Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stoneman douglas: What we know

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 122900
Forum Reputation : 40

Stoneman douglas: What we know Empty
PostSubject: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 11:28 pm

• Cruz Was arrested at around 3:40

• Cruz had activated a fire alarm and began firing indiscriminately at students and teachers. The fire alarm caused confusion because there had been a fire drill earlier in the day

• Meadow Pollack was a senior who was shot four times during the shooting. As Cruz shot into other classrooms, she crawled to a classroom door but was unable to get inside. Cara Loughran was alongside Meadow, and she covered Loughran in an attempt to shield her from the bullets. Cruz returned to the classroom and located Pollack and Loughran. He discharged his weapon five more times, killing Pollack and Loughran.

• Peter Wang, Alaina Petty, and Martin Duque were honored by the U.S. Army with the ROTC Medal for Heroism

• Daniela Menescal was a few feet away from the the bodies of her two classmates, Nick Dworet and Helena Ramsay. She said that his head on her lap.

• Nikolas Cruz is the only one of the mass shooters to go to jail instead of suicide

If you got anything lmk

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 65644
Forum Reputation : 248

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 11:32 pm

I always thought the smoke from the gun activated the fire alarm, and not Cruz pulling it himself.

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 11:37 pm

School Massacre Archives wrote:
I always thought the smoke from the gun activated the fire alarm, and not Cruz pulling it himself.

As the OP stated and if I'm remembering right Cruz actually pulled it himself, which confused the school since they had supposedly already had a fire drill that day. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:37 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

As the OP stated and if I'm remembering right Cruz actually pulled it himself, which confused the school since they had supposedly already had a fire drill that day. scratch

That's what I read too.
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:52 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

That's what I read too.

But here is the thing. In one video that hasn't received much media attention, which was taken on the third floor, there were gunshots heard in the background BEFORE the fire alarm went off, which can be heard once the video ends. Did Cruz just decide to stop shooting and then pull it, or is there like a delay to when you pull it and when it actually goes off? scratch

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:54 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

That's what I read too.

But here is the thing. In one video that hasn't received much media attention, which was taken on the third floor, there were gunshots heard in the background BEFORE the fire alarm went off, which can be heard once the video ends. Did Cruz just decide to stop shooting and then pull it, or is there like a delay to when you pull it and when it actually goes off? scratch

Can you please link the vid?
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 2:01 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

That's what I read too.

Can you please link the vid?

Credit to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for finding this, as he originally shared this in another topic. Part of this video was also featured in the trailer of Parkland: Inside Building 12

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 2:10 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

That's what I read too.

The New York Times wrote:
The gunfire created smoke that set off the fire alarm, contrary to early reports that suggested the gunman might have pulled the alarm himself to wreak chaos.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 2:21 am

Credit to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for finding this, as he originally shared this in another topic. Part of this video was also featured in the trailer of Parkland: Inside Building 12

This video breaks my heart, I think it is the one that affects me the most. How their smiles and laughs turn into cries and screams so quickly is really chilling. I am hardly shocked by images, I can stand blood and gory pictures quite well but I find sound very effective. Screams, the sound of people crying can move me to tears.
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 2:32 am

Neah wrote:

This video breaks my heart, I think it is the one that affects me the most. How their smiles and laughs turn into cries and screams so quickly is really chilling. I am hardly shocked by images, I can stand blood and gory pictures quite well but I find sound very effective. Screams, the sound of people crying can move me to tears.

Agreed. When I first saw the video, it was really hard for me to watch, knowing what will happen to them just 3 minutes later. No

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 3:28 am

The smoke from the gun definitely caused the alarm. I own an AR15 (actually the same model as Cruz) and whenever I fire off more than like 3 rounds at the indoor range you can visibly see a cloud of smoke surrounding my gun and area near my head/upper torso. This happens despite the range having a great ventilation system and a ton of fans for preventing this, so I could absolutely see firing off dozens of rounds in quick session in a area not designed for indoor shooting (the close confines of the 1st floor hallway) setting off the alarm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 6:45 am

Rough Timeline of Deaths/Events

Evening of February 13th 2018:

-Nikolas Cruz is working the evening shift at the Parkland Dollar Tree store where he works as a cashier. He has been employed for approximately 2 years and is described as being relatively quiet but polite. According to Cruz, he heard a voice in his head ("the demon") tell him to hurt people the next day.

