Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric football player

Go down 
+2
Screamingophelia
AmeliaDK.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AmeliaDK.

AmeliaDK.

Contribution Points : 53165
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric football player Empty
PostSubject: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:36 am

Hi guys
I heard Eric played football. Someone knows if he even tried to join the school team.
If I'm not mistaken Devon said Dylan tried for baseball.

I'm new to researching Columbine. I'm sorry if this question has already been asked.
And sorry for my English Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:44 am

Hi!

First off your English is impeccable.

May I ask though, I know football is known as soccer pretty much everywhere else in the world is that what you’re referring to?

Eric did play soccer for a long time and a lot of people say he was pretty good at it. But I don’t think he he tried out for the JV team at the school. He did play for a local team for a long time.

Dylan did try out for the baseball team his freshman year

AmeliaDK.

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:52 am

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Smile

I'm referring to American football itself!

I wonder why he never tried to join JV since he was a good player Question
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:57 am

AmeliaDK. wrote:

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Smile

I'm referring to American football itself!

I wonder why he never tried to join JV since he was a good player Question
Hi!

Then no. He never tried out for the football team, his brother was on the football team though

I am wondering if he didn’t try out because he didn’t like anyone on the team? I’m not sure, that’s a really good question to be honest

AmeliaDK.

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 10:21 am

Unfortunately we will never know why he did not try
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80522
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 1:39 pm

What Screaming said. Eric was at least at one point into soccer. He wrote his interests were "Computers/weaponry/soccer", but not American football.

Dylan was at one point into baseball, and did try out at one point, and until he died played fantasy baseball. I've heard he was a fan of Roger Clemens. His cap had the Colorado Avalanche hockey team logo on the front, and the Boston Red Sox baseball team logo on the back. Have also heard that Eric got angry at Dylan once during a soccer match, so I guess Dylan also played soccer.

Since they live in infamy as the jock haters, I do find it interesting when their life intersected with sports. The only American football reference between them that I know of is Eric is wearing a Denver Broncos shirt in the "Rampart Range" video.  Who knows whether that was done ironically, or whether he followed the team, or it was just an old shirt to wear when it was cold.

Krabbe says during the massacre they knocked over a computer with a Denver Broncos screen saver on it, and talked about how they hated football.  I've never heard that anywhere but from him, though.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 1:55 pm

cakeman wrote:
What Screaming said. Eric was at least at one point into soccer. He wrote his interests were "Computers/weaponry/soccer", but not American football.

Dylan was at one point into baseball, and did try out at one point, and until he died played fantasy baseball. I've heard he was a fan of Roger Clemens. His cap had the Colorado Avalanche hockey team logo on the front, and the Boston Red Sox baseball team logo on the back. Have also heard that Eric got angry at Dylan once during a soccer match, so I guess Dylan also played soccer.

Since they live in infamy as the jock haters, I do find it interesting when their life intersected with sports. The only American football reference between them that I know of is Eric is wearing a Denver Broncos shirt in the "Rampart Range" video.  Who knows whether that was done ironically, or whether he followed the team, or it was just an old shirt to wear when it was cold.

Krabbe says during the massacre they knocked over a computer with a Denver Broncos screen saver on it, and talked about how they hated football.  I've never heard that anywhere but from him, though.

I always assumed the bronco sweatshirt was Kevin’s and he borrowed it from him because it was so cold outside!

I assume he was probably dragged to games when he was younger

I also find it funny that neither of them were the worst at sports. Maybe gym class yes but Eric was good at soccer and Dylan was good at baseball.

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 1:59 pm

cakeman wrote:

I've never heard that either. That's oddly specific.

If there's any American sport that's considered to be a "jock" sport, it's football. I just don't see Eric having a serious interest in it. There are sports (like the aforementioned soccer, or perhaps hockey, etc.) that people play for enjoyment, but football has (for some reason) always been considered bigger than that, some kind super important proof of masculinity pageant that's always been associated with jock culture in our schools. It's clear that Columbine, like many high schools, had a real obsession with football and that kind of worshipful culture can be extremely obnoxious to the people who aren't interested.
Back to top Go down
AmeliaDK.

AmeliaDK.

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
cakeman wrote:

I always assumed the bronco sweatshirt was Kevin’s and he borrowed it from him because it was so cold outside!

I assume  he was probably dragged to games when he was younger

I also find it funny that neither of them were the worst at sports. Maybe gym class yes but Eric was good at soccer and Dylan was good at baseball.

