Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nixon tapes

Go down 
+8
Szabo
Kerea2244
thelmar
W.A.R.
Screamingophelia
lol
sympathyforEandD
dereknocturnal
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

Nixon tapes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nixon tapes   Nixon tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 2:32 pm

sorry about the zombie thread, but I was reading somewhere that there was a notebook found on the table with the Nixon tape and there were notes from Eric to his family members.. but I honestly don't recall this.

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82782
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Nixon tapes   Nixon tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 4:51 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
sorry about the zombie thread, but I was reading somewhere that there was a notebook found on the table with the Nixon tape and there were notes from Eric to his family members.. but I honestly don't recall this.

I haven't found anything yet on a note found near the Nixon tape, but I'll keep looking.

I did find something else, and I think you were the one who was wondering this information. The question was, how soon into the attack did authorities realize that Eric and Dylan were the shooters?
According to the dispatch log on pg. 9218, at 12:21 pm it says "Susps [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Eric Harris [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Dylan Kirts" I don't know if this was the very first mention of them, but it's the earliest I've found so far.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82782
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Nixon tapes   Nixon tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 5:33 pm

The evidence gathered from the Harris home starts on pg. 10373 and continues to pg. 10409. I found no specific mention of a note or any communication for the Harris family from Eric.

On pg. 10409 is the discussion of the Nixon tape which was found on the kitchen table. On this page there is no mention of accompanying notes or paper.

On pg. 10397 is mention of an "item" removed from a kitchen counter. It does not specify what the item was and since several other pages specifically mention paper items I'm guessing this wasn't paper.

On pg 10396 it says " On 4-22-99, I copied evidence item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. This was removed from the kitchen table of the Harris' residence at xxxxxx Street on 4-20-99. I sent leads to the Rapid Start program from these papers."
This was found on the same table as the Nixon tape. But Rapid Start is the program used for generating leads and assigning investigators to look into those leads. Would seem weird that a note from Eric to his family would generate any leads (unless they put Wayne, Kathy, and Kevin in the system which seems kinda silly as it should be a no brainer they'd need to be questioned), but I suppose it's possible.

I certainly don't know this and I absolutely could have missed finding mention of it, but I have a hunch whoever is claiming Eric left one last note for his family is romanticizing.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nixon tapes   Nixon tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 10:32 pm

thelmar wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I haven't found anything yet on a note found near the Nixon tape, but I'll keep looking.

I did find something else, and I think you were the one who was wondering this information. The question was, how soon into the attack did authorities realize that Eric and Dylan were the shooters?
According to the dispatch log on pg. 9218, at 12:21 pm it says "Susps [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Eric Harris [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Dylan Kirts" I don't know if this was the very first mention of them, but it's the earliest I've found so far.

Thank you! I know a few of us were talking too about when Eric and Dylan's names were presented on the news, i remember that perfectly... my first thought (I know, forgive me I was 17) was "fuck, eric harris is hot" sighs... I'm sorry.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nixon tapes   Nixon tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 10:35 pm

thelmar wrote:
The evidence gathered from the Harris home starts on pg. 10373 and continues to pg. 10409. I found no specific mention of a note or any communication for the Harris family from Eric.

On pg. 10409 is the discussion of the Nixon tape which was found on the kitchen table. On this page there is no mention of accompanying notes or paper.

On pg. 10397 is mention of an "item" removed from a kitchen counter. It does not specify what the item was and since several other pages specifically mention paper items I'm guessing this wasn't paper.

On pg 10396 it says " On 4-22-99, I copied evidence item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. This was removed from the kitchen table of the Harris' residence at xxxxxx Street on 4-20-99. I sent leads to the Rapid Start program from these papers."
This was found on the same table as the Nixon tape. But Rapid Start is the program used for generating leads and assigning investigators to look into those leads. Would seem weird that a note from Eric to his family would generate any leads (unless they put Wayne, Kathy, and Kevin in the system which seems kinda silly as it should be a no brainer they'd need to be questioned), but I suppose it's possible.

I certainly don't know this and I absolutely could have missed finding mention of it, but I have a hunch whoever is claiming Eric left one last note for his family is romanticizing.

I imagine you're right, because in the basement tape transcripts it is always mentioned that Eric wiped tears away and talks about his loved ones, I imagine if it was a letter to his family it would be mentioned.

Yet again I always wonder why Sue and Judy are the only ones who mention the Jewish thing from the BT but you hear nothing else about it... you'd think since even now the media and others paint Eric and Dylan as nazis it would be talked about more.

Tesla101

Contribution Points : 47929
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Nixon tapes   Nixon tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 7:22 pm

The comparison with Nazi’s come from they german references and the fact they killed without mercy. I don’t believe that the attack was motivated by politics, race or religion etc. It was be disingenuous to describe them as Nazi’s.

I personally think that the Jewish thing is hype from the Brown’s and not a key part of the reason for anything to do with the attack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nixon tapes   Nixon tapes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nixon tapes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2