Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?

Go down 
+5
LPorter101
sororityalpha
tfsa47090
browneyes11
lol
9 posters
AuthorMessage
lol

Contribution Points : 102897
Forum Reputation : 325

What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Empty
PostSubject: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 2:14 am

I was rereading Kass' book, and he stated that more than once Eric spoke to Susan about a friend making fun of him behind his back, and on prom night she said that this friend was a jerk who talked behind his back, and insulted him.

Who do you think was?
Couldn't be Nate. They made up by this point. Not Brooks either. Not Chris Morris either since he played poker with him and Dylan in the after prom party. Possibly Zach Heckler? Or someone we don't know?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84769
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 2:25 am

In Susan's interview in the 11k she states that it was Mike.
I pretty sure thats the guy from the "Eric in Columbine" video

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 3:33 am

Oh really? Wow, I actually had no idea.

Mike Vendegia I am pretty sure. No wonder he was trying to cut off ties when the police interviewed him saying he rarely spoke to them, yet he knew Eric for years.

EDIT: Wait, no.
Susan DeWitt: 6,196: EH mad at Mike Dinkle for making fun of him (apparently this was behind EH’s back); (also noted in Susan’s report on p. 18,390: EH upset/hurt that Mike Dinkle made fun of him)

No idea who Mike Dinkle is.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 3:47 am

lol wrote:

No idea who Mike Dinkle is.

That's not the same Mike from the video? Hmm. I dunno then

Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101188
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 3:52 am

Mike Vendegnia is the Mike in the video.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 4:00 am

tfsa47090 wrote:
Mike Vendegnia is the Mike in the video.

Oh cool. I didn't know that. I wonder who Mike Dinkle is?

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124184
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 11:53 pm

Dylan's Shit List: CN 2025 Michael Joseph Dinkel 5-13-81

CN 2025: Mike told me he had been friends with Eric Harris but had not "hung" out with him since the summer of 1998.

He said he mostly played video games with Eric at his house along with a Josh Swanson. The video game was mostly "Doom".

He said he was not considered a member of TCM" during the time he was friends with him.

He said he did not have a falling out with Eric. He just developed other friends and they stopped hanging out together. He said he still spoke to him when they ran into each other and never had a argument.

Eric's Shit List: CN 2224 Joshua Paul Swanson 6-20-81

CN 2224: Swanson said that he didn't know Harris but he did know Klebold from a Comp class they took together last semester. Klebold sat behind him and to the right. He said that he talked with Robyn Anderson much more who sat to his right also.

He did say that he more or less stayed away from Klebold because he (Swanson) didn't have anything in common with him.

He described Klebold as somewhat of an outcast both in dress and personal hygiene.

**In Eric/Dylan's Bowling Class - Michael Joseph Dinkel was on Team 14, Joshua Paul Swanson was on Team 13

Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 12:16 am

"personal hygiene" lmao

Kind of ironic that Eric said he hates when people are dirty, and hated dirty people.,..yet his best friend wasn't known for personal hygiene.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151268
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 1:08 am

lol wrote:
"personal hygiene" lmao

Kind of ironic that Eric said he hates when people are dirty, and hated dirty people.,..yet his best friend wasn't known for personal hygiene.

Both Dylan and Brooks were known for not taking baths ... this was one of the reasons why they were not well-liked.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118908
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 6:10 am

Brooks always looks dirty to me. Even pictures I see of him now, he just always looks dirty. The only thing I noticed about Dylan was he didn't seem to brush his hair. It always looks shaggy but that could be because he always wore a baseball hat. He was always in the same clothes though. Did anyone else notice that in most of their home videos he had the same exact shirt on?

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97715
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 6:16 am

I think Eric at leats attempted to pretend taht he mde up with everyone.

I'm not so sure he was genuinine about it tho. I ahve a gut feelign taht Brooks is with us today only because he happened to be at the right place in the right time. I guess if he decided to go and talk to Rachel taht morning instead of drifting around te parkign lot, he'd be a casuality.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 9:32 am

Sabratha wrote:

I'm not so sure he was genuinine about it tho. I ahve a gut feelign taht Brooks is with us today only because he happened to be at the right place in the right time. I guess if he decided to go and talk to Rachel taht morning instead of drifting around te parkign lot, he'd be a casuality.
I do not agree.

