Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Moseley

Contribution Points : 95882
Forum Reputation : 0

How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Empty
PostSubject: How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?   How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Especially Eric, he seems to have some sort of Southern accent?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118758
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?   How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Because he was born down south. Eric was born in Kansas.

Back to top Go down
Moseley

PostSubject: Re: How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?   How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:25 pm

And Dylan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?   How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:30 pm

Dylan was born in Colorado.

Eric was born in Kansas and later moved to Ohio, Michigan and New York before finally settling down in Colorado. I think his accent got a little influence from almost every place he stayed in for a longer period of time, although he does still sound quite different from the Colorado-natives in the videos we have.
Back to top Go down
Moseley

PostSubject: Re: How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?   How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm sure I've read somewhere that Dylan was actually born in Ohio.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?   How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Dylan definitely was not born in Ohio. He's never lived outside of Colorado.

Back to top Go down
Moseley

PostSubject: Re: How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?   How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 6:01 pm

I've just done a quick google check and it seems both his parents were, I presumed he was as well, my bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?   How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Moseley wrote:
That sounds like something Dave Cullen would make up.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?   How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:55 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
Moseley wrote:
That sounds like something Dave Cullen would make up.
LOL 

Back to top Go down
pema

Contribution Points : 101406

PostSubject: Re: How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?   How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:19 am

I spent most of my life in Colorado, and Dylan sounds like a native to me. Or at least, I don't hear any accent that would make me think he wasn't.
Back to top Go down
deelightful

Contribution Points : 99510

PostSubject: Re: How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?   How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 1:31 am

Coloradans have an accent? I thought that region was known for having a pretty neutral accent. I'm curious, what's distinctive about it?

Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101038
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?   How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:12 am

I don't quite know myself what it is that's distinctive about the Coloradan accent, but every region has an accent, whether they think they do or not.

I worked in radio for over a decade, and the "ideal" manner in which we were all supposed to speak was often referred to as "middle of the road". That itself is actually often referred to as a "Midwestern (U.S.)" accent, according to many professionals and professors I have dealt with in the field.

While it may seem that some people in certain regions of the U.S. don't have an accent, they actually do. We all do. It's just that many of us (where ever we're from) think that everyone else does!

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?   How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How come Eric and Dylan don't sound like they were born in Colorado?
Page 1 of 1