Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124399
Forum Reputation : 1001

Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...  Empty
PostSubject: Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...    Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 3:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jeff Shrader will be the new Sheriff in January 2015:

With the arrival of a new Sheriff raises the possibility that more Columbine Evidence may be be released (possibly the Basement Tapes) ... we all know how Sheriff Ted Mink decided to release the Journals etc ... but there will be a new Sheriff soon ...

If Sheriff Shrader is petitioned by the families, media, etc to release the Basement Tapes there may be a strong possibility of it happening in the near future ... it will be interesting to see how the new sheriff handles this ...

Some info about Sheriff Ted Mink's decision NOT to release the Basement Tapes in June 2006:

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119108
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...    Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 4:10 am

That's interesting. I'd love to finally have the Basement Tapes released. I really don't agree with their argument for not releasing them. Well the excuse about 'copycats', anyhow. School shootings will continue to happen regardless if these tapes are released or not.

Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95404
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...    Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 7:28 pm

I really hope that this new Sheriff will think about it and decide to release the rest of the evidence, I am the one with the opinion that the tapes and other evidence need to be release someday to respond the rest of our answers, maybe they will take off many parts like we suspect with the journals but whatever would be out will work for us.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
MysteryMan

Contribution Points : 90583
Forum Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...    Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:00 pm

I don't think so because media lost their attention and don't put pressure on sheriff only a bunch of people still is interested. Maybe the families of the victims can do something but they propably only want to have peace and quiet. So I'm a pessimist in that case.
Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101672
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...    Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:39 pm

I don't see the status quo changing either unless the new sheriff feels it is important to have it released.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119108
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...    Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 12:33 am

philosopher_king wrote:
I don't see the status quo changing either unless the new sheriff feels it is important to have it released.

I agree. Of course, like many others, I'd love to finally see the Basement Tapes but I don't see the new sheriff actually releasing them. I am sure there will be people trying though, like Randy Brown. We will see though.

The reason I'd like to see the tapes is because all the other videos we've seen with Dylan and Eric in them are them acting. Well, with the exception of Rampart Range, but they couldn't really act themselves in that video because the other people in it thought they were just having a good time shooting their guns, not practicing for a shooting. I'd want to see how these 2 interact with each other with no one else around and them not acting.

Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101672
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...    Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 2:40 am

Jenn wrote:
philosopher_king wrote:

I agree. Of course, like many others, I'd love to finally see the Basement Tapes but I don't see the new sheriff actually releasing them. I am sure there will be people trying though, like Randy Brown. We will see though.

The reason I'd like to see the tapes is because all the other videos we've seen with Dylan and Eric in them are them acting. Well, with the exception of Rampart Range, but they couldn't really act themselves in that video because the other people in it thought they were just having a good time shooting their guns, not practicing for a shooting. I'd want to see how these 2 interact with each other with no one else around and them not acting.

Seeing them acting would be interesting in order to see their true selves. There might be a contrast between what we think we know and what we assume to know about them. Hearing Dave Cullen defending his characterization of Eric and Dylan might be more entertaining then the release of the tapes themselves.

On a academic level, there would be some value to look at as primary research, not incomplete transcripts. Such a tragedy doesn't compare with other terrible ones like 9/11 which generate plenty of interest in more ways than the shooting at Columbine such as in the number of books and documentaries.

I, however, am not too curious to see what it is on the tapes. I don't expect any new information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...    Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sheriff Ted Mink (since 2003) is Retiring ...
Page 1 of 1