Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts

Go down 
+4
a broken human
QuestionMark
School Massacre Archives
STK
8 posters
AuthorMessage
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72969
Forum Reputation : 330

52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Empty
PostSubject: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 2:06 am

Six serial blasts rocked Sri Lanka early on Sunday morning. The explosions hit 3 churches and two luxury hotels in Colombo and other parts of the country, killing at least 52 people.

At least 52 people have died so far while over 300 others have been injured in the blasts early on Easter Sunday morning, local media reported.

Sri Lankan police has said the toll is above 50 and it is likely to go further up.

Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj tweeted that the Indian government and envoys are closely monitoring the situation in Sri Lanka.

Sri Lanka Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe will be holding an emergency meeting to discuss the situation.

The blasts occurred at 8.45 a.m. (local time) as the Easter Sunday masses were in progress, police spokesman Ruwan Gunasekera said.

Three churches - St Anthony's Church in Colombo, St Sebastian's Church in the western coastal town of Negombo and another church in the eastern town of Batticaloa - were targeted, police said.

Three explosions were reported from the five-star hotels, the Shangrila, the Cinnamon Grand and the Kingsbury.

St. Sebastian's church at Katuwapitiya in Negombo posted pictures of destruction inside the church on its Facebook page, showing blood on pews and the floor, and requested help from the public.

Reports suggest the Christian community in Sri Lanka has been targeted in particular on Easter.

This is biggest such attack on Sri Lanka in several years.

No group or individual has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66394
Forum Reputation : 248

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 2:12 am

And of course this had to happen one day after the 20th anniversary of the Columbine massacre.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 2:52 am

School Massacre Archives wrote:
And of course this had to happen one day after the 20th anniversary of the Columbine massacre.

Fuckin' April, man.

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 6:01 am

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91942
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 6:57 am

A terrorist attack in a non-white 3rd world country? Like anyone is actually going to care.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:10 am

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:19 am

I think it has nothing to do with skin colour or religion. It is simply that as they are not occidental we feel that it is culturally remote from us. Maybe I am the only one with a bad memory but I don't remember the 2017 Sinai mosque attack and yet 311 people were killed.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:25 am

G4145 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
A terrorist attack in a non-white 3rd world country? Like anyone is actually going to care.
The only reason people won't care is because Christians were targeted.

Four times as many people have been killed as opposed to Christchurch, but because it doesn't fit the EVUL ANTI-MOSLUM CHRISTCHUN agenda, it won't receive nearly as much outrage.
The reason no one cares is Because it happened in a non white 3rd world country, if this happened in Europe and the victims were white, the media would be all over it. Also this attack was most likely committed by Tamil separatists.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:30 am

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:36 am

G4145 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
G4145 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Four times as many people have been killed as opposed to Christchurch, but because it doesn't fit the EVUL ANTI-MOSLUM CHRISTCHUN agenda, it won't receive nearly as much outrage.
The reason no one cares is Because it happened in a non white 3rd world country, if this happened in Europe and the victims were white, the media would be all over it. Also this attack was most likely committed by Tamil separatists.
Oh, really? It was committed by Tamil separatists?

I would never have guessed that they were the perpetrators!
I said they were the most likely perpetrators, Sri Lanka has a violent history with them trying to achieve their own state.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:39 am

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
a broken human
Banned

Contribution Points : 50232
Forum Reputation : 106

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:42 am

date is ironic
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64083
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 12:12 pm

Tamil separatists are always the cause of anything that goes wrong in Sri Lanka

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 6:30 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
G4145 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

The media is all over this though, it's literally headline news right now lol. And I have a feeling this was likely an Islamic attack tbh given the target choice and date
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 6:41 pm

Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
G4145 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

The media is all over this though, it's literally headline news right now lol. And I have a feeling this was likely an Islamic attack tbh given the target choice and date
Really? Because it stopped trending on twitter hours ago and was barely mentioned on BBC News. There have been zero Islamic terror attacks in Sri Lanka while there have been dozens of suicide bombings committed by Tamil Nationalists, so I think who's going to be the most likely suspect here.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 7:02 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
G4145 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Really? Because it stopped trending on twitter hours ago and was barely mentioned on BBC News. There have been zero Islamic terror attacks in Sri Lanka while there have been dozens of suicide bombings committed by Tamil Nationalists, so I think who's going to be the most likely suspect here.

It was on the headlines for most of the major news outlets in the US and other countries and on their Youtube channels. And also pretty much all the terrorist attacks by Tamil nationalists in Sri Lanka were during the civil war. Apparently this was the first major attack since the war ended and also intelligence services had been repeatedly warned about the risk of Islamic extremism in the country in the past few weeks so I wouldn't be surprised if it was committed by NTJ (a radical group in Sri Lanka) or inspired by ISIS or another major Islamic terrorist group. Targeting churches and hotels frequented by westerners is much much more the profile of Islamic extremism than LTTE attacks if you look at the history of attacks committed LTTE. Also I wouldn't say that it's "barely mentioned on BBC" given this is their website literally right now.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 7:47 pm

Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
G4145 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

It was on the headlines for most of the major news outlets in the US and other countries and on their Youtube channels. And also pretty much all the terrorist attacks by Tamil nationalists in Sri Lanka were during the civil war. Apparently this was the first major attack since the war ended and also intelligence services had been repeatedly warned about the risk of Islamic extremism in the country in the past few weeks so I wouldn't be surprised if it was committed by NTJ (a radical group in Sri Lanka) or inspired by ISIS or another major Islamic terrorist group. Targeting churches and hotels frequented by westerners is much much more the profile of Islamic extremism than LTTE attacks if you look at the history of attacks committed LTTE.
Can you name one attack in Sri Lanka committed by Islamic extremists? Because I can name several done by the LTTE. And Sri Lanka has a very small Muslim population so the chance of them being radicalised and committing an attack. I'm not talking about the website, I meant the actual news broadcast on television because on that, the bombing got less than 5 minutes coverage while if it happened in Europe, it would take up the whole programme.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 7:53 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
G4145 wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

It was on the headlines for most of the major news outlets in the US and other countries and on their Youtube channels. And also pretty much all the terrorist attacks by Tamil nationalists in Sri Lanka were during the civil war. Apparently this was the first major attack since the war ended and also intelligence services had been repeatedly warned about the risk of Islamic extremism in the country in the past few weeks so I wouldn't be surprised if it was committed by NTJ (a radical group in Sri Lanka) or inspired by ISIS or another major Islamic terrorist group. Targeting churches and hotels frequented by westerners is much much more the profile of Islamic extremism than LTTE attacks if you look at the history of attacks committed LTTE.
Can you name one attack in Sri Lanka committed by Islamic extremists? Because I can name several done by the LTTE. And Sri Lanka has a very small Muslim population so the chance of them being radicalised and committing an attack. I'm not talking about the website, I meant the actual news broadcast on television because on that, the bombing got less than 5 minutes coverage while if it happened in Europe, it would take up the whole programme.

Just because one hasn't happened doesn't mean it's impossible for it to. As they say; there's a first time for everything. Sri Lankan security services were literally warned in the past few weeks that their could be a coordinated attack against churches and other related institutions in the coming weeks committed by Islamic groups. And Islam is the third largest religion in Sri Lanka. And I'm specifically talking about a lack of LTTE attacks specifically targeting Christians and westerners not LTTE attacks in general lol. The date of the attacks and locations selected are consistent w/Islamic terrorist attacks that have occurred in other places. And you did not specify in regards to what form of news you're talking about you only said "BBC news", and besides more people get their news via the social media/news websites anyways so it supposedly only being on TV for "a few minutes" doesn't suddenly mean that they're deliberately under-covering it or whatever you are suggesting with this whole "the media doesn't care because it's in a 3rd world country" or whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 7:58 pm

Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
or whatever you are suggesting with this whole "the media doesn't care because it's in a 3rd world country" or whatever.

I agree with him (edit: I meant with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but if we all agree on that point so much the better), let's admit it, we feel less concerned when it happens in a third world or non-occidental country. However I don't see what is wrong with it. It is normal to care more about what is close to you, either geographically or culturally. It's not that I am not sad for what happened or that I don't care that people died, but I feel less concerned about it. I would understand if they didn't care about attacks in France and I would never blame them for that.

Last edited by Neah on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:04 pm

Neah wrote:
Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
or whatever you are suggesting with this whole "the media doesn't care because it's in a 3rd world country" or whatever.

I agree with him, let's admit it, we feel less concerned when it happens in a third world or non-occidental country. However I don't see what is wrong with it. It is normal to care more about what is close to you, either geographically or culturally. It's not that I am not sad for what happened or that I don't care that people died, but I feel less concerned about it. I would understand if they didn't care about attacks in France.

Exactly, and in this case it's not even underrepresented literally all the major news outlets are running it as headline news given the scale of the tragedy. I always see people immediately jump on the whole "oh wow the media is so biased/racist because they aren't talking about this" when more often then not that is not even the case. And even if it was the case then you are absolutely right in regards to the fact that if it's a smaller event then of course it's going to be less prominent in the news for news outlets based far away from where the event happened. Like for example, the most recent mass shooting event in the U.S. (the Aurora Plant Shooting) was in the national news here in America but probably was not really in the news in other countries such as France, Japan, Germany, etc and probably not mentioned at all in smaller countries like Italy, Colombia, Vietnam, etc. but that doesn't suddenly mean that those countries outlets are deliberately not having 24/7 coverage of it because they hate the victims or whatever
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:11 pm

Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
Neah wrote:
Mh_12rm_66 wrote:

I agree with him, let's admit it, we feel less concerned when it happens in a third world or non-occidental country. However I don't see what is wrong with it. It is normal to care more about what is close to you, either geographically or culturally. It's not that I am not sad for what happened or that I don't care that people died, but I feel less concerned about it. I would understand if they didn't care about attacks in France.

Exactly, and in this case it's not even underrepresented literally all the major news outlets are running it as headline news given the scale of the tragedy. I always see people immediately jump on the whole "oh wow the media is so biased/racist because they aren't talking about this" when more often then not that is not even the case. And even if it was the case then you are absolutely right in regards to the fact that if it's a smaller event then of course it's going to be less prominent in the news for news outlets based far away from where the event happened. Like for example, the most recent mass shooting event in the U.S. (the Aurora Plant Shooting) was in the national news here in America but probably was not really in the news in other countries such as France, Japan, Germany, etc and probably not mentioned at all in smaller countries like Italy, Colombia, Vietnam, etc. but that doesn't suddenly mean that those countries outlets are deliberately not having 24/7 coverage of it because they hate the U.S. or whatever reason

Well I didn't watch the news in France because I am on a "news diet" but I really don't think they talked about it, or if they did it was probably very very short. But I think they should have because even if it is remote from us this was a really big attack. They didn't really reported the awful attack in Mali either, even if at least 134 people were killed, they only care about the yellow vests and Notre Dame and stopped talking about international events which I think is scandalous because many things happened. BTW, I created [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and no-one commented on it, which probably shows that I am not the only thinking that way (and for once I really cared and was shocked to see that it was not on the news).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:20 pm

Neah wrote:
Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
Neah wrote:
Mh_12rm_66 wrote:

Exactly, and in this case it's not even underrepresented literally all the major news outlets are running it as headline news given the scale of the tragedy. I always see people immediately jump on the whole "oh wow the media is so biased/racist because they aren't talking about this" when more often then not that is not even the case. And even if it was the case then you are absolutely right in regards to the fact that if it's a smaller event then of course it's going to be less prominent in the news for news outlets based far away from where the event happened. Like for example, the most recent mass shooting event in the U.S. (the Aurora Plant Shooting) was in the national news here in America but probably was not really in the news in other countries such as France, Japan, Germany, etc and probably not mentioned at all in smaller countries like Italy, Colombia, Vietnam, etc. but that doesn't suddenly mean that those countries outlets are deliberately not having 24/7 coverage of it because they hate the U.S. or whatever reason

Well I didn't watch the news in France because I am on a "news diet" but I really don't think they talked about it, or if they did it was probably very very short. But I think they should have because even if it is remote from us this was a really big attack. They didn't really reported the awful attack in Mali either, even if at least 134 people were killed, they only care about the yellow vests and Notre Dame and stopped talking about international events which I think is scandalous because many things happened. BTW, I created [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and no-one commented on it, which probably shows that I am not the only thinking that way (and for once I really cared and was shocked to see that it was not on the news).

