Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sues "dark premonition"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bradt93

Contribution Points : 89206
Forum Reputation : 255

Sues "dark premonition" Empty
PostSubject: Sues "dark premonition"   Sues "dark premonition" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 2:34 pm

When Sue was interviewed by Diane Sawyer, she told her she felt a dark cloud over her when Dylan was born or something to that effect? Could it of been a sign that Dylan would turn out bad?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Sues "dark premonition"   Sues "dark premonition" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 3:26 pm

bradt93 wrote:
When Sue was interviewed by Diane Sawyer, she told her she felt a dark cloud over her when Dylan was born or something to that effect? Could it of been a sign that Dylan would turn out bad?

That depends. How much do you buy into New Age mysticism?

Pixie13

Contribution Points : 55976
Forum Reputation : 270

PostSubject: Re: Sues "dark premonition"   Sues "dark premonition" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 5:17 pm

I'm not sure that she truly felt that when he was born, it was something that she remembered afterwards, so could well be a false memory.
If it truly did happen, then perhaps she had postpartum depression, which may have had an effect on Dylan when he was very young.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Sues "dark premonition"   Sues "dark premonition" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 10:24 pm

In a couple of books that were written before Cullens and AMR, I think Columbine a True Crime Story and Far from the Trees go into Sue's past with anxiety and fear of death. So Pixie you're right, it could have been postpartum depression, she may have been more susceptible to it?

It could have been a worry about the baby's health and when he was diagnosed with pyloric stenosis she may have forgotten about it after then when she was writing the book she could have remembered. Or it could be a hindsight thing.

PostSubject: Re: Sues "dark premonition"   Sues "dark premonition" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 5:26 am

Pixie13 wrote:
I'm not sure that she truly felt that when he was born, it was something that she remembered afterwards, so could well be a false memory.
If it truly did happen, then perhaps she had postpartum depression, which may have had an effect on Dylan when he was very young.

I have to agree. It could be a false memory that she "remembers" to help cope with the events.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sues "dark premonition"   Sues "dark premonition" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sues "dark premonition"
Page 1 of 1