Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

Contribution Points : 40209
Forum Reputation : 175

Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Empty
PostSubject: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 9:39 pm

I've spent the last few days compiling several lists of attacks (amoks, school attacks, shootings, stabings, arson, and associated incidents) in a few countries in Asia.
I'm unsure how much interest it would gather, but in case anyone is interested, here is what I have (309 total incidents:)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(Some of these entries were suggested by Killisaki, thank you very much.)
The China one is most notably incomplete. The other two are reasonably comprehensive.
Edit: I completely screwed up the North Korea one. The 18-year old killed 2 and wounded 0.

Killisaki, lognifiiskurk and rj96 like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 11:48 pm

Thank you for posting the thread. It's really informative. Chinese mass murders interests me alot, and I usually killed a time reading them in Amok Wiki.

Also, could I ask where you got the incidents that happened in North Korea? Never thought I would see an mass murder happening there.

Greetings!
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 7:23 am

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
Thank you for posting the thread. It's really informative. Chinese mass murders interests me alot, and I usually killed a time reading them in Amok Wiki.
Also, could I ask where you got the incidents that happened in North Korea? Never thought I would see an mass murder happening there.
Thank you!
The North Korea incidents are only known about because the perpetrtor tried to defect to South Korea. NK would obviously never admit to something like that happening.
More information on these incidents can be found here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Luci

Luci

Contribution Points : 40028
Forum Reputation : 68

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 2:50 pm

Thank you for this! Your posts have been a blessing in this community lately. Smile How long did it take to make this? I have been interested in making one of university or postal massacres...

“There isn’t an open sky or endless field to be found where I reside, not is there light or salvation to be discovered. Right about now I feel as low as I ever have. So fucking naive man, so fucking naive. Always expecting change when I know nothing ever changes… I sacrifice no more for others, part of me has fucking died and I hate this shit. I’m living every mans nightmare and that single fact alone is kicking my ass.”
-Jeff Weise
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 3:03 pm

Luci wrote:
Thank you for this! Your posts have been a blessing in this community lately. Smile How long did it take to make this? I have been interested in making one of university or postal massacres...
Thank you, that means a lot to me!
I spent a day on Japan and Korea each and two on China, and dedicated almost all of my free time to it. Most of the information I sifted through was redundant, though.
I'd definitely be interested to see the university / postal lists if you end up making them.

Luci likes this post

Back to top Go down
Luci

Luci

Contribution Points : 40028
Forum Reputation : 68

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 3:13 pm

dyonqqr wrote:
Luci wrote:
Thank you, that means a lot to me!
I spent a day on Japan and Korea each and two on China, and dedicated almost all of my free time to it. Most of the information I sifted through was redundant, though.
I'd definitely be interested to see the university / postal lists if you end up making them.

Alright, I will make the Postal one first since it seems easier- since I used Google Sheets in school already, I will see if Google Sheets is any good at making the perfect spreadsheet. Smile

“There isn’t an open sky or endless field to be found where I reside, not is there light or salvation to be discovered. Right about now I feel as low as I ever have. So fucking naive man, so fucking naive. Always expecting change when I know nothing ever changes… I sacrifice no more for others, part of me has fucking died and I hate this shit. I’m living every mans nightmare and that single fact alone is kicking my ass.”
-Jeff Weise
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 10:32 pm

Luci wrote:
Alright, I will make the Postal one first since it seems easier- since I used Google Sheets in school already, I will see if Google Sheets is any good at making the perfect spreadsheet. Smile
Sounds great! I don't doubt you can do it, but let me know if I can help.
(I just realized I forgot the chopsticks guy in my China list. Just another reason to update it one of these days.)
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 8:16 pm

I finally got around to finalizing the China list: 315 total incidents now, from several hundred years BC to less than a month ago, from submachine guns to chopsticks.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 7:00 pm

Here's Vietnam (12 incidents.) Catbox screwed up some of the accents, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 10:02 pm

Do you accept suggestions? I was "stalking" the profiles of Lord Gon, Cientific124 on Amok Wiki to see their contributions to the Wiki, and remembered that there are two things that may help you expand your list.

Some time ago a person left a message in Cientific124's wall, mentioning an 1995 of a failed Chinese stock market investor who went on an shooting spree in Shenyang on October 24, 1995 and was executed on October 29. Unfortunately it only says that the man did that. No specific death toll or injured. Source

Another thing you might find useful is Lord Gon's Nastrond list. It contains some cases in Japan, China where Lord Gon didn't have much information to work on, so he put them in that list. Source
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 8:40 am

Do you accept suggestions?
That's be cool, actually! I have plenty of free time, so if there's a country (I'm considering Russia) or topic (like postal killings) you want me to cover, I'd be happy to.

