed. They were both very self-centered bastards in that regard.

Yea, once I was able to process everything a little I'd be like "that bastard drove me to school and was humming along to a song while planning to kill me!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
This video should remind everyone what a horrible bastard Dylan was. Joking about with friends who he was going to try and blow up in a few weeks.


Agreed. They were both very self-centered bastards in that regard.

Yea, once I was able to process everything a little I'd be like "that bastard drove me to school and was humming along to a song while planning to kill me!!!!"


All jokes aside, I'm sure their friends ALL had moments like that when they went over and over their last conversations, last times they joked around, etc. Sad
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6427
Contribution Points : 194046
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 5:30 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
This video should remind everyone what a horrible bastard Dylan was. Joking about with friends who he was going to try and blow up in a few weeks.


Agreed. They were both very self-centered bastards in that regard.

Yea, once I was able to process everything a little I'd be like "that bastard drove me to school and was humming along to a song while planning to kill me!!!!"


All jokes aside, I'm sure their friends ALL had moments like that when they went over and over their last conversations, last times they joked around, etc. Sad

I have no doubt Sad
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 121178
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 5:37 pm

Sciamachy wrote:
It seems like he wants to say Nate's last name, but forgot it and then says Nate instead of Dykeman. Do you think he really forgot the last name of one of his best friends? Seems pretty weird to me at least  scratch .

He was probably just stumbling over his words. Happens all the time to normal people.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR




Posts : 2443
Contribution Points : 92767
Forum Reputation : 600
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 22
Location : UK

How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 3:26 am

Does anyone know what song they were listening to on the radio?

_________________
"Life's short but I wanna die."

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6427
Contribution Points : 194046
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 6:57 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Does anyone know what song they were listening to on the radio?

Flowers on the Wall, I think they were listening to the Pulp Fiction soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





How close were Dylan and Nate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close were Dylan and Nate?   How close were Dylan and Nate? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
How close were Dylan and Nate?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» How Do You Feel About How People Romanticize Eric & Dylan?
» Nate’s Yearbook message to E&D
» Question about Nate?
» Zach vs Nate?
» Interview with Nate D.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: