Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tour of Columbine HS?

Go down 
+4
QuestionMark
Mein Gott
TheGoodGuy
katherinex
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91131
Forum Reputation : 255

Tour of Columbine HS? Empty
PostSubject: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 3:55 am

If I ever visited Colorado and wanted to go on a tour of Columbine? Would I be able to do it?
Back to top Go down
katherinex

Contribution Points : 61986
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 6:51 am

No, it's a high school that's still operational. By all means visit the memorial but you won't be allowed in the school.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193332
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 9:45 am

Especially if you go to the memorial close to the anniversary, there is heavy security around the school to keep you on the path.

You will be able to see the school and it's an emotional thing and the park itself is really beautiful but touring the school is not something that can happen.

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 11:49 pm

Well, I'm into the supernatural and all, so that's why I asked, but going to the memorial would be cool too. I even want to visit the stanley hotel.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 11:57 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Well, I'm into the supernatural and all, so that's why I asked, but going to the memorial would be cool too. I even want to visit the stanley hotel.

The last time I was at Clement Park near the memorial at sunset I felt a tap on my shoulder and my ponytail was pulled....

Ghost? Spirit?

I am into it too but I have no idea who that was, and there was no one there... eerie.

I live near Littleton so it is my local park.

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 1:48 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

The last time I was at Clement Park near the memorial at sunset I felt a tap on my shoulder and my ponytail was pulled....

Ghost? Spirit?

I am into it too but I have no idea who that was, and there was no one there... eerie.

I live near Littleton so it is my local park.
Have you talked to any students in the past or now who go to Columbine High and if so have they ever reported anything supernatural? I also wonder if they are freaked they go to a school where a mass shooting happened? I know the library isn't there anymore, but if it was me I would still get goosebumps just being a student.
Back to top Go down
katherinex

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 5:45 am

I doubt any of the students who attend Columbine now would have even been born when the shooting took place. I don't think it would freak me out considering it happened so long ago but if I attended Stoneman Douglas after the fact I'd be worried another shooting might happen.
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 70791
Forum Reputation : 95

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 8:51 am

So if a young looking person like myself tried to walk into the school I would be stopped? There must be hundreds of students in that school or security going to check every student before entering? Unless they do this I think it would be easy to just walk in and tour the school pretending to be a student.

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 9:14 am

I think someone tried that and then got a call from the FBI a month or so later. Correct me if I am wrong.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 9:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the thread I was looking for!

Contribution Points : 51860
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 10:36 am

I suppose they would be pretty heavy on security nowadays, considering the number of copycats around.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120478
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 11:48 am

TheGoodGuy wrote:
So if a young looking person like myself tried to walk into the school I would be stopped? There must be hundreds of students in that school or security going to check every student before entering? Unless they do this I think it would be easy to just walk in and tour the school pretending to be a student.

That's pretty illegal. You could very easily end up serving time for a trespassing charge.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 12:16 pm

There are a few Columbine related places around Littleton with VERY big "No Trespassing' signs. Including the school and a few other places that people like to go by.

5PMSomewhere

Contribution Points : 53705
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 4:04 pm

A guy on snapchat (snap map) was driving past it the other night and by his wording "damn so that's columbine" (or something along those lines) - he was seemingly there to nosey at it but mentioned there's cops on school ground even at night time so couldn't really get far.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 10:29 pm

I just thought of something, what would be the big deal to make Columbine HS a tourist place? In the Summer when school is out, they can offer tickets to people who's interested in the history of the place.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 12:25 am

bradt93 wrote:
I just thought of something, what would be the big deal to make Columbine HS a tourist place? In the Summer when school is out, they can offer tickets to people who's interested in the history of the place.

I'm pretty sure the victims wouldn't like having their tragedy being exploited for cash.

bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 2:04 am

It's not meant to be disrespectful to the victims or their families, just for hardcore columbiners who's still interested in the case after all these years. Since it's a public HS, would the state of Colorado have to approve of it?

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 4:14 am

Even if it was to happen, it wouldn't really be a tour in my eyes because hardcore columbiners would only want to see where the action happened and since the library is no longer there what else will they see? An empty cafeteria that looks the same as any other American High school?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 3:33 pm

bradt93 wrote:
It's not meant to be disrespectful to the victims or their families,

Well that's how they're going to see it no matter your intent.

Szabo

Contribution Points : 67788
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Also, you won't be able to just leisurely walk around. The boy who tried it only walked from one end out the other and in that time he was stopped by a teacher and asked what he was doing.

I can't see it being worth potentially getting arrested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tour of Columbine HS?   Tour of Columbine HS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tour of Columbine HS?
Page 1 of 1