Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"everybody wearing white hats to stand up"

Go down 
+4
Tommy QTR
Emanation of Darkness
Screamingophelia
hallywayhomicide
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hallywayhomicide

Contribution Points : 54810
Forum Reputation : 0

"everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Empty
PostSubject: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 3:50 pm

"klebold yell everybody wearing white hats to stand up"
why are people wearing white hats?
is it an american thing?
is it literal or metorphorical, if so who does it apply too?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 195548
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Athletes/ jocks at CHS wore white hats. They still do!

Banned

Contribution Points : 55084
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Degeneracy.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 94242
Forum Reputation : 600

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 7:16 pm

It was Eric said that infamous quote, yet some people here don't think bullying was one of the motives.

-Lil Peep

Last edited by Tommy QTR on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 80417
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 9:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is right, the "jocks" at CHS wore white hats with their school logo/mascot on it. Most would wear it specifically to show they're an athlete. That's how E & D could distinguish the athletes from the others.
And yes, this infamous quote alone should clearly show that there was bullying between E & D and the "jocks".
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 195548
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 9:39 pm

TaylorsMom wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is right, the "jocks" at CHS wore white hats with their school logo/mascot on it.  Most would wear it specifically to show they're an athlete.  That's how E & D could distinguish the athletes from the others.  
And yes, this infamous quote alone should clearly show that there was bullying between E & D and the "jocks".

Exactly.

I don't think it was the REASON for the shooting however clearly it was a catalyst.

I don't know how people still claim that they were popular and NEVER bullied at all... most of it comes from people who didn't know them.

I still don't believe they would be the kind of kids to complain about it or go to the principal. Especially Dylan...

I am sure others got it worse than them and they probably got it worse than others.

Contribution Points : 72598
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 11:29 pm

It was a Columbine thing.

They chose white to signify their oppression of other students.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 122653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 12:15 am

Emanation of Darkness wrote:
Degeneracy.

I didn't know wearing a white hat was considered a form of degeneracy; I usually associate the term with people who'd do things like wear adult diapers while simultaneously shitting themselves and jerking off but that's just me.

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 7:14 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Degeneracy.

I didn't know wearing a white hat was considered a form of degeneracy; I usually associate the term with people who'd do things like wear adult diapers while simultaneously shitting themselves and jerking off but that's just me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You made me almost choke on my coffee DAMN IT! Shocked Roll
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 94242
Forum Reputation : 600

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 7:44 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Degeneracy.

Meh I think the term itself is quite stupid, especially how it's been used by certain people to describe anyone they don't like.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
hallywayhomicide

Contribution Points : 54810
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 9:02 am

W.A.R. wrote:
It was a Columbine thing.

They chose white to signify their oppression of other students.
thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Emanation of Darkness
Banned

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 10:22 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Degeneracy.

American school culture is degenerate in general. In normal world there's no such a thing as "jocks", "preps" and similar officially sanctioned subcultures given reign over school.

Yeah, there are students who do sports but that's it. They are just students.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 5:54 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Degeneracy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You made me almost choke on my coffee DAMN IT! Shocked Roll

Smile 

QuestionMark wrote:
Degeneracy.

American school culture is degenerate in general. In normal world there's no such a thing as "jocks", "preps" and similar officially sanctioned subcultures given reign over school.

Yeah, there are students who do sports but that's it. They are just students.

I think a more appropriate term to use is "backwards", not "degenerate", but I have a feeling you're not gonna change your mind on this one. 

Emanation of Darkness
Banned

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 6:37 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
I think a more appropriate term to use is "backwards", not "degenerate", but I have a feeling you're not gonna change your mind on this one. 
How was the school culture "backwards"?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 7:33 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
How was the school culture "backwards"?

Well you say that American schools are different from non-American (European?) schools, since the latter don't have any cliques while the former do, so the lack of cliques should be seen as a sign of progress, at least in theory.

Szabo

Contribution Points : 69978
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Quote :
It was Eric said that infamous quote, yet some people here don't think bullying was one of the motives.

Not necessarily. It could've meant they simply resented jocks maybe due to bullying, or their popularity, preferential treatment, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "everybody wearing white hats to stand up"   "everybody wearing white hats to stand up" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"everybody wearing white hats to stand up"
Page 1 of 1