Some time ago a person left a message in Cientific124's wall, mentioning an 1995 of a failed Chinese stock market investor who went on an shooting spree in Shenyang on October 24, 1995 and was executed on October 29. Unfortunately it only says that the man did that. No specific death toll or injured. Source

Another thing you might find useful is Lord Gon's Nastrond list. It contains some cases in Japan, China where Lord Gon didn't have much information to work on, so he put them in that list. Source
I don't know how you dug deep enough to find that, but I'm quite glad you did, I'll add them to the list!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 8:57 pm

dyonqqr wrote:
Do you accept suggestions?
That's be cool, actually! I have plenty of free time, so if there's a country (I'm considering Russia) or topic (like postal killings) you want me to cover, I'd be happy to.

I don't know how you dug deep enough to find that, but I'm quite glad you did, I'll add them to the list!
I'm happy this helped you! Also, about the country being Russia, could I suggest the Soviet Union? There was a user in Amok Wiki called User901 who had an book about Soviet rampage killers. He added three obscure Soviet killers to the Amok Wiki, one case which included a duo.

If that's the book I think User901 demonstrated to Lord Gon, there you go: Google Drive

Also, there's this discussion with Lord Gon and User901: Amok Wiki

Hope this helps too in creating another separate list!
Back to top Go down
cowardlycorpse

Contribution Points : 29381
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 9:35 pm

Add Nguyễn Văn Tiến to the Vietnamese list. Here's some info
Back to top Go down
Killisaki
Top Contributor
Killisaki

Contribution Points : 42318
Forum Reputation : 93

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 12:19 pm

After seeing this I thought of doing one on Thailand, then I forgot this for reasons, so here it is. I stole the same layout because I am a total hack lol. It doesn't include terrorist attacks and gang violence. Hope you enjoy it.

"Said he was a wolf, only the difference
Was, a wolf’s skin was hairy on the outside,
His on the inside;"
- John Webster
"I cannot allow the cheap fireworks of some amateur terrorist to trigger my beatiful apocalyptic display!"
-Dr. Kabapu
"But hey, you wouldn't have signed on if you weren't planning to becoming a martyr. So let's get to work."
-Mannagaer lol

dyonqqr likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 10:19 pm

Do you have any more info on the attacks in north korea? I wonder how stuff's going up there in Kimland

Last edited by diabolus on Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 11:22 pm

diabolus wrote:
Do you have any more info on the attacks in north korea? I wonder how stuff's going up there in Kimland
Also, spreadsheets for the other Asian countries would be cool. Might make one if i ever stop being lazy...
Obviously, those in Kimland want to portray the image that everything is fine and their country is crime-free, so the only glimpses we get are from individuals that defect to South Korea.
Wikipedia's blurb for one of those attacks was: "October 6, 2012: An 18-year-old Korean People's Army private defected to South Korea. He was apparently not detected as he crossed the DMZ and had to knock on an ROK barracks door to draw attention to himself. The soldier later told investigators that he defected after killing two of his superiors."
Article on the topic - Military Admits Lies and Lapses Over Defection
Article on the topic - Defecting N.Korean Soldier 'Saw No Hope'

Wikipedia's blurb on the other attack: "Two North Korean fishermen suspected of killing 16 fellow fishermen defected to South Korea on November 2, 2019. The South Korean Government forcibly and secretly deported the North Koreans defectors on November 7, 2019."
Article on the topic - Deportation of North Koreans Suspected in 16 Deaths Raises Questions in South
Article on the topic - Regarding deportation of North Korean residents
Article on the topic - Kim Yeon-cheol "North Korean sailor, I will return even if I die".. Jeong Seong-san, "I am framed as a murderer and forcibly repatriated to North Korea" (Google translated from Korean)
Article on the topic - North Korean fishermen 'killed 16 colleagues' before fleeing to South
Article on the topic - North Korean fishermen suspected of killing 16 of their crew members
Article on the topic - South Korea expels two North Koreans suspected of killing 16 fishermen
That's all the reading material I can dredge up at the moment. Some other mass killings are referenced here, but they're all military related.
Hope that helps!

(I wonder if North Korea has high rates of stabbing attacks and that kind of thing. You would think a high-stress environment is related to them, but it's more often "caused" by rapid social change, which North Korea hasn't experienced in decades.)
Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 7:12 pm

Here's what I've got for Taiwan:
Back to top Go down
Timur's Swan Song

Timur's Swan Song

Contribution Points : 22293
Forum Reputation : 85

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 6:50 am

Come back Dyon Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China   Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comprehensive-ish list of attacks in Japan, Korea, and China
Page 1 of 1