Morning of February 14th 2018:

Cruz, who had been living at a classmates residence (the Snead Family), wakes up. It's Valentines Day. The mother of the Snead Family allegedly asks Cruz if he is going to school today since he woke up after the time school normally starts (he was taking classes somewhere to get his GED iirc). He tells her that he "doesn't go to school on Valentine's Day".

~Midday Feb. 14th 2018:

At some point in the early afternoon Cruz gathers his gear and gets dressed. He puts on black combat boots, black jeans, blue boxer shorts, and a black belt. He's also wearing his MSD burgundy ROTC polo and a black baseball cap (facing forward) that is emblazoned with a logo that, according to some witnesses, resembled a police seal/logo. He also packs a black duffel-bag type bag containing a black load bearing vest that is loaded with a mix of 30 round and 5 round magazines. Overall hes carrying somewhere from 150-300 rounds. Also in the bag is his rifle, a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 Sport 2 rifle. It has a quad rail mounted bipod and possibly a vertical foregrip. It is also equipped with a holographic style sight. The ammo he's using is a mix of 5.56x45mm tracer rounds and American Eagle 5.56x45mm XM193 FMJ rounds.

~2:10p.m. Feb. 14th

Cruz calls an Uber to the Snead's house located at 7200 Loxahatchee Rd. His destination is Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, were he used to be a student. His Uber driver, who is driving a gold colored small car, picks him up. She notes nothing unusual about Cruz and mentioned that he was carrying a black bag which according to Cruz, "contained a guitar". The drive from the Snead's to MSDHS takes approximately 10 minutes. At this time school is still in session but is ending in less than 45 minutes.

2:19p.m Feb 14th

Cruz is dropped off by his Uber at the south end of the campus off of Holmberg Road. He gets out and starts "purposely" walking with his head down towards the 1200 building aka the freshman building. School monitor, Andrew Medina, notices Cruz (who was banned from the campus) and uses his radio to inform another unarmed guard to "be on the lookout". He does not issue a code red however.

2:21-2:27p.m Feb 14th

*This is the main event so I'm just gonna keep all the events (in chronological order) within this bracket for simplicity*

- Cruz enters the 1200 building from the East side doors on the first floor. The building 3 floors which each floor having one main hallway that's flanked on both sides by classrooms, bathrooms, and other rooms. Class is in session so not many people are in the first floor hallway, many are in classroom's though. Cruz immediately dips into the east 1st floor stairwell near where he entered and begins to get ready.

-Cruz then unzips his bag and puts on his vest and readies his rifle. As this is happening Chris McKenna, a freshman, is on his way to the bathroom when he enters the stairwell and witnesses Cruz gearing up. Cruz tells him to "get out of here" because "things were abouta get messy", McKenna then flees out the east-side entrance to go alert an adult.

-Cruz steps out of the stairwell into the 1st floor hallway and begins his massacre. There's no turning back now. He first opens fire on a group of 3 students loitering outside the door area of room 1215, they didn't stand a chance. Martin Duque, Peter Wang, and Gina Montalto are felled by approximately 15-20 shots. Cruz also fire at a lone student further down the hallway who is injured and takes shelter in the girls bathroom (and later room 1210).

-Cruz walks up to the doorway of room 1216, a English class taught by Dara Hass, and fires multiple shots through the door/window the room. 3 people are injured and 1, Alyssa Alhadeff, is killed by multiple shots to the torso and limbs. Cruz then walks out into the hallway (each classroom had a small alcove type area connecting it to the hallway) to fix something with his gun or vest.

-Proceeding West bound down the hallway, Cruz next targets room 1214, a "Holocaust History" class taught by Ivy Schamis. He fires 15+ rounds through the door/window (the widely aired video of the classroom shooting captures this), injuring 4. Nicholas Dworet and Helena Ramsey are also both killed by multiple gunshot wounds (her body is the one seen in the video of the class being rescued).

