Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wayne Harris

Go down 
+4
QuestionMark
Rebbie556
evelynssye
sscc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92306
Forum Reputation : 225

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 6:50 am

wayne harris minutes after hearing there’s a shooter at columbine: "hello 911 i’m afraid my son eric harris is involved in the shooting at columbine" . wayne harris years later: eric sure did fool me, i was duped! bamboozled! i had no idea, honest. I really want your opinion about this mamadragon.
Back to top Go down

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 7:29 am

He may have known that Eric was troubled, but not to the point that he could commit a mass shooting until the shooting actually happened.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120653
Forum Reputation : 3191

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:
wayne harris minutes after hearing there’s a shooter at columbine: "hello 911 i’m afraid my son eric harris is involved in the shooting at columbine" .  wayne harris years later: eric sure did fool me, i was duped! bamboozled! i had no idea, honest.   I really want your opinion about this mamadragon.

To my knowledge Wayne didn't say anything about his son years later.

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 1:30 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:
wayne harris minutes after hearing there’s a shooter at columbine: "hello 911 i’m afraid my son eric harris is involved in the shooting at columbine" .  wayne harris years later: eric sure did fool me, i was duped! bamboozled! i had no idea, honest.   I really want your opinion about this mamadragon.

Agreed. I have never come across anything that Wayne or Kathy Harris has said publicly. scratch

The only thing I remotely remember was some book author saying that Wayne had come to his book signing, and supposedly spoke to him very briefly. But at the present moment I can't remember quite who, or where I remember that from. Its been a long night/day. Haha
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83717
Forum Reputation : 698

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 2:05 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Agreed. I have never come across anything that Wayne or Kathy Harris has said publicly. scratch

The only thing I remotely remember was some book author saying that Wayne had come to his book signing, and supposedly spoke to him very briefly. But at the present moment I can't remember quite who, or where I remember that from. Its been a long night/day. Haha
I think the OP is referring to the private meeting that the Mausers had with the Harrises. It wasn't public, but the Mausers revealed what was said.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Quote :
The Harrises seemed mystified by what had happened to Eric. They seemed to rather readily accept that perhaps Eric was a psychopath, but indicated they didn’t know how he became one. They claimed Eric “fooled them” and fooled the psychologist who was treating him. They felt misled by the psychologist, who they felt had regarded Eric’s problems as minor.

The author you are referring to is Wally Lamb, who wrote a book that is partly based on Columbine. There is a video where he talks about briefly meeting Wayne. I don't know if it's true.

There is also this.
Back to top Go down

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 2:14 pm

sscc wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

I think the OP is referring to the private meeting that the Mausers had with the Harrises. It wasn't public, but the Mausers revealed what was said.
Quote :
The Harrises seemed mystified by what had happened to Eric. They seemed to rather readily accept that perhaps Eric was a psychopath, but indicated they didn’t know how he became one. They claimed Eric “fooled them” and fooled the psychologist who was treating him. They felt misled by the psychologist, who they felt had regarded Eric’s problems as minor.

The author you are referring to is Wally Lamb, who wrote a book that is partly based on Columbine. There is a video where he talks about briefly meeting Wayne. I don't know if it's true.

There is also this.

YES THAT'S IT! Good Ol' Wally. Who knows if that really took place or not.

Also I don't blame Eric's parents in regard to Eric's therapist. I would pay good money to be able to see Dr. Albert's case files on Eric.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 2:26 pm

I've read some things about that therapist... One of his patients recommended to take pictures of the recordings.
Back to top Go down

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've read some things about that therapist... One of his patients recommended to take pictures of  the recordings.

The simple fact he refused to let Wayne and Kathy Harris see his files on Eric will always make me dislike him. He said it was because he was honoring Doctor/Client privilege, etc.  I think it was more "OH I fucked up and I have to cover my ass" more then anything else. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 2:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] definitely a red flag!
Back to top Go down

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 2:52 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] definitely a red flag!

My thoughts as well.
Back to top Go down
evelynssye

Contribution Points : 56653
Forum Reputation : 0

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 1:29 am

Rebbie556 wrote:

I read somewhere on here that Wayne called 911 after he received a phone call from Tom Klebold. I'm fuzzy on the details, but I think Nate Dykeman called Tom Klebold explaining that students at Columbine saw the shooters with trench coats on. After searching the house frantically for Dylan's trench coat and not finding it and knowing the other members of the trench coat mafia were counted for from Nate, Tom either called 911 and then Wayne Harris or Wayne Harris and then 911. I'm not too sure exactly. So Wayne Harris got a call from Tom Klebold explaining the situation. Wayne knows Eric occasionally wear's a trench coat to school and gets worried. Add that up with the mischief Eric has caused in the past and Wayne has no choice but to call 911 stating he may think Eric is involved in the shooting somehow. Obviously, I don't think Wayne thought Eric was shooting people and reeking havoc. He may have thought Eric played a part, but not killing people.

I think Wayne and Kathy turned a somewhat blind eye to Eric's behavior and mischief, hoping as he got older he would just mellow out or get distracted by something he was passionate about. That's why it was so easy to fool them. I'm not saying they were bad parents, I'm saying it's easy to write off some of Eric's behavior as "boys will be boys." They know more than they are letting on, and that is why they won't ever talk or come out of the woodwork. They have no choice but to play dumb so people won't hate them.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 1:31 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've read some things about that therapist... One of his patients recommended to take pictures of  the recordings.

