Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jersey City shootout leaves six dead

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

Jersey City shootout leaves six dead Empty
PostSubject: Jersey City shootout leaves six dead   Jersey City shootout leaves six dead Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 5:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
JERSEY CITY (CBSNewYork) – A police officer was among six killed in a lengthy gun battle in Jersey City Tuesday. The officer was rushed to the hospital but did not survive.
Two suspected gunmen were also killed, along with three civilians. Their bodies were found in a kosher grocery store at Bayview Avenue and Martin Luther King Boulevard after an intense shootout with police.
The incident began at the Bay View cemetery, where police officers encountered two people who they thought were suspicious, CBS News has learned. The duo then got into a U-Haul rental vehicle and drove to the grocery store, where the massive gun battle took place. It all started at roughly 12:45 p.m.
[…]
During the height of the gun battle, dozens of shots could be heard going off as police engaged the suspects in the vicinity of Martin Luther King Drive and Bayview Avenue. Officers wearing tactical gear and carrying long guns swarmed the scene in armored vehicles. New Jersey State Police said they deployed canine units, the bomb squad, aviation units and tactical squads among other resources to the scene. The NYPD’s Emergency Services Unit also was brought in to assist.

This one seems like total chaos. I'm curious as to what prompted the shooting in the first place - early reports said that the first people shot were cops, but it seems that could be getting backtracked now and it started with random people getting shot. Also rather curious as to how the police know there were two suspects. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a robbery that went really wrong, and the police ended up shooting some of the civilians.

PostSubject: Re: Jersey City shootout leaves six dead   Jersey City shootout leaves six dead Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 5:11 pm

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 63883
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Jersey City shootout leaves six dead   Jersey City shootout leaves six dead Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Shooters’ names are: David Anderson and Francine Graham.

PostSubject: Re: Jersey City shootout leaves six dead   Jersey City shootout leaves six dead Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 3:53 pm

I honestly thought this was a gang shooting at first
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Jersey City shootout leaves six dead   Jersey City shootout leaves six dead Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 12:16 pm

Quote :
The shooters in this week's deadly kosher market attack in New Jersey were suspects in a previous, weekend slaying and were driving a vehicle containing anti-Semitic and anti-police writings, sources say.

And one of the attackers appears to have a connection to the Black Hebrew Israelites movement, The New York Times reported. Those are just some of the emerging details about the suspects as investigators try to determine their motive.
David N. Anderson, 47, and Francine Graham, 50, killed a police detective near a Jersey City cemetery and then attacked a Jewish market a mile away Tuesday, kicking off an hourslong police standoff that left them and three other people in the market dead, authorities said.

But the pair also were prime suspects in the recent killing of a man near the neighboring New Jersey city of Bayonne, state Attorney General Gurbir Grewal said Wednesday. That man died Saturday, local media outlets, including NJ.com, reported.
Authorities haven't said what, if anything, links the weekend killing to Tuesday's shootings, other than investigators believe Anderson and Graham were behind them all.

>Black Israelites
Well I hope we're all ready for this to get memory-holed.

PostSubject: Re: Jersey City shootout leaves six dead   Jersey City shootout leaves six dead Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 7:38 pm

QuestionMark wrote:

Quote :
The shooters in this week's deadly kosher market attack in New Jersey were suspects in a previous, weekend slaying and were driving a vehicle containing anti-Semitic and anti-police writings, sources say.

And one of the attackers appears to have a connection to the Black Hebrew Israelites movement, The New York Times reported. Those are just some of the emerging details about the suspects as investigators try to determine their motive.
David N. Anderson, 47, and Francine Graham, 50, killed a police detective near a Jersey City cemetery and then attacked a Jewish market a mile away Tuesday, kicking off an hourslong police standoff that left them and three other people in the market dead, authorities said.

But the pair also were prime suspects in the recent killing of a man near the neighboring New Jersey city of Bayonne, state Attorney General Gurbir Grewal said Wednesday. That man died Saturday, local media outlets, including NJ.com, reported.
Authorities haven't said what, if anything, links the weekend killing to Tuesday's shootings, other than investigators believe Anderson and Graham were behind them all.

>Black Israelites
Well I hope we're all ready for this to get memory-holed.
We wuz da real Israelites n shiet, nomesayn?
Back to top Go down
Ankareth

Contribution Points : 42230
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Jersey City shootout leaves six dead   Jersey City shootout leaves six dead Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 4:21 am

Last edited by Ankareth on Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Jersey City shootout leaves six dead   Jersey City shootout leaves six dead Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 11:28 am

Ankareth wrote:
Is this the first Black Israelite shooting? They seem kinda extreme so I wouldn't entirely be surprised if there were others.

The Black Israelites are a pretty niche group so I'm not so surprised. It's not the first black nationalist shooting by far, but that's a different story. Anyways,

Additional information about the shooting and perpetrators:

Pawn shop owner arrested in connection with the shooters:

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jersey City shootout leaves six dead   Jersey City shootout leaves six dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jersey City shootout leaves six dead
Page 1 of 1