Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"

Go down 
+5
radaddio
eli27
browneyes11
lasttrain
LPorter101
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 152187
Forum Reputation : 2754

"Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Empty
PostSubject: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 12:53 pm

Oh, yeah?

Eric Harris wrote:
Everyone is always making fun of me because of how I look, how fucking weak I am and shit, well I will get you all back: ultimate fucking revenge here. you people could have shown more respect, treated me better, asked for my knowledge or guidence more, treated me more like senior, and maybe I wouldn't have been as ready to tear your fucking heads off. then again, I have always hated how I looked, I make fun of people who look like me, sometimes without even thinking sometimes just because I want to rip on myself. Thats where a lot of my hate grows from, the fact that I have practically no selfesteem, especially concerning girls and looks and such. therefore people make fun of me... constantly... therefore I get no respect and therefore I get fucking PISSED.

"Everybody with white hats, stand up! This is for all the shit you've given us for the past four years!" — Dylan Klebold, as he entered the library

Harris recalls how he moved around so much with his military family and always had to start over, “at the bottom of the ladder.” People continually made fun of him – “my face, my hair, my shirts.”

As for Klebold, “If you could see all the anger I’ve stored over the past four fucking years…” he says. His brother Byron was popular and athletic and constantly “ripped” on him, as did the brother’s friends. Except for his parents, Klebold says, his extended family treated him like the runt of the litter. “You made me what I am,” he said. “You added to the rage.” As far back as the Foothills Day Care center, he hated the “stuck-up” kids he felt hated him. “Being shy didn’t help,” he admits. “I’m going to kill you all. You’ve been giving us shit for years."

QuestionMark, johncena and NEXT STEP UP like this post

Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102613
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 1:18 pm

That's all you got LPorter?  One line about a shirt, and Dylan reaching back to his Day Care Center to justify killing 500 high school students?

That seems pretty thin evidence to me, and I could quote you thousands of words that support my theory of a grandiose narcissistic killing driven by mental illness.

johncena and NEXT STEP UP dislike this post

Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 85069
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 1:26 pm

lasttrain wrote:
That's all you got LPorter?  One line about a shirt, and Dylan reaching back to his Day Care Center to justify killing 500 high school students?

That seems pretty thin evidence to me, and I could quote you thousands of words that support my theory of a grandiose narcissistic killing driven by mental illness.

Nothing is going to justify what they had planned to do. Period.
Did they believe their actions were justified? Obviously they did

I'd be interested to see what you've come up with. Quote away

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 84007
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 1:33 pm

lasttrain wrote:
I could quote you thousands of words that support my theory of a grandiose narcissistic killing driven by mental illness.

Go on then.

P.s Cullen lies don't count.

Contribution Points : 83840
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 1:36 pm

Quotes form the FBI analyst done count either.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 84007
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 4:09 pm

radaddio wrote:
Quotes form the FBI analyst done count either.

Lasttrain is screwed then. Very Happy

Contribution Points : 103197
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 12:08 am

We all know Eric and Dylan were bullied (except Lasttrain, who I strongly suspect he has ties with Cullen, or is Cullen himself). It just wasn't their main motive on why they went NBK.
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 80161
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 9:50 am

don't forget that the girl on the news after he massacre said

"He put the gun in my face and started laughing and said this was all because people were mean to him last year"

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 152187
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 10:55 am

CharlesWhitman wrote:

"He put the gun in my face and started laughing and said this was all because people were mean to him last year"

Cullen spends a lot of time in his book trying to tell us that Bree Pasquale was full of shit ... I wonder why?

Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79278
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 8:39 am

They also told everyone to stand up and none of the people they killed bullied them.

Its an open question wether or not they were bullied or to what extent. The shooting didnt happen because they were bullied, but it might have been a factor.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 8:43 am

Theres research on school shooters and why they do it. Theres no single cause for explanation. Its complicated. Bullying cant be ruled out as a factor, yet, combined with so many other things.

venustriste likes this post

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 8:51 am

Archvile wrote:

IDK how many quotes people can take out of context, but the one with white hats are the most interesting.

They said plenty of stuff. They told everyone with white hats to stand up before they told everyone to stand up. They let one jock survive,even. It was a random shooting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 4:59 pm

As mentioned above, I do not believe that the shooting was 100% revenge, but many factors that also contributed and harassment could be one of them. people usually believe that all school shootings are for some kind of "revenge" for bullying or something like that when it is something really uncertain, since each one has its own context.
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 61339
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 7:08 pm

Most people's default when it comes to school shootings is revenge as so many shooters were bullied in school and so could carry out an attack for revenge.

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 7:29 pm

The reason why they rarely talked about having been bullied might be as simple as this: people generally don’t like to talk about something they consider humiliating or embarrassing. I don’t believe they were, as Brooks put it, “the lowest of the low”, but Columbine really didn’t seem like a welcoming place for non-jock students. Having said that, I’m not sure how much bullying contributed to their dissatisfaction with life and their hatred of humanity. Would they have shot up their school if its social environment had been more friendly? IDK. I lean more towards yes, though. Maybe that’s just me.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 7:59 am

lognifiiskurk wrote:
Most people's default when it comes to school shootings is revenge as so many shooters were bullied in school and so could carry out an attack for revenge.

These are the facts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In any case they have been bullied, its not a single cause for explanation.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 2:14 pm

There could be Tons of reasons why they hardly mention bullying, but I feel like its difficult to tell
Many of their closest friends said that they never did see any Bullying. Some claimed that Eric was more harassed than Dylan. Some claimed both were bullied.

What matters is that they both had serious problems. Dont get me wrong; bullying is horrible, and the consequences can be devastating.

I get the impression that it was especially rampant at Columbine(sources Regina Huerter report). But the statements from Eric and Dylans friends are so conflicting IDK what to think.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 7:28 pm

Guest wrote:
The reason why they rarely talked about having been bullied might be as simple as this: people generally don’t like to talk about something they consider humiliating or embarrassing. I don’t believe they were, as Brooks put it, “the lowest of the low”, but Columbine really didn’t seem like a welcoming place for non-jock students. Having said that, I’m not sure how much bullying contributed to their dissatisfaction with life and their hatred of humanity. Would they have shot up their school if its social environment had been more friendly? IDK. I lean more towards yes, though. Maybe that’s just me.

I just read parts of Larkins book. From what I understand, the bullying was mostly directed towards the outcast students, and that the overall majority of the population in that school did not really percieve bullying to be a problem. Of course, Bullying is wrong no matter what. Yet, that has left me question wether or not it was directed towards the outcasts at the school. Im also aware that Langman argues that many of the more prominent bullies graduated before 1999. As far as their friends goes, Robin Anderson says that she never did see any bullying towards Eric and Dylan. Chris Morris and a few other friends did claim that either both of them got picked on, or only Eric got picked on. I havent read all of Larkins book, and Im sure that he has some great interviews. Most of this is taken from Columbine organized by theme. There are some references I found highy questionable. Does it make any sense that Harris and Klebold wore swastikas on their Trench Coats? I cant make sense out of that. Also, a lot of people confused Klebold with another person. It could be interesting to read more of Larkins book, as Ive tried looking for interviews of their friends and close associates aswell as expert opinions( except for Peter Langmann).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"   "Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Eric and Dylan never said they were bullied"
Page 1 of 1