Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walking The Halls

Go down 
+2
QuestionMark
23september
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Adzybear

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60111
Forum Reputation : 100

Walking The Halls Empty
PostSubject: Walking The Halls   Walking The Halls Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 4:07 pm

First of all..It's my first post. Thanks for letting me be here. Please be gentle.

There is much speculation of how things went down after Eric & Dylan left the cafeteria, walking the halls, looking through classroom windows etc. Even making eye contact with other students.

Regret? Adrenaline wearing off...

I think that they just enjoyed and reveled in being the ones who walked through that school knowing IT WAS THEIRS. The POWER of walking about, (this is OURS) kinda thing. From being pushed into lockers and being called "Faggots" to OWNING that whole building. That's why they didn't shoot anymore. They didn't need to.

That petrol canister that went off as they were back up in the library, perhaps they thought that was The Bomb going off downstairs...Mission Complete?

That last march through the hallways must have felt pretty powerful?

Anyone agree?
Back to top Go down

Walking The Halls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking The Halls   Walking The Halls Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 8:07 pm

Welcome to the forum. Smile

Actually I think the wayward wandering was likely a strange mix of everything you listed and then some. I'm sure the rush was wearing off by then, it's also possible that the enormity of what they had just done was starting to sink in as well.

Maybe even regret. We will never know what was truly going on in their heads during that time. But I do believe both felt that for once they did have complete control, total power over those around them.

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

Walking The Halls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking The Halls   Walking The Halls Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 11:21 pm

There has been some analysis of the way E and D walk up the stairs too. A lot of people say Eric walks determined while Dylan kind of lags behind like he is using his last bit of energy just to go and die.

Also, yes!! Welcome to the forum Smile

Walking The Halls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking The Halls   Walking The Halls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 8:05 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
There has been some analysis of the way E and D walk up the stairs too. A lot of people say Eric walks determined while Dylan kind of lags behind like he is using his last bit of energy just to go and die.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Having watched that footage many, many times. The main thing that really sticks out to me is the fact that Eric went up them like a hyped up chipmunk and Dylan took those stairs two at a damn time! Shocked  Damn tall ass, lanky Dylan. Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Walking The Halls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking The Halls   Walking The Halls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 2:12 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Having watched that footage many, many times. The main thing that really sticks out to me is the fact that Eric went up them like a hyped up chipmunk and Dylan took those stairs two at a damn time! Shocked  Damn tall ass, lanky Dylan. Haha

LOL, I wonder if he was deceptively strong. It looks like you could break him like a twig but I wonder if he had a ton of upper body strength or something...

Walking The Halls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking The Halls   Walking The Halls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 2:42 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

LOL, I wonder if he was deceptively strong. It looks like you could break him like a twig but I wonder if he had a ton of upper body strength or something...

Looks can sometimes be very deceiving. So who knows?
Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 65565
Forum Reputation : 50

Walking The Halls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking The Halls   Walking The Halls Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:33 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

didn't he even take them three at a time Shocked
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

Walking The Halls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking The Halls   Walking The Halls Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 10:37 am

Adzybear wrote:
First of all..It's my first post. Thanks for letting me be here. Please be gentle.

There is much speculation of how things went down after Eric & Dylan left the cafeteria, walking the halls, looking through classroom windows etc. Even making eye contact with other students.

I think that they just enjoyed and reveled in being the ones who walked through that school knowing IT WAS THEIRS. The POWER of walking about, (this is OURS) kinda thing. From being pushed into lockers and being called "Faggots" to OWNING that whole building. That's why they didn't shoot anymore. They didn't need to.

That petrol canister that went off as they were back up in the library, perhaps they thought that was The Bomb going off downstairs...Mission Complete?

Anyone agree?

Might explain why they shot at random things in the halls. Marking their territory, so to speak.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Walking The Halls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking The Halls   Walking The Halls Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 10:47 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Adzybear wrote:

Anyone agree?

Might explain why they shot at random things in the halls. Marking their territory, so to speak.

Everyone in that school was positively terrified at that point so they were the ones in complete control

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79197
Forum Reputation : 1491

Walking The Halls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking The Halls   Walking The Halls Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 6:32 pm

No doubt, "taking control of the school" is a part of Columbine that isn't a part of school shootings before or after.  It is not just the shooting kids in the face that makes it a power fantasy fulfilled, but, as you put it, "From being pushed into lockers and being called "Faggots" to OWNING that whole building."  The latter by itself brings much interest to the case.

However, from one noob to another, I'm not sure that isn't so much what is in the mind of the spectator, and not in their mind. I think if you put yourself in their shoes, you would feel in control, and you might revel in it by shooting lockers and the ceiling, maybe turn on the gas in the science room or whatever they did. But you would also (if not first) think about the cops - their not entering is what gave them that control.  

I don't think they imagined that happening, and were prepared to die in a shootout with police. Indeed Eric wrote that cops may kill him after he shoots only one person but oh well. "Killing cops" also seems a goal of the massacre, and they would've known they had not done that with their shots from the library. That was surely the "next level" after they killed enough students to bore them.  There was also that line from Eric about if by some "weird as shit luck" they escaped the school how they would continue to wreak havoc.  

With all that, and the mysterious "walking the halls" time, I wonder if they were checking the halls for police, who probably should have been there, and the exits to see if they were surrounded.  I don't have the knowledge of the layout to argue for that with force, but it seems to me a better answer than the usual ones, like that they felt regret and went for a walk.

Also seems to me when they enter the cafeteria the second time, they have their guns ready in a way they didn't the first time. When they left last time a fire had broken out, and they probably thought the bombs were going to go off.  Have to wonder if they thought "maybe THIS will get the cops to enter and we can die". Also means "they had to get away from the exploding bomb" is a good a reason as any for why they walked the halls.

As no cop or anything relevant, I wrack my brain for reasons why the cops did not enter. The usual answers like "it was protocol then to secure a perimeter" and that it was just unprecedented chaos don't satisfy me. I have only guesses, like their being spooked by the diversion bomb. Maybe some part of it was a tripwire bomb or something to make them fear opening the door.  Maybe just the pipe bombs themselves were enough to spook them.  Maybe Eric did start the shooting with the ski mask on, and that made them think this was Iran taking hostages or something.
Back to top Go down
Adzybear

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60111
Forum Reputation : 100

Walking The Halls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking The Halls   Walking The Halls Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 6:11 am

Great post Cakeman. I really enjoyed reading that. And you have given me some points to think about.

slippy123

Contribution Points : 104688
Forum Reputation : 1235

Walking The Halls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking The Halls   Walking The Halls Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 1:13 pm

You can see their movements though the school in this video:
It doesn't seem like they were looking for police until they shot out of the library windows, but it could be a possibility it was on their mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Walking The Halls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking The Halls   Walking The Halls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking The Halls
Page 1 of 1