Yes I was just using France as an example country but in this case this attack is being featured prominently on a fair amount of major news networks front pages. I do agree with you that the Mali attack received less coverage (although I remember seeing it featured on Associated Press and CNN) but I think part of the reason for that was due to the fact that Mali is in a state of "quasi-war" given the ongoing insurgency (same reason why terrorist attacks in Syria or Afghanistan are not headline news in most western countries) while this event in Sri Lanka was a far less common occurrence given that there have been hardly any attacks (especially one this large) ever since the civil war ended almost a decade ago. It is common sense that something less common will attract less news attention tbh; although the locality rule still applies in this case as I guarantee African news networks covered the Mali attack more than European or American networks. I think you're thread probably received less attention also due to the fact that it was a Islamic terrorist attack as I've seen many posters here mention they find those attacks "less interesting" or "boring" compared to school/mass shootings with other motivations. I'm not talking bad about your post or anything though, I for one find Islamic Terrorism particularly interesting and it is a subject I read about often but that's just my theory on why your post maybe got less attention then something about Sandy Hook or Columbine etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:30 pm

Mh_12rm_66 wrote:
I think you're thread probably received less attention also due to the fact that it was a Islamic terrorist attack as I've seen many posters here mention they find those attacks "less interesting" or "boring" compared to school/mass shootings with other motivations. I'm not talking bad about your post or anything though, I for one find Islamic Terrorism particularly interesting and it is a subject I read about often but that's just my theory on why your post maybe got less attention then something about Sandy Hook or Columbine etc.

Don't worry, I am personally not really interested in Islamic terrorist attacks either except obviously when they happen in my country and I didn't mention my post to blame anyone and I was not offended at all that no one posted on it, it was just to show that I am not the only one feeling less concerned by remote events. But even if I agree with you that most people on this forum find islamic attacks interesting, usually attacks in Europe or in the United States get more attention. Being located in a third-world country, and I also agree with you, especially when they happen in a country where we would expect tragedies to happen, is definitely a factor for getting less attention in occidental countries.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 11:48 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
I'm not talking about the website, I meant the actual news broadcast on television because on that, the bombing got less than 5 minutes coverage while if it happened in Europe, it would take up the whole programme.

This is wildly off topic, but I think cable news is on its way out. Most people get their news from the internet nowadays.

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 11:50 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
I'm not talking about the website, I meant the actual news broadcast on television because on that, the bombing got less than 5 minutes coverage while if it happened in Europe, it would take up the whole programme.

This is wildly off topic, but I think cable news is on its way out. Most people get their news from the internet nowadays.

Absolutely
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 2:05 pm

I was surprised but in fact they do talk about it on TV in France and they said it could be islamist, although for now they are not sure yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 6:59 pm

Hate to be an "I told you so type person" but it seems based on the new information coming out it looks like I was right. Sri Lankan government named NTJ (a local radical Islamic group) as being the perpetrators with them likely having international help from a global organization such as ISIS or Al-Qaeda. At this point I would be very very surprised if it was some other group (LTTE, radical buddhists, etc).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
hexagonwitch

hexagonwitch

Contribution Points : 46564
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 6:15 am

Update: Last i checked the eeath toll was 321 dead. And i think it will climb dramatically more over time. I think they're going to beat Beslan. It is now confirmed the attack was in fact also revenge for christchurch.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 6:28 am

hexagonwitch wrote:
Update: Last i checked the eeath toll was 321 dead. And i think it will climb dramatically more over time. I think they're going to beat Beslan. It is now confirmed the attack was in fact also revenge for christchurch.
Terrorism breeds terrorism.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66394
Forum Reputation : 248

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 7:32 am

Apparently from what I've heard, the bombings was a retaliation for the recent attack at Christchurch. If that turns out to be 100% true, then it looks like Brenton Tarrant has got what he wished for, though it may not be what he exactly had in mind.

STK

Contribution Points : 72969
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 8:38 am

School Massacre Archives wrote:
If that turns out to be 100% true, then it looks like Brenton Tarrant has got what he wished for, though it may not be what he exactly had in mind.
Well the victims were non white for the most part so I doubt he feels too bad.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 3:29 pm

In regards to the Chirstchurch connection, was it actually confirmed ? I saw on of the Ministers in Sri Lanka speculated that it was revenge but other than that I didn't see where he got that from (ie. from the terrorist's manifestos or something similar).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Video of the attackers pledging support/allegiance to Al-Baghdadi (head of ISIS):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
hexagonwitch

hexagonwitch

Contribution Points : 46564
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 9:00 am

Update: Sri Lanka Easter day bombings bodycount rises to 359 dead. Now officially worse than Beslan terror attack.
Back to top Go down
Russianman

Russianman

Contribution Points : 52921
Forum Reputation : 157

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 10:57 am

Now they said it's was mistake and died 253.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts   52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

52 killed, over 300 hurt in Sri Lankan Blasts
Page 1 of 1