I also thought the Broncos shirt could be from Kevin LOL
Back to top Go down
AmeliaDK.

AmeliaDK.

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 4:05 pm

cakeman wrote:

Interesting ! I was also unaware of this citation during the library massacre "about hating football"
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 5:05 pm

AmeliaDK. wrote:
cakeman wrote:

Interesting ! I was also unaware of this citation during the library massacre "about hating football"
Well, "sarcastically saying "oh we love football"' and knocking over the computer is probably more what he said, but that's the gist. It's during their roaming the halls, so I don't even know who would have been a witness to it.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 5:16 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

Me too. I don't know how good they were if at all but it was definitely an interest. With Eric you might argue he changed during high school, but everybody knows Dylan had the Boston Red Sox logo on his hat, and he never stopped playing fantasy baseball. Yet Dylan is the one who writes about hating jocks, and given that and that he was the more vocal one during the massacre, chances are when they talked about killing jocks, it was him.

Then again, what mike said. When you say "jock", you usually mean a football player. And of course, the jocks wore white hats, and Eric and Dylan wore black hats.

Also, a kid in Colorado with a Boston logo on his hat? One of the kids from the school on the news then had a Georgia Tech hat. A bit odd. John Elway jerseys I get but those not so much.

Here's what Krabbe says during the "roaming the halls" period of the massacre: "In an abandoned office, they found a computer with a screensaver of the Broncos (Denver's football team). "Oh, football, we love football!" they said, and threw the screen onto the floor with a cheer and fired at it."
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59415
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 1:16 pm

cakeman wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Me too.  I don't know how good they were if at all but it was definitely an interest. With Eric you might argue he changed during high school, but everybody knows Dylan had the Boston Red Sox logo on his hat, and he never stopped playing fantasy baseball. Yet Dylan is the one who writes about hating jocks, and given that and that he was the more vocal one during the massacre, chances are when they talked about killing jocks, it was him.

Then again, what mike said. When you say "jock", you usually mean a football player. And of course, the jocks wore white hats, and Eric and Dylan wore black hats.

Also, a kid in Colorado with a Boston logo on his hat? One of the kids from the school on the news then had a Georgia Tech hat. A bit odd. John Elway jerseys I get but those not so much.

Here's what Krabbe says during the "roaming the halls" period of the massacre: "In an abandoned office, they found a computer with a screensaver of the Broncos (Denver's football team). "Oh, football, we love football!" they said, and threw the screen onto the floor with a cheer and fired at it."

Eh not that weird. On either point.

A lot of people in Colorado aren't from here, it's super common to see every other team in the country but Colorado teams. As far as Dylan and the Sox, the Rockies weren't around until the early 90s. There was no Colorado baseball team when Dylan was a kid. I have a lot of older friends who like other teams because Colorado didn't have their own hockey or baseball teams in the 80s or early 90s.

I think what it comes down to is the difference between "athletes/liking sports" and being a "jock". At Columbine being a jock is completely different than the former. My sister said it was even worse when she was there pre-1999.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 8:45 am

Prior to Colorado, Eric might have been seen as sort of a jock himself. When he first started school in CO, he wore polos and khaki pants. It wasn't until he was not accepted by the rest of the students that he changed to wearing the black shirts etc.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 10:33 am

Lizpuff wrote:
Prior to Colorado, Eric might have been seen as sort of a jock himself.  When he first started school in CO, he wore polos and khaki pants.  It wasn't until he was not accepted by the rest of the students that he changed to wearing the black shirts etc.

I feel like the changes started the summer before their junior year. And that’s always the point that a lot of people talk about their changes. So I keep thinking something happened in the summer before junior year that no one knows about or talks about. Does anyone ever get that feeling

I do feel like Dylan started to adapt to this new style and Eric followed suit as much as he could. He always had to keep in line with his aesthetic from his parents. He always had to so look a bit more polished I think. I don’t think his parents would’ve liked him growing his hair out long and getting an earring

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 11:30 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Prior to Colorado, Eric might have been seen as sort of a jock himself.  When he first started school in CO, he wore polos and khaki pants.  It wasn't until he was not accepted by the rest of the students that he changed to wearing the black shirts etc.