-Cruz then pauses again in the hallway to mess around with his gun (possibly unjamming it since he was firing quickly and was using fairly cheap ammo). He then returns to the entry of 1216 and and again fires into the class through the door. Alex Schachter is killed by a shot to the torso. Alaina Petty is also killed and 2 additional students are injured. It is now 2:22:52, rougly 1 minute 50 seconds have elapsed. 8 are dead, 10 are injured, the first 911 calls go out at around this time. The fire alarm has also gone off as well and students are evacuating the campus.

-Athletic director Chris Hixon runs into the 1200 building through the West-side door (opposite of where Cruz entered) and into the hallway. He is shot and injured by Cruz from mid-range and crawls into the alcove of the doorway of the building's office. Cruz then goes up to room 1213, a AP Psychology class, and opens fire. Carmen Schentrup is killed by a shot to the abdomen. 3 others are injured. Among them is Maddy Wileford, who was shot 3 times and initially thought to be dead.  

-Cruz continues westward down the hallway and walks up to Hixon (who is hiding and injured) and executes him. Meanwhile Aaron Feis is rushing towards the West Side of the building in golf cart. SRO Scott Peterson is also running towards the 1200 building but he decides to take cover outside instead of going in, later causing a public outcry. Coral Springs Police and the Broward County Sheriff's Office are also start arriving at the school.

-Cruz enters the west stairwell of the 1st floor. As he enters Feis also arrives and enters through the other entry door to the base of the stairwell; he is almost immediately shot down by Cruz in either the chest or head/neck. Cruz then heads up the staircase towards the second floor. 11 have died and 14 are injured. The police presence at the school continues to grow. Approximately 2 minutes and 30 seconds have elapsed since the first shot.

-Upon arriving on the second floor Cruz proceeds eastward down the hallway. He fires into a few classrooms although no one was injured as they had time to barricade and hide since they heard the massacre taking place on the first floor. He only spends a minute on this floor before using the East stairwell of the second floor to ascend to the 3rd floor.

-On the third floor many students have left their classrooms due to the fire alarm (although the gunshots were still somewhat audible). Most of these students are from room 1249 and 1255. As these confused students and teachers crowd the hallways Cruz enters the landing of the 3rd floor east stairwell.

-Cruz steps into the hallway and begins shooting. Geography teacher Scott Beigel is standing in the doorway of classroom 1256. He is the first killed and dies after being shot twice. He had let some students into his classroom (students fleeing the gunfire) and was locking the door to his class, which could only be locked from the outside, when he was murdered. A student in the adjacent room (1255) is also injured by a shot through the door. 4 additional students in the hallway are also injured, 3 of them will die.

-Cruz then spins around so his back is turned to his victims. He is reloading his gun. The other students who weren't injured by the initial barrage notice this and flee en masse down the west staircase of the 3rd floor. Cruz finishes loading and turns back around and fires on the fleeing crowd. Jamie Guttenburg and Luke Hoyer are both killed  by shots to the back. Kyle Laman is also injured by a shot to the ankle and foot but is able to escape.

-Cruz continues westward down the 3rd floor hallway and proceeds to finish off his 4 victims from the initial 3rd floor barrage. The first victim (idk their name) lying in the middle of the hallway, plays dead and Cruz steps over them. He then approaches Meadow Pollack who is lying over Cara Loughran, Cara was frozen in fear upon hearing the gunshots and Meadow was comforting her. However, Meadow was shot 4 times in the initial barrage and was grievously injured. When Cruz came upon them he fired 5 shots through Meadow's back, killing her and Cara. Their bodies were in the alcove of room 1249.

-Joaquin Oliver was Cruz's next and last victim. He was shot in the knee in the initial 3rd floor barrage and crawled into the alcove of the 3rd floor boys bathroom. Witnesses in room 1249 heard him screaming and begging for his life when Cruz walked up to him and killed him with a shot to the side of the head and possibly a shot to the torso. The police response is massive now.

