Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?

Go down 
+2
EricsToastInTheCaf
Tommy QTR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EricsToastInTheCaf




Posts : 83
Contribution Points : 57863
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-05-09
Location : Tennessee

Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Besides the obvious front-runner being Columbine, I would say some other strong candidates are Virginia Tech (seemingly inspired Flanagan, Oliveira, Kazmierczak, among others) and Whitman (inspired R.B. Smith, Cruz, Barbaro, among others)... What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR




Posts : 2443
Contribution Points : 93367
Forum Reputation : 600
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 22
Location : UK

Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 1:52 pm

I'd have to say Elliot Rodger, he inspired Chris Harper-Mercer, Cruz, and Alek Minassian to name a few.

_________________
"Life's short but I wanna die."

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 3:29 pm

I'd say other than the obvious columbine influence it'd had to be Elliot Rodger, like tommy said a number of mass murderers were influenced by him, he has become an icon of love deprived killers. Im suprised that killers like Breivik and Cho who made detailed manifestos didn't gather as much influence among future killers after their crimes,the only person i can think of who was inspired by Cho was that Brazilian guy wellington who used the same jesus like poses and tactical gear along with two handguns. I can't think of anyone directly inspired by Breivik and his Ideology. It seems like the more average killers gather more influence compared to Political terrorists like Breivik and the Insane self perceived vigilantes like Cho.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 121778
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 5:56 pm

TheyAllFloatDownHere wrote:
I can't think of anyone directly inspired by Breivik and his Ideology. 

David Ali Sonboly committed his attack on the five year anniversary of Brevik's attack and held him in high regard.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
EricsToastInTheCaf




Posts : 83
Contribution Points : 57863
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-05-09
Location : Tennessee

Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 1:27 am

I would argue that Lanza was inspired by him as well, down to them both using Modern Warfare 2 as 'simulation.'

_________________
"We all gotta die sometime Red." - Sgt Barnes, Platoon.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 121778
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 2:38 am

EricsToastInTheCaf wrote:
I would argue that Lanza was inspired by him as well, down to them both using Modern Warfare 2 as 'simulation.'

I heard speculation that Lanza wanted to beat Breivik's kill count but I don't think it was ever confirmed.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993


Posts : 97
Contribution Points : 60256
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-28
Location : Help Me I'm In Hell

Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 3:19 pm

I distinctly remember hearing from somewhere that Breivik was one of Adam's favourites. But Adam did not care for his motive, he only liked him because of his organisation, militaristic attitude and extreme preparation.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 7:05 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
EricsToastInTheCaf wrote:
I would argue that Lanza was inspired by him as well, down to them both using Modern Warfare 2 as 'simulation.'

I heard speculation that Lanza wanted to beat Breivik's kill count but I don't think it was ever confirmed.

yeah there was that one news report that said Adam was inspired by breivik and wanted to beat his kill count but i dont think it was true due to it being early reports, im sure Adam knew about Breivik though and im sure he had an newspaper article on the Utoya massacre if i remember correclty
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy


Posts : 280
Contribution Points : 72091
Forum Reputation : 95
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 30

Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 8:44 pm

TheyAllFloatDownHere wrote:
I'd say other than the obvious columbine influence it'd had to be Elliot Rodger, like tommy said a number of mass murderers were influenced by him, he has become an icon of love deprived killers. Im suprised that killers like Breivik and Cho who made detailed manifestos didn't gather as much influence among future killers after their crimes,the only person i can think of who was inspired by Cho was that Brazilian guy wellington who used the same jesus like poses and tactical gear along with two handguns. I can't think of anyone directly inspired by Breivik and his Ideology. It seems like the more average killers gather more influence compared to Political terrorists like Breivik and the Insane self perceived vigilantes like Cho.
In one of Basedshaman´s videos you can see that Elliot Rodger had commented on a video about Cho, so Elliot most likely had been influenced by Cho to some degree.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 7:41 am

Jesse Osborne may have been inspired by Adam Lanza
Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993


Posts : 97
Contribution Points : 60256
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-28
Location : Help Me I'm In Hell

Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 10:48 am

TheOne99 wrote:
Jesse Osborne may have been inspired by Adam Lanza
From what I have read about Osborne and from the transcript of his police interrogation, he only wanted to beat Adam and shared no real sympathies with him.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha


Posts : 1704
Contribution Points : 99516
Forum Reputation : 440
Join date : 2015-04-01
Location : The Masovian Lowland

Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 7:52 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
EricsToastInTheCaf wrote:
I would argue that Lanza was inspired by him as well, down to them both using Modern Warfare 2 as 'simulation.'

I heard speculation that Lanza wanted to beat Breivik's kill count but I don't think it was ever confirmed.

I don't remember anything specific like that. I'm sure he was obsessed by numbers and his excel table of shootings was imho a clear expression of his desire for an effective, shock-inducting attack with a high bodycount.

_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 121778
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 4:34 am

TheGoodGuy wrote:
TheyAllFloatDownHere wrote:
I'd say other than the obvious columbine influence it'd had to be Elliot Rodger, like tommy said a number of mass murderers were influenced by him, he has become an icon of love deprived killers. Im suprised that killers like Breivik and Cho who made detailed manifestos didn't gather as much influence among future killers after their crimes,the only person i can think of who was inspired by Cho was that Brazilian guy wellington who used the same jesus like poses and tactical gear along with two handguns. I can't think of anyone directly inspired by Breivik and his Ideology. It seems like the more average killers gather more influence compared to Political terrorists like Breivik and the Insane self perceived vigilantes like Cho.
In one of Basedshaman´s videos you can see that Elliot Rodger had commented on a video about Cho, so Elliot most likely had been influenced by Cho to some degree.

Or at the very least knew who Cho was. I kind of get the feeling Roger projected some of his own feelings on to Cho.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?   Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Which shooting 'inspired' the most 'followers'?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» School shooting NOT inspired by Columbine?
» Was there ever a shooting that was genuinely inspired from a video game?
» Lapeer Michigan Columbine "Inspired" Shooting foiled
» Was Seung-Hui Cho inspired by Wayne Lo?
» E/D followers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Other Mass Shootings-
Jump to: