Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

John Wayne Glover

Go down 
AuthorMessage

John Wayne Glover Empty
PostSubject: John Wayne Glover   John Wayne Glover Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 3:18 pm

John Wayne Glover was an Australian serial killer responsible for the murder of six elderly women, although he could have killed as many as thirteen. He was active from 1989-1990 at the age of 57-58 (which is highly unusual among serial killers).

He was arrested in 1990 after evidence and witness testimony linked him to several crime scenes. He committed suicide in 2005 at the age of 72 after his wife divorced him and his family neglected him after his arrest.

Back to top Go down

John Wayne Glover Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Wayne Glover   John Wayne Glover Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 3:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

John Wayne Glover Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Wayne Glover   John Wayne Glover Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 7:50 pm

Ivan wrote:
John Wayne Glover was an Australian serial killer responsible for the murder of six elderly women, although he could have killed as many as thirteen. He was active from 1989-1990 at the age of 57-58 (which is highly unusual among serial killers).

He was arrested in 1990 after evidence and witness testimony linked him to several crime scenes. He committed suicide in 2005 at the age of 72 after his wife divorced him and his family neglected him after his arrest.

Very interesting. I think he's one of the few old serial killers who managed to kill more than ten people, while the others I found killed fewer than that.

Another serial killer who started killing at age of 50 was José Augusto do Amaral, also known as Preto Amaral. "In the year 1926, when he was 55 years old and living life as a wanderer surviving on odd jobs, he committed his first alleged crime. He was accused of strangling and sodomizing a 27-year-old man, the body being later found in the vicinity of the Campo de Marte Airport. After that, he allegedly committed two more attacks of the same nature, while also having sex with his victims' still warm bodies. Amaral had also attempted to swindle and violently attack another young man, but the victim had managed to escape because the "Black" became frightened and fled, allowing him to report the accident to the police." (from Wikipedia)

A interesting fact from Preto Amaral was that when I was searching at Brazilian newspapers archives, I found that there was a man, who bore a strong resemblance to him, arrested with a group of thieves. It even had the identical name on the report, and the photo also made me safe to say it was him.
Back to top Go down

John Wayne Glover Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Wayne Glover   John Wayne Glover Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 10:39 pm

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
Ivan wrote:

Very interesting. I think he's one of the few old serial killers who managed to kill more than ten people, while the others I found killed fewer than that.

Another serial killer who started killing at age of 50 was José Augusto do Amaral, also known as Preto Amaral. "In the year 1926, when he was 55 years old and living life as a wanderer surviving on odd jobs, he committed his first alleged crime. He was accused of strangling and sodomizing a 27-year-old man, the body being later found in the vicinity of the Campo de Marte Airport. After that, he allegedly committed two more attacks of the same nature, while also having sex with his victims' still warm bodies. Amaral had also attempted to swindle and violently attack another young man, but the victim had managed to escape because the "Black" became frightened and fled, allowing him to report the accident to the police." (from Wikipedia)

A interesting fact from Preto Amaral was that when I was searching at Brazilian newspapers archives, I found that there was a man, who bore a strong resemblance to him, arrested with a group of thieves. It even had the identical name on the report, and the photo also made me safe to say it was him.
I wonder what their motive was for starting their killing spree that late in life. Quite intriguing.
Back to top Go down

John Wayne Glover Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Wayne Glover   John Wayne Glover Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 1:47 am

Ivan wrote:
Ivan wrote:

I wonder what their motive was for starting their killing spree that late in life. Quite intriguing.
While I can't elaborate a speculation about Glover's motive, I think I can about Preto Amaral: he was son of slaves, and at age 17 was benefited by Lei Áurea, and entered the army, fought in the Canudos War and deserted from the army. For desertion he spent months in jail and he then spent his late life as a wanderer and worked odd jobs. I think his life was full of traumas, specially considering that he was a slave himself and that he fought in the Canudos War, and that he was arrested with the group of thieves. I think it life did not had any meaning to him so he started killing, maybe to get a thrill.

However, according to the Wikipedia's article, he was tortured by police and confessed his alleged crimes and, even though he was arrested, murders continued to happen in the city. He died of tuberculosis before he could be tried. 85 years later, a simulated jury was held in the Noble Hall of the Law School, University of São Paulo, where Preto Amaral was acquitted post-mortem by 257 votes to 57 for his conviction. It's a intriguing case, yet some details are sketchy about Preto's arrest.
Back to top Go down

John Wayne Glover Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Wayne Glover   John Wayne Glover Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 1:52 am

Ivan wrote:
Ivan wrote:

While I can't elaborate a speculation about Glover's motive, I think I can about Preto Amaral: he was son of slaves, and at age 17 was benefited by Lei Áurea, and entered the army, fought in the Canudos War and deserted from the army. For desertion he spent months in jail and he then spent his late life as a wanderer and worked odd jobs. I think his life was full of traumas, specially considering that he was a slave himself and that he fought in the Canudos War, and that he was arrested with the group of thieves. I think it life did not had any meaning to him so he started killing, maybe to get a thrill.

However, according to the Wikipedia's article, he was tortured by police and confessed his alleged crimes and, even though he was arrested, murders continued to happen in the city. He died of tuberculosis before he could be tried. 85 years later, a simulated jury was held in the Noble Hall of the Law School, University of São Paulo, where Preto Amaral was acquitted post-mortem by 257 votes to 57 for his conviction. It's a intriguing case, yet some details are sketchy about Preto's arrest.
He might have been innocent. I know years ago those techniques were used to solve a string of murders. The Zodiac Killer got away with many of his murders because the authorities were trying to pin the blame on the wrong man.

John Wayne Glover spent some of his early life in and out of prison for small crimes like stealing and assault. He spent time in the army. Perhaps he was always antisocial and it eventually got to a breaking point after he controlled himself for many years.

Apparently he had a deep seeded hatred for his mother-in-law.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

John Wayne Glover Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Wayne Glover   John Wayne Glover Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Wayne Glover
Page 1 of 1