Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Small Questions

Go down 
+2
InsaneIntruder
Screamingophelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 12:07 pm

If any of you want to ask small questions about a shooting, here's the topic to post it in.

Shoutout to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for coming up with the idea for this and wanting it and @Tommy QTR for wanting this.
Back to top Go down

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Great, thank you!
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91917
Forum Reputation : 575

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 6:37 am

I guess I'll start, does anybody know if George Hennard fired both his Handguns at the same time?

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 8:10 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
I guess I'll start, does anybody know if George Hennard fired both his Handguns at the same time?
Pretty sure he fired them one at a time, I watched an episode of a TV show called I Survived and it's about people who survived pretty bad situations and they had two people who were inside the cafeteria when it happened and one of them said after George crashed his truck into the building, he stepped out with only the Glock in one hand.
Back to top Go down

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Which Shooter travelled the largest distance to commit the Shooting?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 5:22 pm

Ziamber II wrote:

I just listened to a podcast about the pulse nightclub shooting. And the shooter traveled over 100 miles to commit the crime. I don’t know if that’s the farthest but it seems quite far.

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 5:50 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
Derrick Bird travelled all through West Cumbria.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85803
Forum Reputation : 340

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 6:33 pm

How much ammo did Cho carry? How about Elliot? How much ammunition do shooters usually carry?
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 6:39 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
How much ammo did Cho carry? How about Elliot? How much ammunition do shooters usually carry?
Cho had 377 and Elliot had 400 bullets with them. Most mass Shooters carry at least a couple hundred rounds with them.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 1:28 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:
Derrick Bird travelled all through West Cumbria.

But he lived in the area he commited the Shooting, it's not like he travelled from Cumbria to Devon to go on the rampage.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 11:32 am

Does anybody when Martin Bryant bought his guns?

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] In case you're still interested.

On the wikipedia page of the event it is written:

Quote :
He used at least some of this money in late 1993 to purchase an AR-10 semi-automatic rifle through a newspaper advertisement in Tasmania. In March 1996, he had his AR-10 repaired at a gun shop and made enquiries about AR-15 rifles in other gun shops. At the time of purchase, non-handguns were not required to be registered in Tasmania.

However there is no reference so I don't know if it is true.

In an article (again, I don't know if it is reliable), Paul E. Mullen (Professor of Forensic Psychiatry, Monash University. Director of Victorian Forensic Psychiatry Services.) wrote:

Quote :
Mr Bryant has never been involved in competitive sports though when his father was alive they would regularly go scuba diving together. He has acquired a number of guns by private purchase. He apparently had no difficulty obtaining ammuniation for these weapons. He has never acquired a gun license, partly because he was afraid of difficulty answering questions about safe gun usage. He acknowledged a fasination with weapons and demonstrated an extensive knowledge of guns. This interest in guns has been more intense in the last year or so. His access to large amounts of cash enabled him to purchase automatic and semi automatic weapons designed for military use.

And I found this:

au.news.yahoo.com/bryant-port-arthur-wouldnt-have-happened-31076116.html wrote:
In more unseen footage, the killer described how easy it was to buy his arsenal of weapons, including a high-powered semi-automatic assault rifle from local gun dealer Terry Hill without a licence.

Detective: Did you make out you had a gun license (licence) when you purchased them?

Bryant: No, I never discussed it, never. I just said I had the cash on me and he said that's alright.

Detective: Did he ever, did he ask to see if you had a gun license (licence)?

Bryant: No, never.

Detective: So are you blaming Terry Hill for what happened?

Bryant: Well I'm not blaming anyone. It wasn't Terry Hill's fault. I got that one out of the paper don't forget. So you can blame the Mercury for advertising.

Bryant: If they don't advertise'em it wouldn't've happened.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 3:26 pm

Neah wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] In case you're still interested.
Thanks, that's really helpful. It does make me wonder if the gun dealer was ever arrested for selling the weapon to Bryant, as he didn't have a licence to own it, I bet he regrets that decision every day.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 4:17 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Thanks, that's really helpful. It does make me wonder if the gun dealer was ever arrested for selling the weapon to Bryant, as he didn't have a licence to own it, I bet he regrets that decision every day.

I find it interesting that simply enforcing the laws already on the books would've prevented the shooting yet the publucwas whipped into a furor and decided to restrict gun ownership to almost nothing in response. Speaks volumes.

Tommy QTR

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 5:26 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

I find it interesting that simply enforcing the laws already on the books would've prevented the shooting yet the publucwas whipped into a furor and decided to restrict gun ownership to almost nothing in response. Speaks volumes.
Yeah well anti-gunners don't care facts, they only care about more control and taking away freedom.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 7:24 am

Do you know why two lines of Katz letters were blurred?

This is the thumbnail of the Inside Edition video, which is also the only picture you find when you google "David Katz letter":
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And this is a screenshot from the video itself:
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85803
Forum Reputation : 340

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 7:53 am

Neah wrote:

This is the thumbnail of the Inside Edition video, which is also the only picture you find when you google "David Katz letter":

Don't know, you can still read it on the screenshot.
Back to top Go down

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 8:49 am

Neah wrote:

To avoid demonetisation, maybe? Since the blurred lines mention child abuse and alcoholism.
Back to top Go down

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 9:29 am

SavageGlocker wrote:

To avoid demonetisation, maybe? Since the blurred lines mention child abuse and alcoholism.

Yeah, maybe, or age restriction because I don't see why mentioning these two issues would be a problem for Youtube.
Back to top Go down
malatic

Contribution Points : 50787
Forum Reputation : 25

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Anyone have that one photo of Robert Hawkins smoking(?) ? Or the photo of him as a kid with the shirt uncensored?
Back to top Go down

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 7:42 am

rodent wrote:
Anyone have that one photo of Robert Hawkins smoking(?) ? Or the photo of him as a kid with the shirt uncensored?
Are you talking about this one?And I not have the child one
Back to top Go down
malatic

Contribution Points : 50787
Forum Reputation : 25

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 7:03 pm

The infamous death stalke wrote:
rodent wrote:
Are you talking about this one?And I not have the child one

Yeah, that’s the one! Thank you so much! Don’t worry about the other pic haha.
Back to top Go down
perfection

Contribution Points : 39849
Forum Reputation : 55

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 11:32 am

Ziamber II wrote:
Patrick Crusius traveled over 650 miles to commit the El Paso shooting.
Back to top Go down

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 3:03 pm

Does Anyone Know Where These Pages Of Stephen Balliet's Manifesto Come From? Couldn't Them Find In The PDF File.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Small Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Questions   Small Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small Questions
Page 1 of 1