-Afterwards Cruz proceeds westward to the teachers lounge of the third floor and attempts to fire out the window onto fleeing students (this why he equipped a bipod). The windows were hurricane-proof so he couldn't break it despite firing 16 shots. Cruz then leaves to the west 3rd floor stairwell where he discards his vest and rifle. He jogs down the stairs and out the west stairwell entrance of the 1st floor of the freshman building.

3:40p.m February 14th 2018

-Cruz walks with a group of students to a nearby McDonald and buys a drink. He then walks around aimlessly until an officer spots and arrests him not too far from the Snead's house.

**THIS IS BASED ON MY RESEARCH SO IT MAY NOT BE 100% CORRECT BUT IT'S THE BEST INTERPENETRATION BASED ON CURRENTLY AVAILABLE INFO

ADDITIONAL INFO/MEDIA

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 7:47 am

Probably the most detailed timeline I've seen yet. Thanks for posting this!

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 7:53 am

Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
The smoke from the gun definitely caused the alarm. I own an AR15 (actually the same model as Cruz) and whenever I fire off more than like 3 rounds at the indoor range you can visibly see a cloud of smoke surrounding my gun and area near my head/upper torso. This happens despite the range having a great ventilation system and a ton of fans for preventing this, so I could absolutely see firing off dozens of rounds in quick session in a area not designed for indoor shooting (the close confines of the 1st floor hallway) setting off the alarm.

A teacher in a 911 call said there was a lot of smoke in her room, so you might not be far off.

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 10:47 pm

Probably the most detailed timeline I've seen yet. Thanks for posting this!

Yeah, no problem!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2018 2:46 am

Other Miscellaneous Information (based mostly on the interrogation among other sources):

-Cruz's phone number was 954-821-1007 (it's no longer in service so i figure it'd be ok to post it)

-His mother died of pneumonia in November 2017

-He witnessed his father, Roger Cruz, die of a heart attack at the age of 6

-He hadn't attended MSDHS for 3 years when the shooting occurred

-Cruz claimed he maintained mostly B's and C's when he attended MSDHS, he also was in ROTC for 2 years

-He broke his finger a month before the shooting after punching a wall in anger

-He confessed to recreationally using drugs, among them Xanax, Marijuana, and Alcohol.

-After his mom died, Cruz attempted suicide. First he went to Walgreens and bought a whole bottle of Advil (Ibuprofen) and ate all of it before going to bed. Allegedly nothing happened.

-Previously he also attempted suicide by consuming a huge quantity of vodka, tequila, and wine. This only made him very sick and black out but he ended up being fine. He apparently did it due to his depression about being "lonely" and "living in solitude"

-He worked at Dollar Tree for 2 years as a cashier. He also had a job mowing people's lawns in his neighborhood. He claimed that he sensed that his coworkers at Dollar Tree were only nice to him because they felt bad for him. Additionally, he got the job because his mom was chill with the management, he didn't even have to do an interview.

-He had gotten in trouble with the police 6 years before the shooting after he was caught shooting at his neighbors chickens with a BB gun. No charges were filed.

-Cruz didn't know how to drive and didn't possess a driver's license.

-He bought the Ar-15 used in the attack in 2016. It was a Smith and Wesson M&P-15 Sport II that cost $560. He purchased it legally from Sunrise Tactical in Margate, Fl. He apparently selected it because it looked cool.

-Despite owning 7 guns, Cruz never went to a range or fired them before the shooting. The only time he did was when he shot his AR into the floor of his garage.

-The other guns he owned (other than the AR-15) were: A AK-style rifle (7.62), a Hi-point 9mm carbine, a Maverick 88 shotgun, a Mossberg 500 shotgun, and a Remington 870 Shotgun. All shotguns were 12 gauge. He also owned a .308 bolt-action Ruger hunting rifle. It's estimated that the total cost for all of them was 4-5K.

-He had a girlfriend (named Emily) at some point who broke up with him after a short period of time and instead begin dating a boy name Ian. At school Cruz confronted Ian and started a fight over Emily. Despite starting the fight, Cruz was outmatched and beaten up by Ian. Cruz was suspended and stopped showing up to school ultimately leading to his expulsion.

