Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Library Dialogue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123775
Forum Reputation : 40

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Theres one question I always think about (and it may be a stupid): why did E & D taunt most of the people they shot in the library?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 9:11 pm

If I may be honest I always felt like it was proof of bullying. I’m not saying again that it was the main reason but I thought it was because of the power and control but also I thought it was them trying to disassociate themselves. Eric thought if it as a video game. Dylan thought of it it as a movie.

Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123775
Forum Reputation : 40

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
If I may be honest I always felt like it was proof of bullying. I’m not saying again that it was the main reason but I thought it was because of the power and control but also I thought it was them trying to disassociate themselves. Eric thought if it as a video game. Dylan thought of it it as  a movie.
that's kind of what I was thinking to. I thought they did it to scare people but idk
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82882
Forum Reputation : 3068

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 9:40 pm

I agree that it was about exerting control, having power over everyone else. Getting to choose who lived and who died, frightening people, making Bree and Evan beg for their lives. I think E & D spent years feeling powerless (some of that may have been due to having been bullied) and they were ready to inflict that on others, even if it wasn't the same people who'd done it to them.

And I also agree that they each had their own way of distancing themselves emotionally from what they were doing. It made it easier for them to go through with by depersonalizing their victims; Eric had written that he intended to view the people as the monsters from Doom. I'm not sure how Dylan handled it but I think envisioning himself as part of a movie like NBK is a good assumption.

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 12:44 am

Kerea2244 wrote:
Theres one question I always think about (and it may be a stupid): why did E & D taunt most of the people they shot in the library?

I think once they realized just how firm their grasp of the situation was it started getting to their heads. The SS tortured a lot of the Jews they were sent out to kill, there was never a clear reason for most of it.

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 3:23 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:

Just to put it in very simple terms E&D taunted people simply because they wanted to, and could do so with no repercussions.
Back to top Go down

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 3:27 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Kerea2244 wrote:

I think once they realized just how firm their grasp of the situation was it started getting to their heads. The SS tortured a lot of the Jews they were sent out to kill, there was never a clear reason for most of it.

Agreed to both. E&D knew they were in control and let themselves do things they knew they wouldn't have been able to get away with before.

The SS knew they could do whatever they wanted to and get away with it. So they let every sick, nasty, twisted, evil thing they had in them out. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
TheBigLebowski

Contribution Points : 52935
Forum Reputation : 0

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 9:29 am

Also Eric had Luvox in his system. It is a known fact that AD can make you feel less. The boundary of seeing the consequence of your action is gone. It can also create mania. (what clearly happened to Harris).
James Holmes said that he didnt feel anything when shooting his guns in the Cinema.
This happens in 4% of the cases people take AD.

Don't underestimate the influence of AD (anti-depressants).
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 10:29 am

TheBigLebowski wrote:
Also Eric had Luvox in his system. It is a known fact that AD can make you feel less. The boundary of seeing the consequence of your action is gone. It can also create mania. (what clearly happened to Harris).
James Holmes said that he didnt feel anything when shooting his guns in the Cinema.

I'm sure it'd be much better to take anti-depressants off that market entirely and let people with mental illnesses suffer horribly because there's no other treatment for their conditions.  Rolling Eyes 

I'm real fucking tired of this "oh it was the psyche meds!" excuse. You don't kill someone because you're on medication. Literal millions are on meds and they never hurt anyone. I could point you to several instances where people went off their meds and killed someone though.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 11:19 am

QuestionMark wrote:
TheBigLebowski wrote:

I'm sure it'd be much better to take anti-depressants off that market entirely and let people with mental illnesses suffer horribly because there's no other treatment for their conditions.  Rolling Eyes 

I'm real fucking tired of this "oh it was the psyche meds!" excuse. You don't kill someone because you're on medication. Literal millions are on meds and they never hurt anyone. I could point you to several instances where people went off their meds and killed someone though.

May I play devils advocate? I think it’s also finding the right medication or combination of meds too. I know from personal experience I was put on meds when I was younger and they were not the right ones and I really changed for the worse and it wasn’t treating what was going on. Not saying that’s the reason but when you put kids that young on certain medicines there will be certain side effects plus I think Dr. Albert was a bit shady....

I still think there is just a cluster of reasons why it happened not to quote Brooks but there are no easy answers.

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 11:23 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I think Dr. Albert was a bit shady....

Me as well. Shady AF! I'd LOVE to go through his case files on Eric. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 1:07 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Me as well. Shady AF! I'd LOVE to go through his case files on Eric. Evil or Very Mad

Are there any plans to release Eric's psych records?
Back to top Go down

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 1:49 pm

thelmar wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Are there any plans to release Eric's psych records?

No. Evil or Very Mad   Dr. Albert refused to even let Eric's parents see what was in the records. He said it was due to Dr/patient privilege, and protecting Eric's privacy.

I truly think he was mainly protecting his own ass. No way Albert was going to release ANYTHING that could have possibly made him liable and open to lawsuits stemming from the attack.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 6:25 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

No. Evil or Very Mad   Dr. Albert refused to even let Eric's parents see what was in the records. He said it was due to Dr/patient privilege, and protecting Eric's privacy.  

I truly think he was mainly protecting his own ass. No way Albert was going to release ANYTHING that could have possibly made him liable and open to lawsuits stemming from the attack.

I agree he's probably protecting himself. I am surprised that Eric's doctor/patient confidentiality is valid considering that the majority of time that he saw Albert he was under 18, but perhaps the Harris' gave the ok for Eric to make the decisions between himself and Albert.
I was looking into CO law and it looks like the only way that the Harris' could obtain access to Dr. Albert's files on Eric would be if they sued him for malpractice. I wonder if you need to have a solid justification for that ahead of time or if it can be done as more of a fishing expedition.
Back to top Go down
TheBigLebowski

Contribution Points : 52935
Forum Reputation : 0

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 12:07 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
TheBigLebowski wrote:

Try to read. In 4% of the cases. Eric could be one of those cases. Also I suffer from depression myself and for me AD did nothing. It is proven that only for heavy cases they help. The rest is for cash for the pharmaceutical industry. Luckily there are a lot of other treatments.

And even then in 90% of the shooting cases the perp(s) were taking some kind of drug. Be it AD or something else. Just fact.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 3:19 pm

TheBigLebowski wrote:
Try to read. 

Sure thing. Let's take a look here...

TheBigLebowski wrote:
In 4% of the cases. Eric could be one of those cases. Also I suffer from depression myself and for me AD did nothing. It is proven that only for heavy cases they help. The rest is for cash for the pharmaceutical industry. Luckily there are a lot of other treatments.

And even then in 90% of the shooting cases the perp(s) were taking some kind of drug. Be it AD or something else. Just fact.

Yeah I stand by my original point, blaming psyche meds is a really shortsighted response and I'm still sick of hearing it get repeated ad nauseum by people like yourself.

Sponsored content

Library Dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library Dialogue   Library Dialogue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Library Dialogue
Page 1 of 1