Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied

Go down 
+3
aquillina
shades
LPorter101
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 152162
Forum Reputation : 2754

DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied Empty
PostSubject: DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied   DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 11:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dave Cullen, whose book “Columbine” DeAngelis recommended, noted that the popular narrative that the Columbine shooters were bullied loners is also wrong.

LPorter, who would never recommend Dave Cullen's book to anyone, noted that the popular notion that Dave Cullen knows shit from shinola is dead wrong.

shades

Contribution Points : 80136
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied   DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:01 am

I'm confused. And so bored of him.

Contribution Points : 73773
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied   DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:32 am

I'm just as confused too.

shades

Contribution Points : 80136
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied   DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96966
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied   DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 3:40 am

He's never going to admit it.To admit that, would be to admit that he and his staff failed on the job and it had been that way for a very long time.It was a systemic failure.

Plus, I'm sure that he has likely convinced himself he did nothing wrong or his performance wasn't lacking.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski

johncena likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96574
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied   DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 8:39 am

Maybe he is delusional and truly had no idea bullying was going on... I mean prior to the massacre would he have even recognized Eric or Dylan as students if he saw them on the street? Probably not. DeAngelis has his head up his ass because the air smells sweeter to him there. He can keep his rose colored glasses if he wants. I despise him trying to use Sanders in some kind of guilt trippy type testimony. He makes me sick

Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79253
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied   DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 4:02 pm

OT, but I believe DeAngelis came out with a book 'They call me mister D'. Ill post it I can find
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied   DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 6:19 pm

I thought I might learn something new from hes perspective, so this will be interesting
Back to top Go down
AZ20

Contribution Points : 35455
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied   DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 8:33 pm

Yeah, I'll call him Mr. D, alright...as in dickhead. Just saying, he actually wrote a book?
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied   DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 9:09 pm

AZ20 wrote:
Yeah, I'll call him Mr. D, alright...as in dickhead. Just saying, he actually wrote a book?

'They call me mister D'..

I think much of the difficulty is that bullying happens under the absense of adult supervision,but I fully agree that too many adults are not good at doing enough.

I think a lot of people used to have this idea that it will pass or they Just dont want to deal with it.

For the most part that is true. The bullies usually outgrow theire bullying ways. But both the bully and the bullied are oftentimes affected by this in the aftermath. When you studies that show clear links between adolescent bullying and criminal behaviour later in life, and when we know Just how immensely it might affect the targets later in life, according to the same studies, than its relevant to address this like it is.

This isnt directed towards DeAngelis or anyone in particular. Just a random thought that I feel like my own home country have started to do better on this. Which is long overdue. When a child is being bullied it affects plenty of people. It affects society.

ValiantSoldier likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied   DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DeAngelis: Eric and Dylan weren't bullied
Page 1 of 1