Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...

Go down 
+4
InsaneIntruder
Scypek
Wideawake
fatlittleparasite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fatlittleparasite

Contribution Points : 96952
Forum Reputation : 4

'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Empty
PostSubject: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 6:24 pm

I just read an article saying that now there's a video game allowing you to reenact the Sandy Hook shooting. How do we all feel about this considering that we're coming from a forum based around the Super Columbine Massacre RPG? I did play the SCMRPG a couple of times (never did get past the cafeteria), but perhaps I am falling prey to emotions (cultural norms, some might say) since the Sandy Hook game seems much more morbid. Maybe it's just easy to forget that the victims of Columbine were kids too, but still the idea of shooting/pretending to shoot a 5 year old vs. a 15 year old is more disturbing to me (not that I would enjoy doing either).

Regarding the specific article, it was a bit sensationalized when it got to the issue of video games and aggression. It complained that the end of the game advocated for gun control and not violent video game control. I'm really surprised it didn't mention the SCMRPG, though it did mention the Virginia Tech game, which I didn't know existed. Anyway, I'm mostly wondering how everyone feels about the game in general.

I get what the creator of the game was trying to do; he wanted to get peoples' attentions with shock value in order to send a message. Was that his only motive, though, or does it take more to make a game like that?
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101051
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:56 am

Quite surprised that SCMRPG wasn't mentioned! I didn't know about the Virginia Tech game either.

I have never played SCMRPG. The idea scares me a little and I have no idea why. If I can't bring myself to do that, I sure as hell could not play a game about Sandy Hook.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 8:40 am

In the game you get to play a version where there is stricter gun control.. The player sees how "hard" it would be to kill as many people, etc. The maker is for gun control (I think).. He also has a voiced message at the end, plus a link to the NRA. The "Vtech Rampage" game is mentioned because the guy who made this game made that game as well. Since he made the Virgina Tech one first, and many people have asked him to make more games about various school shootings I doubt it was just for shock value. Vtech Rampage is on newgrounds for anyone who would like to know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:55 am

I've played it, its really nothing special or shocking just a 2d game with poor graphics and gameplay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 6:39 am

The story line for the game was spot on, although it was poorly made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 2:57 pm

SatanicKenno wrote:
The story line for the game was spot on, although it was poorly made.
Yeah.. probably made by some guy in his mom's basement  Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 6:19 pm

The Columbine game was very well made. At the time that I played it (wow going on 8 years ago now) I had just gotten I to Columbine and I learned a lot of stuff though that game than I did a lot of documentaries.

The V-tech game was trash though and I learned nothing other than the immature nature of the Dev. :Pwwhat's the sandy Hook one like? Got any cool information in it?
Back to top Go down
Scypek

Contribution Points : 100729

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 8:25 pm

The author said he made the vtech rampage for trolling and shock value. The 'Slaying of Sandy Hook' feels a bit more serious, but hard to say to what extent. He said he managed to "piss everyone off: liberals for the lack of compassion, conservatists for the anti-gun message, and trolls for not making it more controversial". Maybe that was his exact intent.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: I may have a problem...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 10:03 pm

I've played SCMRPG, TSOSHE, V-Tech Rampage, Jokela High Massacre, Northern Illinois U Massacre, Dawson College Massacre, Hatred and The Clown Prince rises. Basically, I've played a lot of games about mass shootings.
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 4:08 pm

if anybody wants to remake SCMRPG and make a more accurate version, you should download what Danny LeDonne used to make it RPG Maker 2000, it's pretty easy to use.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 9:05 am

I'll never understand why people play those games, just my opinion, like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said, the idea scares me.
Back to top Go down
21stcenturyreality

Contribution Points : 66948

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 12:46 am

Shock value really is the reason for this game being created, rather than "taking something more" as the OP describes.

There have been plenty of games like this before, so IMHO, many people should be desensitized to this type of stuff already.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 12:53 am

I have also played SCMRPG, TSOSHE, V-Tech Rampage, Jokela High Massacre, Northern Illinois U Massacre, Dawson College Massacre, and The Clown Prince rises.

Played them once or twice and that was it. They were all pretty boring games with very low resolution graphics.

I don't know why someone would create these games but they definitely did not incite any violence in me.

The game "Hatred" wasn't too bad though. Actually played that game , on the hardest difficulty, a few times through.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74114
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 12:55 am

It's actually pretty fun, played it a lot. A video game means nothing to me. If I killed myself, I'd want people to make a tasteless video game about me.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 5:52 am

I know this is old but i feel like these people havent played the game before.
It's quite an emotional game and I don't think it was simply made for shock value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...   'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'The Slaying of Sandy Hook Elementary School' Game...
Page 1 of 1