I feel like the changes  started the summer before their junior year. And that’s always the point that a lot of people talk about their changes. So I keep thinking something happened in the summer before junior year that no one knows about or talks about. Does anyone ever get that feeling

I do feel like Dylan started to adapt to this new style and Eric followed suit as much as he could. He always had to keep in line with his aesthetic from his parents. He always had to so look a bit more polished I think. I don’t think his parents would’ve liked him growing his hair out long and getting an earring

Yes something happened. I don't know if it was something big or just Eric not being accepted/being bullied when trying to fit in with the other "sporty" type people but something happened.

AmeliaDK.

AmeliaDK.

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 3:45 pm

cakeman wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Me too.  I don't know how good they were if at all but it was definitely an interest. With Eric you might argue he changed during high school, but everybody knows Dylan had the Boston Red Sox logo on his hat, and he never stopped playing fantasy baseball. Yet Dylan is the one who writes about hating jocks, and given that and that he was the more vocal one during the massacre, chances are when they talked about killing jocks, it was him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
thanks for the info Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AmeliaDK.

AmeliaDK.

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

I feel like the changes  started the summer before their junior year. And that’s always the point that a lot of people talk about their changes. So I keep thinking something happened in the summer before junior year that no one knows about or talks about. Does anyone ever get that feeling

Yes something happened.  I don't know if it was something big or just Eric not being accepted/being bullied when trying to fit in with the other "sporty" type people but something happened.

Did this change happen after the "January incident"? (the theft of the van)
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 3:59 pm

AmeliaDK. wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

junor
Yes something happened.  I don't know if it was something big or just Eric not being accepted/being bullied when trying to fit in with the other "sporty" type people but something happened.

Their aesthetic changed before that day. I recall in the 11k many people said Eric was super preppy when he was in 9th and 10th grade then in 11th he started spiking his hair and wearing black. Dylan started growing his hair out in Junior year and Dylan did start getting into some trouble in the fall of his junior year. January incident was the second semester their junior year. A year and a half before the massacre.

AmeliaDK.

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 4:12 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
AmeliaDK. wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

junor

Their aesthetic changed before that day. I recall in the 11k many people said Eric was super preppy when he was in 9th and 10th grade then in 11th he started spiking his hair and wearing black. Dylan started growing his hair out in Junior year and Dylan did start getting into some trouble in the fall of his junior year. January incident was the second semester their junior year. A year and a half before the massacre.

Understood,
There really could have been something that triggered this change Sad
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 12:35 am

Not something particularly insightful on the massacre, but probably the only topic where this is relevant: JC-001-026674 has a poem Eric wrote about football. Shows he was familiar with the game, at least.

Also, Peggy Dodd said Eric began wearing black when he was restricted from the computer lab after he hacked into the school system to get the locker combinations in October 1997. See JC-001-000328.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 8:30 am

Thank you for that!

I have also read speculations that if Eric was a football player or jock in general his asshole ways could have rivaled Rocky's.

AmeliaDK.

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 10:37 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Thank you for that!

I have also read speculations that if Eric was a football player or jock in general his asshole ways could have rivaled Rocky's.

I believe that Eric, as an jock, having respect and popularity, would certainly turn his violent tendencies turn into bullying  form against those he considered below.
Back to top Go down
AmeliaDK.

AmeliaDK.

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 10:39 am

cakeman wrote:
Not something particularly insightful on the massacre, but probably the only topic where this is relevant: JC-001-026674 has a poem Eric wrote about football. Shows he was familiar with the game, at least.

Also, Peggy Dodd said Eric began wearing black when he was restricted from the computer lab after he hacked into the school system to get the locker combinations in October 1997.  See JC-001-000328.

Thank you for this information.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 10:51 am

AmeliaDK. wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Thank you for that!

I believe that Eric, as an jock, having respect and popularity, would certainly turn his violent tendencies turn into bullying  form against those he considered below.

I agree. I also don’t think Eric and Dylan would’ve been friends I think Eric would’ve made fun of Dylan

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 11:04 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Thank you for that!

I've always felt that part of the massacre was not because Eric Dylan didn't want to be treated as equals in school, but more that they wanted to be the bullies and jocks that would fuck with other people.

AmeliaDK.

AmeliaDK.

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 10:13 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Thank you for that!

I've always felt that part of the massacre was not because Eric Dylan didn't want to be treated as equals in school, but more that they wanted to be the bullies and jocks that would fuck with other people.

I agree

Princeton's sociologist, Katherine Newman, authored "Rampage The Social Roots of School Shootings," said youngsters like Harris and Klebold were not loners, they just were not accepted by "important boys." "Getting attention when becoming noticeable is better than being a failure."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric football player   Eric football player Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric football player
Page 1 of 1