The original plan is for Eric to go to Brooks house and kill him and his parents, burn down his house, go to Columbine HS and NBK starts there. That did not happen.

Eric nor Dylan had the heart to not kill people they were close with. Definitely not with guns anyway. They figured a few of their friends would die in the bombing, but they never planned on gunning them down.

Just look at John Savage. They let him live because he knew them.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:45 am

lol wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

I do not agree.

The original plan is for Eric to go to Brooks house and kill him and his parents, burn down his house, go to Columbine HS and NBK starts there. That did not happen.

Eric nor Dylan had the heart to not kill people they were close with. Definitely not with guns anyway. They figured a few of their friends would die in the bombing, but they never planned on gunning them down.

Just look at John Savage. They let him live because he knew them.

Yeah but Dylan never had any beef with Savage. Eric and Brooks were a different story. I'm not sure I believe Eric sincerely made peace with Brooks.

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98669
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 10:42 pm

That's assuming that Brooks' claimed exchange with Eric is true to begin with. I'm not sure I believe Brooks. I think it's more likely that Brooks caught a glimpse of Eric's weapons or pipe bombs, and hightailed it out of there.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 1:57 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
That's assuming that Brooks' claimed exchange with Eric is true to begin with. I'm not sure I believe Brooks. I think it's more likely that Brooks caught a glimpse of Eric's weapons or pipe bombs, and hightailed it out of there.

Also possible, though given no evidence either way (other than his own words) I think its more fair to give him the benefit of doubt and assume some sort of talk did take place.

Again, it made sense that Eric in taht moment would just tell Brooks something to the extent of: "Whatever, now get lost!" because he wanted to get rid of Brooks so taht eh won't spoil things at teh last moment.

Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 7:42 am

I think a lot of people are a little too tough on Brooks. He dealt with so much, and while he does have an attention seeking whore vibe I truly believe his exchange with Eric really did happen. You can take it both ways. Either A) He really didn't want to hurt Brooks, was his friend at the time and didn't have the nerve to kill him (actually, they didn't kill anyone they directly had a conversation with) or B) Eric wanted to get rid of Brooks quickly

Brooks details never changed since that day.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101926

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 8:47 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

CN 2025: Mike told me he had been friends with Eric Harris but had not "hung" out with him since the summer of 1998.

He said he mostly played video games with Eric at his house along with a Josh Swanson. The video game was mostly "Doom".

He said he was not considered a member of TCM" during the time he was friends with him.

He said he did not have a falling out with Eric. He just developed other friends and they stopped hanging out together. He said he still spoke to him when they ran into each other and never had a argument.

CN 2224: Swanson said that he didn't know Harris but he did know Klebold from a Comp class they took together last semester. Klebold sat behind him and to the right. He said that he talked with Robyn Anderson much more who sat to his right also.

He did say that he more or less stayed away from Klebold because he (Swanson) didn't have anything in common with him.

He described Klebold as somewhat of an outcast both in dress and personal hygiene.

**In Eric/Dylan's Bowling Class - Michael Joseph Dinkel was on Team 14, Joshua Paul Swanson was on Team 13

So Mike Dinkel says he played video games with Eric and "a Josh Swanson", specifically Doom. But Josh Swanson says he doesn't know Eric, just Dylan. I realize this is completely irrelevant, but little stuff like this bothers me.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 11:28 am

Wideawake wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

So Mike Dinkel says he played video games with Eric and "a Josh Swanson", specifically Doom. But Josh Swanson says he doesn't know Eric, just Dylan. I realize this is completely irrelevant, but little stuff like this bothers me.

Well, that's new. And interesting.

This opens up the possibility that at least some (if not all) those people who said: "Oh I didnd't know Eric, just Dylan slightly...." were not telling the truth.

Wonder why they would admitt to Dylan, but not to Eric then? Was Eric at even that early point in the inquiry blamed as the main force behind Columbine?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?   What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What friend did Eric dislike right before 4/20?
Page 1 of 1