-He was also banned at MSDHS from bringing a backpack after he was caught with live ammo in his possession while he was on campus (when he was still enrolled at the school)

-A voice called "the demon" apparently commanded Cruz to do bad things. According to him, the voice told him repeatedly to "burn, kill, and destroy" among other bad things. He had allegedly been hearing this voice since his father died.

-Cruz had a tendency to abuse and kill animals such as birds and frogs. He especially hated frogs since one of his dogs had died after swallowing a poisonous frog and killed them as "revenge" for his dogs death.

-Cruz hadn't spoken to his brother Zack since January 2018, despite them being on relatively
good terms.

-He had some relatives living in New York but he wasn't close with them.

-Cruz aspired to be a US Army Ranger but he failed the ASVAB so he couldn't join the armed forces at all.

-On his phone he a note saved that detailed his plan to go to a "park" and shoot people there. He devised this plan approximately three weeks before the shooting. According to Cruz, it was the demon's idea and he didn't want to do it. Also Cruz said that he considered himself to be a "coward" and "dumb" (which is true to some extent).

-Apparently his adopted family was mean to him frequently and often called him "crazy" or "stupid" or a "dumbass". They also treated Zack similarly. There was no physical abuse though.

-Emily (his short-term gf) was apparently the "love of his life" according to Cruz, although she did not feel the same way and it was reported that Cruz was verbally and physically abusive to her (not sure how true this is though). She was the only girl Cruz ever dated because according to him, "other girls were scared of him".

-He had never seen an actual psychologist in his life (according to him).
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 6:40 am

I honestly can't wait for the final report to come out, as well as Cruz's trial, cause there is probably so much information that we don't know about yet.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 7:33 am

Mh_12rm_66 wrote:

-Despite owning 7 guns, Cruz never went to a range or fired them before the shooting. The only time he did was when he shot his AR into the floor of his garage.

See this is what piques a bit of interest from me. Granted it's not hard to aim and shoot someone who's only a dozen feet from you but I'd really like to know if Cruz ever went target shooting before. I want to know if he was allowed to handle guns in ROTC.

School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 8:24 am

People have said that this image right here shows Cruz shooting out of the window towards animals. Though I can't really tell if it's actually him or not.

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 9:40 am

Nikolas Cruz is an interesting person, with an insteresting history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 3:41 am

People have said that this image right here shows Cruz shooting out of the window towards animals. Though I can't really tell if it's actually him or not.

I believe that it was him, apparently he posted the pic in a instagram group-chat (named "Murica Great") with 5 others who were around his age. Apparently Cruz frequently talked about committing violence and said a ton of racist/sexist/homophobic things in the chat. Ill post some other photos and messages from the chat below:

Messages allegedly posted in the group chat:

-"I think I am going to kill people,"
*Followed up by him saying he was just kidding

-"I wanna shoot gay people in the back of the head"

-“Guys I got paid 330. I am buying body armor”

- “My real mom was a Jew. I am glad I never met her.”

-Described how he wanted to shoot blacks, Mexicans, Jews, and "immigrants"

-Described white women who dated blacks as "traitors"

-claimed he heard back after writing a letter to President Trump

-discussed different rifles with his friends and shared his plans to buy body armor. He referred to his gun collection as "the arsenal"

- talked about keeping black people in chains and cutting their necks

-said he hated black people simply because they were black and hated Jews because he believed they wanted to destroy the world.

-asked the group whether it was legal to wear body armor to school, replied with "because school shooters" when asked why

-Frequently talked about his hatred of liberals

Back to top Go down
Ri0T

Ri0T

Contribution Points : 25255
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 6:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

That's what I read too.

The New York Times wrote:
The gunfire created smoke that set off the fire alarm, contrary to early reports that suggested the gunman might have pulled the alarm himself to wreak chaos.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At 0:19 of the video just as they start screaming, a face pops up in the classroom door? its terrifying, they seem to be smiling has anyone else noticed this? Judging on timeline it's not Cruz so who is it?

PostSubject: Re: Stoneman douglas: What we know   Stoneman douglas: What we know Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stoneman douglas: What we know
Page 1 of 1