Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Underclassman/beginning of junior year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

Underclassman/beginning of junior year  Empty
PostSubject: Underclassman/beginning of junior year    Underclassman/beginning of junior year  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 8:07 am

First I’m wondering; did the ketchup incident happen before or after the van break in?

We talk about the downward spiral starting on the day of the van break in, but why?

I think they were roughly talking abut NBK before... I’m still trying to pinpoint exactly what happened the summer before junior year to start this whole thing. Why did they change so much?

PostSubject: Re: Underclassman/beginning of junior year    Underclassman/beginning of junior year  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 9:47 am

I think once you break the law to get the material it means that you really are determined. Maybe they were not sure they would go on NBK before breaking in the van, but since they got into trouble after the incident maybe they thought "We didn't do it for nothing, we really have to keep our plan." Buying stuff that are easy to find and freely available is not that much of an important step, you can change your mind, never use them and it would only be a waste of money and time whereas breaking the law (even if nobody had find out that they were the culprit) has more important consequences, even on yourself (at least I don't think Dylan was completely indifferent about doing this). Also when you talk, read or think about dark things, you hide your true self to your family and friends but it's not the same as when you really do something in secret.

About what happened the summer before junior year, maybe it was the summer break? I feel that a long period with no school to keep you busy and prevent you from thinking can really change you. Especially if they saw each other often and thought about how bad they felt.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Underclassman/beginning of junior year    Underclassman/beginning of junior year  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 11:10 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
First I’m wondering; did the ketchup incident happen before or after the van break in?

I could've sworn someone here said that the ketcup tampon incident was in January of 1997, but I don't remember where I heard it. 

Screamingophelia wrote:
We talk about the downward spiral starting on the day of the van break in, but why? 

Getting arrested and paraded before court after getting away with so many petty crimes before was likely very humiliating, especially since both their families were informed of it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underclassman/beginning of junior year    Underclassman/beginning of junior year  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Underclassman/beginning of junior year
Page 1 of 1