Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2 shooters never again?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 74041
Forum Reputation : 95

2 shooters never again? Empty
PostSubject: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 4:03 pm

I am sure sometime in the future there will be two shooters who will go on a spree like Eric and Dylan but it has almost been 20 years since Columbine happened and not once have we seen two mass shooters that was not terrorist related like the San Bernandino shooting or others. 

I have read probably a half dozen times of teenagers getting caught before their school shootings which seems odd that not one has happened since Columbine and the police managed to stop every school shooting involving 2 people. Am I the only one who thinks this is pretty peculiar that in almost 20 years this hasn´t happened once since? I am also sure that is the number 1 factor in why people are fascinated by Columbine because they were the first and only people partnering up to do a school shooting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 4:32 pm

There was Amanda and Jared Miller, but they only killed 3.

Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 6:44 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
There was Amanda and Jared Miller, but they only killed 3.

Oh yeah I remember them but they really weren´t mass shooters wasn´t it a robbery gone wrong or something like that and they killed 3 hostages? I meant more like a deliberately planned mass shooting/school shooting where the two perpetrators has planned on killing numerous people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 6:46 pm

I don't think there will ever be a sucessful 2 person Shooting again, but imagine people like Martin Bryant and Nikolas Cruz tormenting people online?

Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
I don't think there will ever be a sucessful 2 person Shooting again, but imagine people like Martin Bryant and Nikolas Cruz tormenting people online?

Ever might be a bit optimistic don´t you think? I am sure they will happen again maybe not in 10 years, 20 years or maybe it will take 100 years or even longer but ever is a bit of a stretch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Plots that involve multiple people are way more likely to get caught than ones with lone wolves. This is because the 2+ people will communicate far more (results in strong suspicion), and one of them might not be truly committed. Of course, there have been groups of Islamists, yet that has to do with them being truly committed to their cause and actually buying into their ideology (still, the vast majority of their plots involving 2+ people get discovered by the police beforehand).

Amanda and Jerad Miller were both kind of like terrorists. They laid a Gadsden flag on the corpse of an officer, hated the government, and listened to that sweet InfoWars baloney. To be fair, Jerad Miller had an interest in Eric and Dylan as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 1:04 am

I can't predict whether it'll be in the near future or not, but future mass shooters might be hesitant to do it. A columbine plot perpetrated by two high school students was blown wide open a few years ago, I remember, and they were apprehended. Because gun violence is now more infamous than ever and with laws being suggested forward about implementing new gun laws, it won't be as easy to get away with it as it was before 4/20/99.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 1:13 am

I know this isnt a shooting, but two Russian teenagers stabbed a teacher and a bunch of kids at a school earlier this year. No one was killed
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 32903
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2022 4:53 pm

STEM happened since this post was made.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2022 5:07 pm

I suppose the chances of getting caught when you're planning to do it with multiple people is higher. It's also hard to find someone that would do something like that with you in the first place, you don't just walk up to someone and ask 'Hey, wanna shoot up the school?' In that way Eric and Dylan's relationship was very rare.
Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 19096
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 1:28 am

Two Brazilians shot up a school a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Eulavist

Contribution Points : 19258
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 4:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] In the Suzano school shooting with the perpetrators Monteiro and Castro, only one firearm was used. Th perpetrator without the firearm, Castro, was assaulting people laid out on the floor with the hatchet after they had been shot by Monteiro, Castro even got into a fist fight with a student as well. When they decided to end their lives, Monteiro had to shoot Castro, then himself. This is probably a useless comment, but technically it was only one shooter in this event so I am not sure it could be included under the "2 shooters" criteria.

Rosie1756 and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 19096
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 5:20 pm

Eulavist wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] In the Suzano school shooting with the perpetrators Monteiro and Castro, only one firearm was used. Th perpetrator without the firearm, Castro, was assaulting people laid out on the floor with the hatchet after they had been shot by Monteiro, Castro even got into a fist fight with a student as well. When they decided to end their lives, Monteiro had to shoot Castro, then himself. This is probably a useless comment, but technically it was only one shooter in this event so I am not sure it could be included under the "2 shooters" criteria.

I saw a video on YouTube about it at it looked to be a very dramatic incident.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 shooters never again?   2 shooters never again? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 shooters never again?
Page 1 of 1