Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
goodusername4u

Contribution Points : 59646
Forum Reputation : 0

Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Empty
PostSubject: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 8:29 pm

are they both just what most future School Shooters will be like?

For example:

1. Nothing said by the killers talking about mass shootings seems to have been wrote down on paper (like what the Columbine shooters did), instead they only spoke through things like forums, the comment sections of videos, or text files.

2. Both researched online the places they later attacked.

3. Both listened to songs talking about mass/school shootings.

4. Both fantasized a fuckton about committing violence in their postings.

5. Both watched very obscure videos that had to do with mass shootings (though Lanza seems to have dug way deeper).

6. Both researched a lot of very specific mass shootings (like both of them looking into Polytechnique and Virginia Tech).

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 pm

I think a lot of these similarities can be chalked up to the fact that they took place during the internet age unlike Columbine. Imo I don't think Cruz is that similar to Lanza as Lanza strikes me as being much more mentally disturbed and much more introverted. In terms of famous shooters Cruz somewhat reminds me of a dumber and more impulsive version of Eric Harris

Last edited by Mh_12rm_66 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92217
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 9:04 pm

Both of them did have autism as well.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 67332
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 10:22 pm

I think not only there's alot to discuss about comparing Adam to Nikolas but especially Nancy Lanza and Lynda Cruz. For example; Nancy bought Adam the guns in order to get closer to him personally and probably trusted him to be careful with them while Lynda knew that Nikolas was a turbulent threat who was outwardly abusive towards her but continued to allow him to purchase weapons and keep them even though he had threatened her and Zach with them several times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 10:27 pm

If only Adam Lanza trimmed his bowlcut and stuffed his face, he would look like el goblino himself.

Adam Lanza reminds me most of Thomas Hamilton, with Patrick Purdy coming in second. In one photo, Travis Reinking looks a bit like Lanza, but I would prefer to not use Travis Reinking in any comparison because he was so severely mentally ill that he reminds me of PCP and flakka users. Killing people butt naked like that Liberian commander.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 7:58 am

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 8:14 am

G4145 wrote:
UncontinuedProcess wrote:
I think not only there's alot to discuss about comparing Adam to Nikolas but especially Nancy Lanza and Lynda Cruz. For example; Nancy bought Adam the guns in order to get closer to him personally and probably trusted him to be careful with them while Lynda knew that Nikolas was a turbulent threat who was outwardly abusive towards her but continued to allow him to purchase weapons and keep them even though he had threatened her and Zach with them several times.
Nancy purchased Adam the guns...?

I'm pretty sure they were hers.

No, they were under HER name but they were bought specifically for Adam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 8:18 am

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 9:53 am

G4145 wrote:
G4145 wrote:
Nancy purchased Adam the guns...?

I'm pretty sure they were hers.

No, they were under HER name but they were bought specifically for Adam.
I hate to ask, as I hate it when people ask me for a source, but d'you have a source for that?

Not that I don't believe you, I've just always thought they were hers.

Sandy Hook Facts blog did a brilliant series of posts that point out that the bushmaster, the saiga and some of handguns were either purchased around Adam's 18th or the christmas in the few years before the shooting.
I don't know if this is the exact video he says it but it's a recommended watch either way:

I'm also pretty sure that there's some documents from the Connecticut State report that shows the dates of the purchases of said firearms that do line up with either Adam's birthdays or christmas.

Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 86103
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 11:22 am

NSAhoneypot wrote:
If only Adam Lanza trimmed his bowlcut and stuffed his face, he would look like el goblino himself.

Adam Lanza reminds me most of Thomas Hamilton, with Patrick Purdy coming in second. In one photo, Travis Reinking looks a bit like Lanza, but I would prefer to not use Travis Reinking in any comparison because he was so severely mentally ill that he reminds me of PCP and flakka users. Killing people butt naked like that Liberian commander.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
true african warrior
Back to top Go down
survivingman

Contribution Points : 49150
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 8:00 pm

They have some similarities.

They both embody the "pseudo-commando" archetype. Although Adam Lanza was far more obsessed with mass shootings in general, and after dropping out of education, seemed to entirely fixate on one single goal: studying mass shootings. I think Adam Lanza became more and more nihilistic and suicidal as his self imposed isolation grew worse. I also think the head wound he sustained like 2 days before the shooting was a big reason that it happened.

Nikolas Cruz on the other hand seemed more like a rabid dog. Adam didn't reveal his interest in killing other people to anyone that we know of, or really give many clues before he went on the shooting. Nikolas Cruz was more extroverted in his want for violence.
Back to top Go down
goodusername4u

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 12:55 am

Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
I think a lot of these similarities can be chalked up to the fact that they took place during the internet age unlike Columbine.

That's what I'm saying: that yes there will be slight differences between each shooter, but overall, due to the internet, they will openly display very similar behavior to eachother.
Back to top Go down
goodusername4u

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 1:16 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Both of them did have autism as well.

And OCD.

kizami likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 2:07 am

Adam Lanza loved animals to some extent and was a vegan. Didn't Nikolas Cruz kill a frog and post its body online?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 7:51 pm

NSAhoneypot wrote:
Adam Lanza loved animals to some extent and was a vegan. Didn't Nikolas Cruz kill a frog and post its body online?

He posted multiple photos of dead animals online although a lot of them were animals he killed on hunting trips. Some instances of straight up animal abuse that I can recall off the top of my head are:
-Brought a dead bird to school in his lunchbox and showed it to some people
-Was seen holding a dead bird in his lap on another occasion (apparently he revealed it to some girl to scare her)
-Mentioned in his phone notes that he killed an iguana and "fucking ripped its guts out"
-Killed several frogs because apparently his dog died from a frog somehow, at least one of these he gutted and posted the photo on Instagram
-Shot his neighbors chickens with a bb gun
-Him and Zach apparently held down a cat to get their dog to attack it (while encouraging the dog to attack it)
-Tried to get his dog to attack his neighbors pets (I think they were chickens)
-Had some photos on his phone of dead birds that he killed with a bb gun

There's probably more but that's the ones that I remember
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....    Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....      Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Cruz very similar to Adam Lanza, OR....
Page 1 of 1