Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?

Go down 
+4
tfsa47090
em81
JDM87
rik75
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rik75

Contribution Points : 97043
Forum Reputation : 50

Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Empty
PostSubject: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 10:19 am

I have watched ' hitmen for hire' several times and i find it quite interesting to visual see and hear E&D 'unleash' their anger and rage.I feel that Dylan is like a ' raging bull'. A  raging bull that is under a mild sedative. His body is hunched inward and he dose not appear to releasing the full potential of his rage. He seemed to be holding back the true monster that is developing inside him. His anger is far more vocal than his physical expressions. At the end of Dylan's ' rant' we see a shy smile and that kind of tells me that he is just a kid ,a kid that is making a mini movie and trying to ' act tough'. With Eric ,his eyes are the main tool of expression. His eyes become wild and kind of spooky. They are wide open ,staring and very penetrating. He raises a hand and points a finger. He could be covered by a sheet ,with only his eyes visible and he still would be as intimidating. He is not as vocally intimidating as Dylan. How do you interpret E&D body language and verbal rants? Im just a interested about your opinions. Thanks..

Screamingophelia and AZ20 like this post

Back to top Go down
JDM87

Contribution Points : 101606
Forum Reputation : 0

Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 10:25 am

Eric is scary. Extremely scary. His tone of voice compared to Dylan's is also interesting. Yeah, Dylan is shouting and screaming at the camera, but Dylan let out a little grin after he messed up one line. Eric seemed to be actually treating it as a warning for what was to come, whilst Dylan seemed to be just fulfilling his role.

EyebrownSonSun likes this post

Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101224
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:38 am

JDM87 wrote:
Eric is scary. Extremely scary. His tone of voice compared to Dylan's is also interesting. Yeah, Dylan is shouting and screaming at the camera, but Dylan let out a little grin after he messed up one line. Eric seemed to be actually treating it as a warning for what was to come, whilst Dylan seemed to be just fulfilling his role.
I agree. The first time I saw it I was a little bit scared of Eric. I think Dylan had fun to play this role.

In the media they cut the part where Dylan laughed and asked why their parents didn´t see the rage... In the basement tapes Eric speculated that they would cut their movies... think about it. sorry for ot.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 3:58 pm

JDM87 wrote:
I recently watched the footage of Eric being filmed at Columbine. He was being filmed sat at a table in the cafeteria. He is quietly spinning his mobile phone on the table. That's another 'side' of Eric's personality on show. I guess it is the 'side' that his parents only knew (overall). When i see him messing with that phone (in the room that he planned to blow up and kill hundreds of his fellow students) he is totally disarming and he looks like he is sedated. 100% tranquil and totally at peace in his surroundings. I guess Eric revealed his ' real side ' to a selected few and most probably laughed at Eric and his 'crazy ideas'. All but Dylan of course. Eric's eyes are scary ,i do agree. His eyes are Piercing and i find them quite intimidating.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 4:12 pm

em81 wrote:
JDM87 wrote:
I agree. The first time I saw it I was a little bit scared of Eric. I think Dylan had fun to play this role.

In the media they cut the part where Dylan laughed and asked why their parents didn´t see the rage... In the basement tapes Eric speculated that they would cut their movies... think about it. sorry for ot.
I saw a few clips of E&D at the Rampart range. Em ,who is the girl?
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101038
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 4:30 pm

rik75 wrote:
em81 wrote:
JDM87 wrote:

The girl is Jessica Miklich. She is (or was) Mark Manes' girlfriend. Mark is the guy with the long hair pulled back.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 4:38 pm

tfsa47090 wrote:
rik75 wrote:
em81 wrote:
JDM87 wrote:

The girl is Jessica Miklich. She is (or was) Mark Manes' girlfriend. Mark is the guy with the long hair pulled back.
Thank you for telling me.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101038
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 4:42 pm

rik75 wrote:
tfsa47090 wrote:
rik75 wrote:
em81 wrote:
JDM87 wrote:

Thank you for telling me.
You're very welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:07 am

Hmm....I found Dylan more intimidating, to be honest. Yes, he laughs after he finished his rant, but for me, that doesn't minimize the intensity of his yelling. He sounds very angry and manic, while he is doing that and I initially have to think about his "everybody get up"-scream from the 911 Call. His eyes are not that intense like Erics, but they also look.....mad?

What makes Erics rant less scary for me, is simply the fact, that he sounds like he is rapping. I agree that his eyes are creepy, but the unwanted Gang$ta-shit-factor makes his speech also a bit ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:03 am

Hale-Bopp wrote:
Hmm....I found Dylan more intimidating, to be honest. Yes, he laughs after he finished his rant, but for me, that doesn't minimize the intensity of his yelling. He sounds very angry and manic, while he is doing that and I initially have to think about his "everybody get up"-scream from the 911 Call. His eyes are not that intense like Erics, but they also look.....mad?

