Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weird coincidences.

Go down 
+4
Scypek
areyoulistening
BurnIt
Jenn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 123252
Forum Reputation : 1024

Weird coincidences.  Empty
PostSubject: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:50 am

I always thought that it was a strange coincidence that students were hiding from the shooters in Dylan Klebold's parking spot.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:57 am

Evan Todd was a bully and it's a coincidence that they let him live.
Back to top Go down
BurnIt

Contribution Points : 106042
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Dylan's 9/11 birthday combined with Eric's precocious desire to fly planes into the WTC is spooky.
And I always sort of find that KMFDM released Adios on 4/20 is a twist of irony.

Contribution Points : 106172

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 4:01 pm

BurnIt wrote:
Dylan's 9/11 birthday combined with Eric's precocious desire to fly planes into the WTC is spooky.
And I always sort of find that KMFDM released Adios on 4/20 is a twist of irony.

I never knew that about the KMFDM record! Could that be why they picked that particular date?

Contribution Points : 105829

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:06 pm

areyoulistening wrote:
BurnIt wrote:

I never knew that about the KMFDM record! Could that be why they picked that particular date?

I remember that they mentioned it in one of the basement tapes, and it wasn't intentional.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Daniel Mauser told his dad about the loophole in the Brady Bill a few weeks before Columbine happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:36 am

[quote="Scypek"]
areyoulistening wrote:
BurnIt wrote:

On December 20th Eric had wrote in his journal heh, get this. KMFDM's new album is entitled "Adios" and it's release date is in April. how fuckin appropriate, a subliminal final "Adios" tribute to Reb and Vodka. thanks KMFDM... I ripped the hell outa the system. Weird how exactly four months later after he wrote that the release and attack happened. During one point in the basement tapes Eric couldnt decide if they should do it before or after prom. I heard they chose April 19th but the week before the attack they changed it to April 20th. Maybe they chose April 19th initally because it was the anniversay of the Oklahoma City Bombing and they were hoping to oudo Timonthy McVeigh.

Back to top Go down
BurnIt

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:25 am

I don't think I've ever heard a definitive answer as to why they changed the date. I always though it was because they didn't have everything ready in time.
Eric wondering whether to do it before or after prom could be that he had everything ready and just wasn't sure when to do it, or whether he thought he would have it all ready in time to do it before prom if he so chose.

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:03 am

BurnIt wrote:
I don't think I've ever heard a definitive answer as to why they changed the date. I always though it was because they didn't have everything ready in time.
Eric wondering whether to do it before or after prom could be that he had everything ready and just wasn't sure when to do it, or whether he thought he would have it all ready in time to do it before prom if he so chose.

That's what I thought too. It annoys me when people say they chose April 20th because of Hitler's birthday.
Back to top Go down
BurnIt

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:18 am

Me too. If it was chosen for that reason, that would suggest Eric chose that date and Dylan just followed along. I hate the "Dylan the follower" mindset.

It's crossed my mind though that Dylan might have liked the idea too, of planning for Hitler's birthday.. He was so self loathing maybe he hated the Jewish faith he was born into as well.

Ultimately though, I think it was just a coincidence.

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:23 am

BurnIt wrote:
Me too. If it was chosen for that reason, that would suggest Eric chose that date and Dylan just followed along. I hate the "Dylan the follower" mindset.

It's crossed my mind though that Dylan might have liked the idea too, of planning for Hitler's birthday.. He was so self loathing maybe he hated the Jewish faith he was born into as well.

Ultimately though, I think it was just a coincidence.

Agreed. I know alot of people have said that Dylan was always a follower in many things but I dont think the attack was one of them. And does anybody else find it weird that Judy Brown mentioned that in the basement tapes Eric had no idea Dylan was jewish? I just think that's strange considering they were really good friends for so long.
Back to top Go down
BurnIt

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:09 am

I suppose it could be that Dylan didn't care enough about his religion to mention it; I've never seen or heard anything about him actively practicing Judaism. Or that he hid it, knowing Eric's fondness for naziism (don't get me started on whether Eric really believed in Naziism).

They really seemed to be bestest buddies though so I truly doubt Eric didn't know Dylan was Jewish. All the above was just playing Devil's advocate.

Judy Brown also mentioned that there was a moment when she thought Eric looked as though he hated Dylan or would hurt Dylan.

I personally think Judy Brown knew Dylan, knew his family, was fond of them, and had a terribly hard time reconciling that with Dylan as one of the shooters. On the other hand, Eric had threatened Brooks already and she disliked him and had no history with him or his family behind that. I think Judy Brown started the "Eric was the leader" ball rolling and Cullen picked it up.

