Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thoughts on Eric being on Luvox?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77620
Forum Reputation : 0

Thoughts on Eric being on Luvox? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Eric being on Luvox?   Thoughts on Eric being on Luvox? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 12:11 am

I'm curious what everyone's thoughts and opinions are in regards to Eric being on Luvox and how it could have affected his homicidal and suicidal thoughts? I realize that he stated in his diversion file that he was having these thoughts prior to being put on Luvox (correct me if I'm wrong).  I'm assuming it was sometime in mid to late April 1998 that he began taking the drug (he states that his doctor wants to give him something for his anger and thoughts on 4/21/98).

I know that we aren't pharmacological experts here, but drawing from my own personal experiences with antidepressants, particularly SSRI's (which Luvox is), I absolutely hated them.  I felt emotionally numb and less inhibited.  I found myself doing things that I would have never imagined  I'd do.  My inhibition was gone.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96691
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Eric being on Luvox?   Thoughts on Eric being on Luvox? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 12:31 am

I think it made him at least slightly worse.It made him more restless and depressed,more hopeless.I think that Eric went into his treatment with an openness and a small sense at hope at first but after a few months when nothing changed and he felt worse or at least no better ,he gave up on it and went back to relying on himself.His own way of coping and thinking about things.
I believe there is a drug out there that could have helped him but I'm not sure what it would have been.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101188
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Eric being on Luvox?   Thoughts on Eric being on Luvox? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:46 am

If you're interested, some of us got into this subject [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a good while back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Eric being on Luvox?   Thoughts on Eric being on Luvox? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Eric being on Luvox?
Page 1 of 1