Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide

Go down 
+5
properground
Lizpuff
Jollyhelpful
Screamingophelia
neversober79
9 posters
AuthorMessage
neversober79

neversober79

Contribution Points : 47000
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide Empty
PostSubject: Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide   Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Guys I'm curious what you think Eric and Dylan said to each other just before they ended their lives, (if you think they said anything). We know through the autopsies that Eric killed himself before Dylan. Though I think we could agree that the time between their deaths would be a matter of seconds. Apparently Patti Nielson or Patrick Ireland, (not sure), heard them say 1,2,3 and then pulled the trigger though this wouldn't make sense as we know that Dylan killed himself after Eric because of the positioning of their bodies and blood, brain matter etc. Plus interestingly enough, Dylan also placed his earing on the table next to him just before his suicide. Do you think it was a brief ''ok Dylan that's it I'm out'' kind of situation? Do you think either of them were hesitating on pulling the trigger? second thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide   Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi! That was Patti, but she was misquoted. I think she had said something like "I imagine the suicide was quick, like they said 1,2,3 and then did it."

For me, if they had anything deep to say to each other it was probably that morning or the night before at dinner. I think that day they were all about the "mission"

I think Lisa was too far from them to really see anything and she was in and out of consciousness but Patrick heard Dylan coughing.

I don't think Eric hesitated. I am someone who believes Dylan lit the molotov cocktail first and I don't know why but I am still semi unsure about the removing of jewelry thing.. he kept his ring on which is interesting. I think Dylan was waiting to die for a long time and he kind of relished it, for lack of a better phrase, but I have no idea.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
neversober79

neversober79

Contribution Points : 47000
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide   Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 8:04 pm

I am someone who believes Dylan lit the molotov cocktail first and I don't know why but I am still semi unsure about the removing of jewelry thing.. he kept his ring on which is interesting.

I'm not sure either about the jewelry thing though I remember it being mentioned in one of CVA's videos commenting on the suicides. (video has been removed unfortunately).

Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 65369
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide   Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 8:34 pm

I don't think they said anything in the library. I think Eric just walked from the windows to that corner and blew his brains out. Between the bombs failing and his broken nose, Eric was ready to check out and leave Dylan to his own devices. Any final goodbyes were probably said either at Outback the day before or shortly after their final video, perhaps something was said at Clement Park or on the hilltop, But they were both long past final goodbyes by the time they returned to the library.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide   Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 9:08 am

Dylan did not remove any of his jewelry. law enforcement did it. They started to remove it, then the bomb squad wanted to check Dylan's body for any more explosives and it was stopped and never restarted.

I do not think anything was said between them. I also think that Eric's death was somewhat a surprise to Dylan. Surprise might be the wrong word.... but I think Dylan was off doing his own thing back to Eric when Eric just walked over and shot himself. I think Dylan then knew that he was alone and quickly shot himself after.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
properground

Contribution Points : 57399
Forum Reputation : 108

PostSubject: Re: Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide   Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 12:58 pm

I posted a thread a few weeks ago looking into the possibility of them killing themselves at the same time. I really can't be sure, but I always found it kind of strange that Eric killed himself first. I'd imagine one probably said "alright dude, I'm done" to the other.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 70444
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide   Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 9:34 pm

Jollyhelpful wrote:
I don't think they said anything in the library. I think Eric just walked from the windows to that corner and blew his brains out.

That's how I see it too. Just sat down and pulled the trigger before he lost his nerve. I don't see him as being one for goodbyes. It was time.

As for his last moments... he was probably tired from carrying the guns around, in pain due to his broken nose and depressed that the school wasn't destroyed. I wonder if he regretted it and thought he had thrown his life away to kill innocents who didn't even pick on him. Or maybe he was satisfied with the carnage and pain he caused and felt like his revenge against the school where he was tormented was complete. Escaping punishment by suicide was the final fuck you to the world.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
whyno

whyno

Contribution Points : 67003
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide   Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 11:01 pm

sympathyforEandD wrote:

As for his last moments... he was probably tired from carrying the guns around, in pain due to his broken nose and depressed that the school wasn't destroyed. I wonder if he regretted it and thought he had thrown his life away to kill innocents who didn't even pick on him. Or maybe he was satisfied with the carnage and pain he caused and felt like his revenge against the school where he was tormented was complete. Escaping punishment by suicide was the final fuck you to the world.

I like to hope/think that he was disappointed. You could argue that nothing went to plan that day after at least a year of serious planning. Sure people were dead, but it was such a small handful compared to what he had hoped.

I also like to think he regretted it, but it probably wouldn't have been for the reasons we'd hope. I'm sure he wouldn't have seen it as "I wish I haven't had killed these innocent people." But if he did regret it, it probably would have been more of a "damn, I just wasted my life over this?"

I really hope that he at least realized he threw his life away.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide   Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 1:34 pm

whyno wrote:
I also like to think he regretted it, but it probably wouldn't have been for the reasons we'd hope. I'm sure he wouldn't have seen it as "I wish I haven't had killed these innocent people." But if he did regret it, it probably would have been more of a "damn, I just wasted my life over this?"

I think his biggest regret stemmed from the fact that the bombs failed to go off, that the school wasn't destroyed, that he and Dylan would never go down in history as the worst mass murderers in history. I think if he knew that the bombs were going to be duds, that he would wind up killing only 13 people, that he wouldn't think it would be worth it and try his hand at life.

anna444 and Lexi Was An Outcast like this post

Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79172
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide   Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 3:09 am

It's worth noting that Eric was quite the gamer with much of the massacre influenced by Doom - hell he shot himself with "Arlene" the one "straight out of Doom", and that Zach said Eric played the video game Postal. In Postal the main character shoots himself in the mouth after saying "I regret nothing."
Back to top Go down
whyno

whyno

Contribution Points : 67003
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide   Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 9:06 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
whyno wrote:

I think his biggest regret stemmed from the fact that the bombs failed to go off, that the school wasn't destroyed, that he and Dylan would never go down in history as the worst mass murderers in history. I think if he knew that the bombs were going to be duds, that he would wind up killing only 13 people, that he wouldn't think it would be worth it and try his hand at life.

I completely agree

SalineDream and Lexi Was An Outcast like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide   Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric/Dylan last moments before suicide
Page 1 of 1