Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Randy Brown Request

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102362
Forum Reputation : 10

Randy Brown Request Empty
PostSubject: Randy Brown Request   Randy Brown Request Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 3:52 pm

Randy Brown’s Request to the Columbine Open Records Review Committee on Items to be Released
In the event anyone has never seen this document. The whole report is just under 30 pages long but is set out in a way that is easy to read and understand.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown Request   Randy Brown Request Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 1:27 am

The report was made in Dec 2002, how would the public be aware of any new "released" information?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown Request   Randy Brown Request Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 8:21 am

Randy Brown has been hot on obtaining the remaining documents and on the hottest Basement Tapes. He will keep fighting for their release, because I believe the Brown's, including Brooks, perhaps knew the most about the two boys more than anyone (not implying a conspiracy theory).
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102362
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown Request   Randy Brown Request Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:10 pm

JohnnyB wrote:
Randy Brown has been hot on obtaining the remaining documents and on the hottest Basement Tapes. He will keep fighting for their release, because I believe the Brown's, including Brooks, perhaps knew the most about the two boys more than anyone (not implying a conspiracy theory).
I agree with your point here. I think the Browns have received a lot of negativity over the years and some of it was uncalled for. Although i don't always agree with some of the things they have said in the past etc, I feel like they, particularly Randy has dedicated a great deal of time and effort in fighting for the release of a lot of Columbine information. This includes the Basement Tapes as you mentioned and the Depositions of the Harris and Klebold families.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118758
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown Request   Randy Brown Request Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Wasn't the sheriff given the option to release The Basement Tapes in 2006? (I might be off on the year). But anyways, wasn't he given the option to release them and he released some other useless stuff instead? Like yet ANOTHER report or something? And everyone was saying "Release The Basement Tapes"?

Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101322
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown Request   Randy Brown Request Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Jenn wrote:
Wasn't the sheriff given the option to release The Basement Tapes in 2006? (I might be off on the year). But anyways, wasn't he given the option to release them and he released some other useless stuff instead? Like yet ANOTHER report or something? And everyone was saying "Release The Basement Tapes"?
The sheriff did have an option to release the tapes. He certainly thought about it, but didn't feel it was necessary to release the tapes. I believe it was journals and among some other things that were released in 2006. I don't suspect anything to change next year when a new sheriff takes over.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown Request   Randy Brown Request Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 9:02 pm

philosopher_king wrote:
Jenn wrote:
The sheriff did have an option to release the tapes. He certainly thought about it, but didn't feel it was necessary to release the tapes. I believe it was journals and among some other things that were released in 2006. I don't suspect anything to change next year when a new sheriff takes over.
Would there even be an option to release them when a new sheriff takes over? Because I thought I read something about them being locked in a vault for 50 years or something in 2006? Like the option to release them wouldn't come about again until 50 years after they decided not to release them the last time? So, 2056?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown Request   Randy Brown Request Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:05 am

Jenn wrote:
philosopher_king wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Would there even be an option to release them when a new sheriff takes over? Because I thought I read something about them being locked in a vault for 50 years or something in 2006? Like the option to release them wouldn't come about again until 50 years after they decided not to release them the last time? So, 2056?
I think the case reopens in 14 years from now, and I read somewhere that the time they keep the evidence locked up will expire by 2027, so maybe we have a chance of the basement tapes?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown Request   Randy Brown Request Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:20 am

Lananas wrote:
Jenn wrote:
philosopher_king wrote:
Jenn wrote:
I think the case reopens in 14 years from now, and I read somewhere that the time they keep the evidence locked up will expire by 2027, so maybe we have a chance of the basement tapes?
I think the 2027 evidence has something to do with depositions or something with Dylan and Eric's parents. I don't think that includes The Basement Tapes. I am pretty certain that they were locked up for 50 years in 2006. I could be wrong, I don't know for certain. But I remember reading that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown Request   Randy Brown Request Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Randy Brown Request
Page 1 of 1