What makes Erics rant less scary for me, is simply the fact, that he sounds like he is rapping. I agree that his eyes are creepy, but the unwanted Gang$ta-shit-factor makes his speech also a bit ridiculous.
Hi Hale-bopp, Dylan does have angry eyes ,but i think Eric looks possessed. I have paused the video during Eric's rant and in those few seconds ,he does (to me) look like a maniac. I thought Eric told everybody in the library to stand up. I didn't know it was Dylan. Who told all the 'white hats' to stand up?
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101797

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:09 am

Hale-Bopp wrote:

I agree. Erics rant doesn't strike fear into me, it's like he's trying too hard to be intimidating hence the "crazy eyes"

Dylan on the other hand laughs after his but if that's not him fully going for it... What is? That dude could yell and that's just him half-assing it. He'd terrify me and I'm not easily scared. He doesn't in that video but if he was to walk to me in a hallway or on the street and start yelling at me that way (minus the laugh) I may have to change my trousers.

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118758
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:11 am

rik75 wrote:
Hale-Bopp wrote:

Hi Hale-bopp, Dylan does have angry eyes ,but i think Eric looks possessed. I have paused the video during Eric's rant and in those few seconds ,he does (to me) look like a maniac. I thought Eric told everybody in the library to stand up. I didn't know it was Dylan. Who told all the 'white hats' to stand up?
It was Eric who said "Get up" when he first walked into the library and then Dylan said something along the lines of
"Everybody get up" or "Everybody with white hats get up". About Hitmen for Hire; Dylan scared me more, just because he is loud and to me loud is scarier. Even loud ass music scares me, like those bands where they scream. That shit is scary.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:30 am

rik75 wrote:
Hale-Bopp wrote:

I just assume both told people to stand up, but I was referring to the moment in the 911 Call by Patti Nielsen, where you can hear Dylan yelling "everybody get up" in the background.Just for the possibility, that you may havent heard it until now- Its at 4:26: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 am

Hale-Bopp wrote:
rik75 wrote:
Hale-Bopp wrote:

I just assume both told people to stand up, but I was referring to the moment in the 911 Call by Patti Nielsen, where you can hear Dylan yelling "everybody get up" in the background.Just for the possibility, that you may havent heard it until now- Its at 4:26: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thanks for the video link Hale-bopp, at the beginning of the 911 call, i heard someone in the background say " shots fired ". Do you know who said that? I presume it was an adult. I think the others adults there were Richard Long ,Carole Weld ,Peggy Dodd and Lois Kean. Where did Peggy Dodd hide? I believe Weld & Kean hid in the RNN room and Richard Long left the library and ended up in a science room with Dick Will. I cant find out about Peggy Dodd and her movements. Im curious to know where she went and hid. Can you help me please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:52 am

rik75 wrote:
Hale-Bopp wrote:
rik75 wrote:
Hale-Bopp wrote:

Thanks for the video link Hale-bopp, at the beginning of the 911 call, i heard someone in the background say " shots fired ". Do you know who said that? I presume it was an adult. I think the others adults there were Richard Long ,Carole Weld ,Peggy Dodd and Lois Kean. Where did Peggy Dodd hide? I believe Weld & Kean hid in the RNN room and Richard Long left the library and ended up in a science room with Dick Will. I cant find out about Peggy Dodd and her movements. Im curious to know where she went and hid. Can you help me please?
Uh, sorry no. I dont have that much knowledge about the people in the library, I didnt even know the names of the adults, except Nielson, of course.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Hale-Bopp wrote:
rik75 wrote:
Hale-Bopp wrote:
rik75 wrote:
Hale-Bopp wrote:

Uh, sorry no. I dont have that much knowledge about the people in the library, I didnt even know the names of the adults, except Nielson, of course.
That's ok. I just found Peggy Dodd's statement and it is quite interesting ,if i may tell. Peggy entered the library at 11:20 and sat with Richard Long at the computer desk (Long was repairing a computer)Carole Weld approached Long and asked him " is this real?". Carole appeared to be extremely upset by what she had seen. They all went into the conference room (nearest the rear exit door). They could see Dylan firing a gun. Peggy noticed that Dylan was smiling. She described as " more of a smirk than a smile" and thought it was a prank ,due to the expression on Dylan's face. Long shouted out that it is real and Peggy ran into the library and told everyone to get out. So it appears that everyone in the library were aware of the threat before Dylan entered the school. As Peggy was running around the library telling everyone to get out ,she stated " that's when i saw Dave Sander's". Dave ran past the library, motioning with hands ,to " get back ". He was running along the hallway ,past the library and heading in a north westerly direction. Peggy thought that Dave was ordering them to stay in the library. Seconds later Brian Anderson runs into the library (with Jenny Matthews & an unknown boy) and collapses in front of the main desk. Brian tells Peggy that " Eric Harris has fu*!ing shot me!". Peggy notices Patty Nielson under the main desk. Amid all the bullets and explosions, Peggy ,Brian,Jenny and the unknown boy crawled into the magazine room. A short time later Brian,Jenny and the boy make a run for it and escape through the rear exit. Peggy stayed in the mag room because she didn't think she could run as fast as the others. At about 3:32pm SWAT rescues Peggy. All those dead ,in a few minutes of madness Crying or Very sad Mad No silent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:39 pm

They both look pretty scary. I think Dylan is scarier actually. Think about it, if you had to have a fist fight with one of the 2, who would you rather take on?
Back to top Go down
JDM87

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 am

Dylan had a solid build and looked quite strong, but I think Eric would've whipped anyone's ass in a fist fight. Even though he was <6ft, he could've definitely been quite strong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:50 am

I read somewhere, forget where, that one of the Library survivors could not watch the Hitmen video because it gave the student memories because of their yelling.

