Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Maybe Eric should have taken this drug instead of Luvox...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Maybe Eric should have taken this drug instead of Luvox... Empty
PostSubject: Maybe Eric should have taken this drug instead of Luvox...   Maybe Eric should have taken this drug instead of Luvox... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Many individuals who took a single dose of psilocybin -- the active ingredient in what the drug culture calls "magic mushrooms" -- showed alterations in personality characteristics, largely for the better, that persisted for more than a year, a prospective scientific study showed.

Participants who reported "mystical experiences" during the hallucinogen sessions tended to show increases in the personality dimension known as openness, according to Katherine A. MacLean, PhD, and colleagues at Johns Hopkins University.

They found no adverse effects from the drug exposure."
Back to top Go down
Lifetime

Contribution Points : 102278
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Maybe Eric should have taken this drug instead of Luvox...   Maybe Eric should have taken this drug instead of Luvox... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:08 pm

I've done shrooms before..... I still feel like the same person. I've also done LSD which people say can change a person's personality and make them more open minded, again still feel like the same person.

I think the only time a drug like LSD or psilocybin can change a person is if you let it.

Contribution Points : 101516
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Maybe Eric should have taken this drug instead of Luvox...   Maybe Eric should have taken this drug instead of Luvox... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:15 am

Lifetime wrote:
I've done shrooms before..... I still feel like the same person. I've also done LSD which people say can change a person's personality and make them more open minded, again still feel like the same person.

I think the only time a drug like LSD or psilocybin can change a person is if you let it.

I think the study in question refers to the drugs being done under professional supervision. It would be ill-advisable for somebody suffering from depression to self-medicate. But as for you, there has likely been a change in your brain. The Serotonin receptor 2A (the one targeted by LSD and mushrooms) causes a release of BDNF which is thought to increase neuroplasticity in the neocortex causing some to dub LSD as a "smart drug". There are others too probably that I don't care to elaborate on.

But having done both drugs you listed, I can assure anyone that Eric or Dylan probably would have lost their shit -- nobody that young should be dabbling in psychedelics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe Eric should have taken this drug instead of Luvox...   Maybe Eric should have taken this drug instead of Luvox... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:27 am

I dont think, Erics main problem was the absence of being open to people, although I cant really point that out. Hallucinogen drugs often create euphoria, so maybe that would help him to see things in another light. But its also possible, that it only would strength up his feelings of omnipotence.
In case of Dylan, I think its not that unlikely, that hallucinogen drugs could lead him into a full psychosis.

I have done Mushrooms, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose and Salvia Divinorum. The Mushrooms and Hawaiian Baby Woodrose were not really psychedelic or "trippy", I just got very euphoric and relaxed. Salvia Divinorum, on the other hand, had very strong effects to me...on some trips, I heard voices, on other trips, I thought, that I was a time traveler, who have to commit a mission and that Salvia was not a drug, but an substance for time traveling, which was created by my initiator. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe Eric should have taken this drug instead of Luvox...   Maybe Eric should have taken this drug instead of Luvox... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maybe Eric should have taken this drug instead of Luvox...
Page 1 of 1