Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan?

Go down 
+32
Xtina
Mr Bubbless
Engel
KillMankind88
AestheticDeath
Prince_Bren
myshame
Love
spidEr
1Mare1
Screamingophelia
Fatheroftwo
Sabratha
browneyes11
gutenfxckintag
Falco
WendlaBergman
keoch319
Wideawake
Draw_It_White
Jenn
TheFragile
tfsa47090
em81
JayJay
jettfyre80
Mj2beat
deathmedic
tragedy79
Marco1211
philosopher_king
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AestheticDeath

Contribution Points : 69657
Forum Reputation : 0

Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan?   Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 5:09 am

yeah, that was one of the odd twists at the time for people who realized they had shared interests with them.
At the time there were only so many people you could play computer games with or be friends with online and offline. If you did know someone into things you would almost certainly get into that stuff together. So middle school, early high school, yeah I think Eric would have been in the same circle of people.
Not so sure about growing and changing beyond that. School became something I didn't even care about. Not challenging, not important. And Eric was so consumed by it. I probably would have been there less than 25% of the days in the months leading up to the shooting.

And for those later years I feel like you could drop Dylan into a group of guys I knew around here and he'd fit right in. I remember a guy who they withheld his report card and maybe even diploma because he damaged a bunch of shit and they wanted him to pay. He'd go back at the end of every year and see if they'd give it to him yet. That guy would probably end up in those scattered eyewitness accounts claiming they saw so-and-so who knows Dylan and already graduated.
Back to top Go down
KillMankind88

KillMankind88

Contribution Points : 24929

PostSubject: Re: Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan?   Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2021 8:18 pm

Since I've been dealing with the Columbine massacre for years and some of the views from Eric and Dylan's diaries seem familiar to me (it's ultimately the same worldview that I developed back then in my school days from 6th grade) so this would be an interesting question, which I have already asked myself.

Well, I don't know, and despite some similarities, I can only speak of pure speculation here. If I go back to my own school days, I had the same problems and conflicts as Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, from which very similar thoughts developed. I despised my entire school, but also fundamentally society, the system and the human species and expressed this very often, because I neither wanted to hide nor "adapt" myself. It was very possible that I would at least have come into contact with Eric and Dylan (but since I was also a very shy and introverted person at the same time, they would probably have had to speak to me or at least be in close proximity - such as School projects or secondary classes etc., even if I was still a lot more open in my school days than now, when I have resigned and finished with the whole world for myself).

Probably there would have been some "friendship" with them at this time, because (at least from my side) there would have been some "chance" for it, and I open up with them on the basis of the same interests, philosophical views and hatred of Jocks, purely in terms of content might have understood well. On the interpersonal level, I wouldn't be so sure, as there would be some other aspects (such as my own initial shyness or the "introversion" of Eric and Dylan etc.) so that the picture ultimately remains shadowy. Probably they wouldn't have liked me for some reason either, and then I would have big problems with them too, although I'm not assuming that, but I would like to include all possible variations, without dreaming to myself. I am really an honest person in this matter.

Most possible, however, is that I just wouldn't have any problems with them, because I would have it with the rest of the school. ^^

KillMankind88 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 38843
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan?   Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2021 10:48 pm

If I was born in 1981/82, went to the same school as them, I'd think I'd say yes I'd be friends with them

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)
Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 41446
Forum Reputation : 731

PostSubject: Re: Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan?   Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2021 12:04 am

Definitely not.

Top Contributor
Xtina

Contribution Points : 38116
Forum Reputation : 256

PostSubject: Re: Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan?   Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 1:27 am

I think so. I used to wear a black trenchcoat to highschool before columbine even happened so given my taste for black clothes and alot of the stuff they liked, I'm sure I'd have run into them and gotten along well. Maybe hanging out in the smoker's pit having conversations.

venustriste

Contribution Points : 14650

PostSubject: Re: Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan?   Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2022 1:54 pm

yeah, sure. we listen to the same music and share some ideals so probably. also i didn't have an audiovisual club in hs but i would have loved to join one as i used to be into photography at that time (and into vintage camcorders now, a year after graduation). i've been dressing goth/grunge since i was like 12, so if they saw me they would've thought i was cool ig

Kalamity

Contribution Points : 15097

PostSubject: Re: Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan?   Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 6:42 am

Oh boi...
Where do I begin. I'm SURE that I would be friends, or at the very least , I'd be kind to them.
I inherited my older brother heavy metal taste and knew a lot of bands the boys listened at a very young age, I was a metalhead/baby-bat when I was their age and dressed all black, though sometimes I couldn't dress that way because my fanatic Christian family would punish me for my 'satanic' taste in music and movies (horror movies) very often and made my life hell at home, I liked games my whole life and I still do and I was always drawing and painting (I'm currently an Ilustrator lol). No need to add that I was heavily bullied, constantly mocked too for all of this and was very depressed to the point of trying suicide a couple of times.
Man, my teenage years where on fire and, in all honesty, they either would make fun of me, respected me as they respected others they'd see as 'individuals' in the TCM, or I would be a really bad friend of theirs. I recall my way of thinking back then and I would've gladly join all of their shit behavior and maybe even NBK, remembering how angry and depressed I was...
I'm glad I didn't landed in Colorado back then and had some better company that lifted me out of that hole Xd

Wanderer dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
touchmetillivomit

touchmetillivomit

Contribution Points : 14300

PostSubject: Re: Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan?   Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 11:59 pm

i was friends with a lot of dylan klebold and eric harris types growing up. none of them shot up any schools, but they were all outcasts. one of my childhood friends reminds me so much of eric, looking back. i dont think i wouldve cared for dylan. i find his pursuit of true love overbearing and cringeworthy. i love nine inch nails and im similarly melodramatic and depressed though lol. i think i could have gotten along with eric. we have a similar taste in music and film, and boys like him seemed to flock to me for whatever reason

anna444 and Kalamity like this post

Back to top Go down
anna444

anna444

Contribution Points : 19350
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan?   Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2023 6:09 pm

no because i can’t handle social interactions xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan?   Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you have been friends with Eric and Dylan?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2