TBH I think both of their rants on camera really could reflect their actual actions during the Massacre: Eric was more serious, and Dylan just had fun with it.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102163
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:07 pm

When I see the videos, I see two boys trying to look tough, but coming off as awkward and embarrassed. It is astonishing that people so juvenile could cause such pain.

Sure, I agree that they probably tried to pull this kind of "crazy maniac" act during the shooting. But I see it as the attempt of cowards to disassociate themselves from reality

Eric and Dylan talk a big talk on the video, but even with guns in their hands they were too scared to face the jocks. They started the shooting at a place they knew was far from the weight room and athletic facilities. They screamed in the faces of girls and children. They fired under tables, barely able to look at what they were doing. They backed down completely when faced with an actual football player, Evan Todd, who later said that he had bullied them. Some hitmen for hire...

captainbaculum and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:20 pm

JohnnyB wrote:

I read somewhere, forget where, that one of the Library survivors could not watch the Hitmen video because it gave the student memories because of their yelling.

TBH I think both of their rants on camera really could reflect their actual actions during the Massacre: Eric was more serious, and Dylan just had fun with it.
Hi JohnnyB, i would not be surprised if many of the survivors felt that way. I'm sure E&D's voices and faces will always be a traumatic reminder of the events that day.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:31 pm

lasttrain wrote:
When I see the videos, I see two boys trying to look tough, but coming off as awkward and embarrassed.  It is astonishing that people so juvenile could cause such pain.

Sure, I agree that they probably tried to pull this kind of "crazy maniac" act during the shooting.  But I see it as the attempt of cowards to disassociate themselves from reality

Eric and Dylan talk a big talk on the video, but even with guns in their hands they were too scared to face the jocks.  They started the shooting at a place they knew was far from the weight room and athletic facilities.  They screamed in the faces of girls and children.  They fired under tables, barely able to look at what they were doing.  They backed down completely when faced with an actual football player, Evan Todd, who later said that he had bullied them.  Some hitmen for hire...
Yes and at the end of it all they took the cowards way out and committed suicide.

johncena likes this post

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
JDM87

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:21 am

rik75 wrote:
Yes and at the end of it all they took the cowards way out and committed suicide.
Well, the whole massacre was pretty much the paradigm of a coward's resolution to perpetuated bullying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:21 pm

I find that part of Hitmen for Hire quite intriguing as well. You have Dylan break character entirely with that grin because he knows he messed his rant up, and then you've got Eric seemingly getting it right on his first try and remaining serious throughout. I feel that Eric is far more 'tangible' in his rant (his part feels more real to me, like he wasn't just playing a role) but Dylan's probably the scarier of the two when he does get it right. Of course, Dylan did have the height advantage that helps create a more intimidating atmosphere. ;) 

Dylan's the more introverted of the two who's not fully used to expressing emotion so vividly, which shows on-screen as that slight goof and as the fact that you can see him literally 'enlarge himself' as he gears up for the second try. Dylan has to work harder to get in touch with that part of himself, which is a further confirmation for me of my idea that he lived inside his head and didn't make the translation from head to body emotion-wise. He analysed emotions, toiled about them in his mind, clouded his thoughts, etc.. but I don't think he let himself feel or unleash anything through his body until things had piled up so much that he just erupted.

You can see Eric puff himself up slightly in front of the camera trying to pass off as intimidating, but he just comes across as a little bit awkward amid the whole serious rage vibe he's got going on. Sure, crazy eyes and clipped tone of voice but I dunno.. he is not fully convincing for me. I don't doubt that he could be intimidating if he flew off the handle entirely, but I don't get that sense from Hitmen for Hire. Eric, too, was holding back here. I do feel that he was the more 'physical' of the two emotionally. He actively makes mention of the fact that he has to work to uphold the mask, which is something I believe also indicates his struggle to not let his emotions play out in the foreground so much. (He was very facially expressive and did the whole gesture-thing from what I can see in his videos, so it's a miracle he was able to hide what was going on to the level he did.)
Back to top Go down
AnnunakiLady

AnnunakiLady

Contribution Points : 31960
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 11:18 pm

Eric would've been a damn good drill instructor

PostSubject: Re: Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?   Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hitmen for Hire: Erics EYES and Dylan's RAGE. What do you think about this?
Page 1 of 1