I think a lot of "Eric was irredeemable" stems from Eric's family moving around so much. No one could call him a longtime friend nor did he have anyone who knew him well enough to call his actions unimaginable. I think that put him at a huge disadvantage while he was alive and has continued to do so long after he died. It's always going to be easier to blame the unknown evil than the evil that comes from within.
(Disclaimer: I don't believe in evil. I just couldn't think of a better word.)

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 3:30 pm

According to Brooks Brown Eric, Dylan, Brooks, Nick and possibly others favorite place to hang out during freshman year was the school library. Four years later that's where most of the killing and damage was done. And where Eric and Dylan would be found. I always thought that was ironic.
Back to top Go down
BurnIt

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:43 pm

It started to snow as they officials brought Eric and Dylan's bodies out in body bags.
I don't remember if it was Eric or Dylan...I want to say Dylan here...who said that snow was gay.

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:21 pm

I remember watching an interview with Rachel's dad and he said that Rachel in 98 had drew the state flower Columbine possibly coming out of the school. Then on the morning of April 20th 1999 on that same paper she drew 13 tears coming out of an eye. And that's how many murdered victims there were a few hours later. She also talked about how the 98-99 Year would be her last.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:30 pm

BurnIt wrote:
It started to snow as they officials brought Eric and Dylan's bodies out in body bags.
I don't remember if it was Eric or Dylan...I want to say Dylan here...who said that snow was gay.
I thought Eric had mentioned that because on his you know what I hate he had a description of how people would forecast the weather and how much snow people said there was going to be. Also in the basement tape transcript he was hoping the snow would be gone because he needed warm weather for his fires during the attack.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 123252
Forum Reputation : 1024

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:30 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
I remember watching an interview with Rachel's dad and he said that Rachel in 98 had drew the state flower Columbine possibly coming out of the school. Then on the morning of April 20th 1999 on that same paper she drew 13 tears coming out of an eye. And that's how many murdered victims there were a few hours later. She also talked about how the 98-99 Year would be her last.

And she wasn't a senior, right? So she should have had one more year to go?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Right. She was a junior at the time.
Back to top Go down
BurnIt

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:42 pm

The snow is gay comment was on the Basement Tapes. After Dylan tries to toss the Tec 9 into his hand from where it was hanging on the sling and realized he would have to take his coat off. He complained about taking it off, which led to a bitchfest about how snow is gay and how they want "this shit to clear up by Tuesday -actually Sunday" because Eric says he needs dry weather for his fires.
All the transcripts I can find just indicate that the boys start bitching about snow and that snow is gay. Haven't read a transcript that attributes the quote to either one.

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Eric wrote a school paper in December of 97 on how to prevent school shootings but then he became one of the most famous school shooters.
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

Contribution Points : 106370

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 am

Today on Eric's birtday some guy in Serbia kills 13 People....weird...

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:42 pm

On April 20th 1999 more bombs were dropped on Kosovo than on any other time during that war.
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 71991
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 5:46 pm

Eric wrote:
Maybe we will be lucky and a comet will smash us back to day 1.
Strange, but I too once thought about it. Someone had the same idea?
Interestingly, somewhere in the year 1997 to Earth neared the Comet Hale-Bopp and its even possible to observe in the sky (Ah, memories of childhood). The appearance of a comet was regarded by some as a bad omen. It was believed that on Earth there will be disasters.
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 71991
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 9:05 am

The teacher did not hang up the phone and everything that happened in the library fell into the record 911. Also, a message on the screen, stating that today is not the best day to be in school. And on this day, not all students came to class. Weather was good.

Contribution Points : 71465
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Love wrote:
Also, a message on the screen, stating that today is not the best day to be in school. And on this day, not all students came to class.

That's not exactly unusual, though. Show me a school with perfect attendance, and I'll show you a gold unicorn. Smile

The message stated "4/20, 4/20, 4/20. Bet you wish you weren't here today." It could really be a tragic coincidence. 4/20 is informally-- and I stress informally -- known in the United States as National Smoke Weed Day, especially amongst high schoolers. It strikes me as no coincidence that the library kids were the conscientious, studious types, like Daniel Mauser and Lauren Townsend, and a lot of the stoners were off campus.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 76822
Forum Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 3:05 am

Love wrote:
It was believed that on Earth there will be disasters.

Disasters have always been happening on Earth, on a daily basis, since the dawn of times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird coincidences.    Weird coincidences.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weird coincidences.
Page 1 of 1