The simple fact he refused to let Wayne and Kathy Harris see his files on Eric will always make me dislike him. He said it was because he was honoring Doctor/Client privilege, etc.  I think it was more "OH I fucked up and I have to cover my ass" more then anything else. Evil or Very Mad

That therapist was all kinds of fucked up. No wonder Adam hated them with jackasses like this running around, doing nothing to actually help their patients.

Rebbie556

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 3:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Dr. Albert is just another armchair psychologist he sucked money out of ppl
100$ for 50 mins session is a bit high priced though.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 3:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Mr. Harris had Klebold's phone number in his notebook its possible that Tom called Wayne.
Back to top Go down

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 10:40 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:

That therapist was all kinds of fucked up. No wonder Adam hated them with jackasses like this running around, doing nothing to actually help their patients.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  In Dr. Albert's case I wholeheartedly agree. All Eric's parents wanted was to try to figure out what was going through his mind. They were desperately looking for anything to help them understand what had happened, and that bastard refused to let them see anything. Evil or Very Mad

Might be my skeptical nature, but something tells me the good Doctor gave zero fucks about honoring Eric's right to privacy and only cared about something coming out that would end his practice.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 12:27 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  In Dr. Albert's case I wholeheartedly agree. All Eric's parents wanted was to try to figure out what was going through his mind. They were desperately looking for anything to help them understand what had happened, and that bastard refused to let them see anything. Evil or Very Mad

Might be my skeptical nature, but something tells me the good Doctor gave zero fucks about honoring Eric's right to privacy and only cared about something coming out that would end his practice.

I'd bet good money that there might be something serious that Eric told him and Dr Albert didn't do anything with that information. It probably wasn't Eric spilling the whole idea of NBK but more like something along the lines of "I want to kill people/myself".

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 1:13 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:

I'd bet good money that there might be something serious that Eric told him and Dr Albert didn't do anything with that information. It probably wasn't Eric spilling the whole idea of NBK but more like something along the lines of "I want to kill people/myself".

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
rebootoX

rebootoX

Contribution Points : 56904
Forum Reputation : 0

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 4:59 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:

Absolutely, Eric basically stated that he was having homicidal thoughts. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70598
Forum Reputation : 345

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 9:21 pm

The house smelled like gas and the media said Trench Coat Mafia and he knew his son wore a trench coat. Those 2 things probably set off his alarms and is why he made the call.

Yes he knew Eric was troubled, thats why he kept that notepad where he jotted down thoughts about him. However he probably didn't foresee his son committing mass murder.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 66565
Forum Reputation : 50

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 4:39 am

W.A.R. wrote:
The house smelled like gas and the media said Trench Coat Mafia and he knew his son wore a trench coat. Those 2 things probably set off his alarms and is why he made the call.

Yes he knew Eric was troubled, thats why he kept that notepad where he jotted down thoughts about him. However he probably didn't foresee his son committing mass murder.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this, he came home to a house reeking of propane and went into his room, saw a sawed off shotgun barrel, empty shell packages and likewise and made a logical assumption. If tom had called him before, he'd notice the absence of the trenchcoat as well.

I mean he must've went into his room together with Kathy, why else would she refuse to let the cops go in at one point? It probably looked very incriminating.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 5:30 am

But when you say years later "we had no clue Eric fooled us" how that? Your son left lot of stuff behind and you find them in his bedroom. You found a propane bomb if that's not a sign idk
I'm not trying to be a wannabe better parent but his parents behavior is strange...
Back to top Go down

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 am

W.A.R. wrote:

Agreed. Before 4/20 Wayne probably though Eric had just hit a rough patch. I truly don't think his parents believed he was capable of doing the things he did. I'm sure after they came home that day and the whole place reeked of gas, and seeing all the shit Eric had left laying around was when it hit them that he was likely involved in the attack.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97917
Forum Reputation : 440

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 2:43 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:

Well, when Eric was still alive, then it is actually a standard american psychological procedure. If you have a teenager who is not severely disordered (functions in society, can think and fend for himself etc), then you keep details of the meetings between you and the client. You do not share it with parents, teachers or other people.

After the shooting when Eric is already dead and there's a whole murder investigation going on - that's a different story.

W.A.R. wrote:

Refresh my memory, was the bomb symbol drawn on the wall in the Harris or Klebold residence?

Cause if it was in Eric's room, then this alone is a great explanation why Wayne was pretty sure his son was involved.

In some way, I ahve to say Wayne did the right thing. It is not easy to call the cops and say: " I think its my son killing all those kids there". Weaker minds would just push this away. I think Wayne decided to phone the cops realizing he may face charges, lawsuits and maybe even prison, but he instead decided to risk it all in hopes of saving Eric. He suggested going himself to negotiate with Eric. Regardless how slim the chance was to help Eric, Wayne wasn't about to pass it up.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 3:55 pm

Sabratha wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:

Well, when Eric was still alive, then it is actually a standard american psychological procedure. If you have a teenager who is not severely disordered (functions in society, can think and fend for himself etc), then you keep details of the meetings between you and the client. You do not share it with parents, teachers or other people.

After the shooting when Eric is already dead and there's a whole murder investigation going on - that's a different story.

I am well aware of it being a standard procedure. BUT after Eric's death was another matter entirely. Albert had valuable information that could have possibly shed light on what was going through Eric's mind during the last months of his life.

To withhold any information that may have helped Eric's parents, or even the police figure out what what had went wrong is just a very selfish move. In my opinion Dr. Albert probably banked on said "standard procedure" to keep from being held liable for anything that was in those case files.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wayne Harris  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Harris    Wayne Harris  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wayne Harris
Page 1 of 1