Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Malloryknox

Malloryknox

Contribution Points : 43740
Forum Reputation : 25

Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Empty
PostSubject: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 3:20 pm

I was going through some old tumblr blogs because they used to be really informative and came upon something I've never seen before.
It's supposedly an email DK wrote to a Marilyn Manson website (whatever that means). The writing is alot like his journals but I searched through this website and others and did not find anyone mention it before which made me skeptical.

The supposed Email:
Spoiler:

They cited this page as the source.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry if this has been talked about before or something. I could not find it.

“At the trial of God, we will ask: why did you allow all this? / And the answer will be an echo: why did you allow all this?”
— Ilya Kaminsky, from “A City Like a Guillotine Shivers on Its Way to the Neck,”

Kinkeloukaitis likes this post

Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71319
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Sue did say Dylan had a Marilyn Manson poster in his room, so the "liking Marilyn Manson" part checks out...

It is even signed, "Dylan Klebold." Looks pretty legit to me. Awesome find.
Back to top Go down
Malloryknox

Malloryknox

PostSubject: Re: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 3:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yeah there's also him planning this website where the MM Sweat Dreams cover would play so I don't get why people still say they weren't even into MM. Eric mentioned him at some point in an essay too if I remember correctly. The thing that makes me doubt this mail is because I can't really find it anywhere when people talk about MM in relation to the shooting, or at all really. That and my original source being tumblr lmao.

The source said the owner of the website sent it to the FBI a few days after the shooting.

“At the trial of God, we will ask: why did you allow all this? / And the answer will be an echo: why did you allow all this?”
— Ilya Kaminsky, from “A City Like a Guillotine Shivers on Its Way to the Neck,”
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96299
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 3:59 pm

While Dylan did have the poster, I am dubious of this email. In the 11k alone the end is filled with all kinds of bogus tips and things like this. I don't recall this specific email, but there were items suggesting Eric wrote that he was a nazi and other things that were 100% made up. If this was really from the era, I would think it would have been lumped into that category of evidence.

Malloryknox

Malloryknox

PostSubject: Re: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 4:04 pm

I'm new to this site, I wanted to click thanks on both of your posts but I think it works as a kind of 'case closed' button instead of like an 'upvote' or something so I kinda messed that up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yeah it was a seperate document, not the 11k. What makes me curious though is that it says it's from a few days after the massacre, but the journals didn't get released until years later so how did they match Dylan's manner of writing? Maybe it's not really from a few days after though.

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 4:07 pm

Malloryknox wrote:
I'm new to this site, I wanted to click thanks on both of your posts but I think it works as a kind of 'case closed' button instead of like an 'upvote' or something so I kinda messed that up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yeah it was a seperate document, not the 11k. What makes me curious though is that it says it's from a few days after the massacre, but the journals didn't get released until years later so how did they match Dylan's manner of writing? Maybe it's not really from a few days after though.

On first glance it looks very similar to other Columbine docs but we can edit anything to make it look that way. Given that it came from tumblr, it would not be hard for someone to make up a doc and edit it to look like it came from the 11k doc or similar. I see that kind of thing happen a lot.

Malloryknox

Malloryknox

PostSubject: Re: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 4:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It came from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but I don't know what document this is. Maybe one of the earlier police reports before the full 11k were released?
I wonder if it's a possibility someone tried to shift more blame towards MM by faking an email like this but maybe that's too tinfoilhat-ish albino

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 4:25 pm

That image comes from the 11k directly. The content is here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The top half is cut off in the original image. It states this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am inclined to believe it is fake

Malloryknox

Malloryknox

PostSubject: Re: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 4:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I missed that, thanks! That's really interesting.
Still, if it's from april 22th of that same year, I wonder how they copied his writing style. But I agree it most likely is fake.

Back to top Go down
KKjHAM

Contribution Points : 56557
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 3:45 pm

That is not Dylan's voice (writing style). He didn't write it.
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71319
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 7:56 am

KKjHAM wrote:
That is not Dylan's voice (writing style). He didn't write it.

The writing style isn't particularly Dylan-like, but I was inclined to believe it because it would be such an obscure thing for someone to make up. Now I'm not sure. Too much fake stuff floating around about Columbine.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78978
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 10:31 pm

Manson himself went out and dismissed that they were fans of hes music. Ive only seen Peter Langmann argue that they were fans of Mansons music. But that was because of bands that Eric supposedly mentioned in hes writings. I dont think that tells us much of anything, other than that he listened to Manson
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78978
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 10:32 pm

sympathyforEandD wrote:
KKjHAM wrote:
That is not Dylan's voice (writing style).  He didn't write it.  

The writing style isn't particularly Dylan-like, but I was inclined to believe it because it would be such an obscure thing for someone to make up. Now I'm not sure. Too much fake stuff floating around about Columbine.

True.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?   Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Klebold mail to a Manson fansite or official website?
Page 1 of 1