Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shooters who ran out of ammunition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 70691
Forum Reputation : 95

Shooters who ran out of ammunition Empty
PostSubject: Shooters who ran out of ammunition   Shooters who ran out of ammunition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 7:34 pm

I Know Dylann Roof tried to shoot himself in the head but ran out of ammo. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dylann Roof, the accused Charleston church killer, tried to turn his gun on himself at the end of his shooting rampage but he had run out of bullets, according to the son of a victim.

I also just read that Anders Breivik ran out of ammo but that doesn´t make sense to me since I have read somewhere that he had 10 magazines for his Ruger Mini-14 but this article says and I quote 
During a killing spree lasting over an hour, Breivik fired 121 shots with his pistol and 136 with a semi-automatic rifle. 

That means he only fired 4.5 30 rounds magazines with his rifle and 8 magazines with his Glock (if the Glock magazines were loaded with 17 rounds) so how did he run out of ammo if he had 5.5 magazines left for the rifle I don´t get it. And did he intend to engage in a shootout with police or maybe even kill himself? I have never heard of him wanting to kill himself since it was politically motivated and I suppose he wanted to be heard and share is political reasons for this to the world in person. And if engaging in a shootout with police he might also have died so was his intentions to surrender all along? I know this is off topic but thought I would ask here instead of making yet another thread. 

Anyone else that ran out of ammunition? Please do also share some extra information if you have it, like did the shooter want to kill himself or continue if they have had more ammo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooters who ran out of ammunition   Shooters who ran out of ammunition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 7:46 pm

Julian Knight ran out of ammo and lost his "suicide" bullet.
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 70691
Forum Reputation : 95

PostSubject: Re: Shooters who ran out of ammunition   Shooters who ran out of ammunition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 8:13 pm

The infamous death stalke wrote:
Julian Knight ran out of ammo and lost his "suicide" bullet.
I just found an article about him in case someone wants a source regarding your info.

Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993

Contribution Points : 58856
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Shooters who ran out of ammunition   Shooters who ran out of ammunition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 1:18 pm

Michael Ryan was left with only one magazine for his pistol, he had abandoned his M1 Carbine and his Type 56 was completely empty. According to police transcripts he only had one round left which he used on himself.

EricsToastInTheCaf likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooters who ran out of ammunition   Shooters who ran out of ammunition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 1:13 pm

It is more common the the rampage to end before the ammo runs out, just look at Thomas Hamilton who could have killed everyone in the school plus some extra people outside, but became an hero before the cops got to him. I think Derrick Bird was running low on ammo, it wouldn't matter anyway, he would not be getting up the Hardknott Pass with only 3 tyres.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91942
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Shooters who ran out of ammunition   Shooters who ran out of ammunition Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 6:52 am

George Hennard ran out of ammunition for his Ruger P89.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooters who ran out of ammunition   Shooters who ran out of ammunition Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 8:06 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
I thought he ran out of ammo for his Glock 17 and the only magazines he had left were for the Ruger P89 but since he dropped it earlier and he was cornered by police he had to take a round out of a P89 magazine and load it into the Glock to kill himself.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91942
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Shooters who ran out of ammunition   Shooters who ran out of ammunition Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 8:10 pm

SavageGlocker wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
I thought he ran out of ammo for his Glock 17 and the only magazines he had left were for the Ruger P89 but since he dropped it earlier and he was cornered by police he had to take a round out of a P89 magazine and load it into the Glock to kill himself.
I got the guns mixed up, sorry.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68247
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Shooters who ran out of ammunition   Shooters who ran out of ammunition Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 11:37 am

Arcan Cetin used up his 25 round magazine for his Ruger 10/22 which he left behind at Cascade Mall.

EricsToastInTheCaf likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooters who ran out of ammunition   Shooters who ran out of ammunition Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 2:16 pm

Nathaniel Berhow used 6 rounds to shoot at his victims and the final 7th round in the gun to shoot himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooters who ran out of ammunition   Shooters who ran out of ammunition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shooters who ran out of ammunition
Page 1 of 1