Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The white hats?

Go down 
+2
Adzybear
bradt93
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bradt93

Contribution Points : 89231
Forum Reputation : 255

The white hats? Empty
PostSubject: The white hats?   The white hats? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 7:40 pm

We know the jocks were those to feel "superior", but was that common back then in showing their "dominance" over the other students?

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60111
Forum Reputation : 100

The white hats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white hats?   The white hats? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 11:47 pm

It still is

Indigowendigo

Contribution Points : 54424
Forum Reputation : 3

The white hats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white hats?   The white hats? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 6:53 am

I made this comment a bit ago on the post of the cafeteria video, but I don’t think anyway saw it, but...

I’m not sure what got me watching the cafeteria video tonight, but has anyone noticed at around 37:59, right after it goes back to full screen from 4, a girl in the middle of the crowd gets shoved by a boy and the very next frame a different girl gets shoved by a guy in a white hat. I never noticed it before or heard it mentioned.

I still keep thinking about this. I’ve watched it several times and it really gets to me.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 48277
Forum Reputation : 378

The white hats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white hats?   The white hats? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 9:23 am

Indigowendigo wrote:
I made this comment a bit ago on the post of the cafeteria video, but I don’t think anyway saw it, but...

I’m not sure what got me watching the cafeteria video tonight, but has anyone noticed at around 37:59, right after it goes back to full screen from 4, a girl in the middle of the crowd gets shoved by a boy and the very next frame a different girl gets shoved by a guy in a white hat. I never noticed it before or heard it mentioned.

I still keep thinking about this. I’ve watched it several times and it really gets to me.

Yes, I know what you're talking about.
I know it's probably an instinct, but it's almost bizarre how horrible they behave.
Back to top Go down
noodlesoldier

noodlesoldier

Contribution Points : 42171
Forum Reputation : 50

The white hats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white hats?   The white hats? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 6:06 am

Onyx wrote:

Yes, I know what you're talking about.
I know it's probably an instinct, but it's almost bizarre how horrible they behave.

That's what I'm thinking too that it's instinctive behavior to danger but still, you don't shove people. The 'Im-getting-out-first' attitude is weird I think.
Idk, everyone reacts differently, but I'd probably try to help instead of shove. Maybe a certain mentality is an underlying factor to that?
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 63612
Forum Reputation : 1210

The white hats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white hats?   The white hats? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 9:27 am

It seems pretty in tune with our primal instincts. "Fight or flight" if you will. Watch how animal herds instinctively behave when being hunted. With parents and their offspring being the exception, you will not see many instances of "polite" retreating or animals trying to help each other.

Indigowendigo

Contribution Points : 54424
Forum Reputation : 3

The white hats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white hats?   The white hats? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 1:21 pm

But those cases in point that I mention happen long before there is any danger. It’s several minutes before the first shot. Them shoving these girls is just regular behavior for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The white hats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white hats?   The white hats? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The white hats?
Page 1 of 1