Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who's Idea Was It?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84644
Forum Reputation : 0

Who's Idea Was It? Empty
PostSubject: Who's Idea Was It?   Who's Idea Was It? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 11:38 pm

I've been pondering this for a long time. I know many people see Eric as the mastermind behind NBK, but I don't actually think it was originally his idea. He may have kicked the idea into action but I don't think he came up with the idea. I believe Dylan is the one who came up with it. Do you think it was Dylan's idea or Eric's? And do you think other people were originally in on the idea?

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98544
Forum Reputation : 21

Who's Idea Was It? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Idea Was It?   Who's Idea Was It? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 12:37 am

Dylan's idea, but Eric made it real... if that makes sense. Dylan brought up school shootings earlier than Eric in his diary(?).
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

Who's Idea Was It? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Idea Was It?   Who's Idea Was It? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 3:02 am

Definitely Dylan's idea (or so I think anyways). Dylan was talking about killing people and getting a gun way before Eric was.

I think Eric may have tried to recruit some of his friends, like Chris Morris for example, but either they weren't interested, or more than likely, didn't take Eric seriously.

Back to top Go down

Who's Idea Was It? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Idea Was It?   Who's Idea Was It? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 6:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I could not have said it better. I agree with everything you said.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84644
Forum Reputation : 0

Who's Idea Was It? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Idea Was It?   Who's Idea Was It? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 7:58 am

Thats what I was thinking. I find it strange that so many people are quick to write Dylan off as a gutless follower. From the journal entries I've read it seems clear to me that the idea was Dylan's. The only thing I find strange about that is, Dylan rarely mentions NBK in his journal, while Eric is almost constantly talking about it in his journal. Perhaps Dylan did come up with the idea but wasn't truly serious about it until Eric backed him up and began collecting weapons. It also seems like in the last four months before NBK, Eric and Dylan lost their excitement about NBK. In Dylan's January 99' journal entry he seems unsure if he should do it or not. And Eric seems rushed and unprepared in his last entry. It seems to me like they built NBK up so much that neither of them was willing to be "weak" and call it off whether they wanted to or not.

Do you think Dylan would have found someone else or gone on a shooting spree by himself if he hadn't met Eric?
And do you think Eric would have come up with the idea with or without Dylan?

Back to top Go down

Who's Idea Was It? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Idea Was It?   Who's Idea Was It? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 11:22 am

I think that neither Dylan nor Eric would carry out the shooting alone. It was kind of mutual support. If one of the boys was unsure about it, there was the other to encourage him back again.

Anyways, they kinda rushed it out. They wanted to do it before leaving Columbine for good, and the deadline was coming up pretty fast. Their plot wasn't mature enough, and were running out of time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who's Idea Was It? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Idea Was It?   Who's Idea Was It? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's Idea Was It?
Page 1 of 1