Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CHS student shares memories of Dylan

Go down 
+3
radaddio
Sabratha
PaintItBlack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

CHS student shares memories of Dylan Empty
PostSubject: CHS student shares memories of Dylan   CHS student shares memories of Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 12:54 am

What he said wasn't complimentary but here goes:

What I remember about Klebold. He was tall, like 6’4 and he dressed really weird. combat boots, sunglasses, kmfdm shirts. I remember not knowing what kmfdm was. He was awkward looking, kind of unnattractive I guess.
I remember the teacher making him do bear crawls for being late to class constantly.
We played this no rules dodge ball game. It was just every man for himself, with like 50 or 60 kids. Him and this really scrawny kid were last and the scrawny kid beat him. for some reason I won’t forget that.”

And he goes on saying :
“My perception of Dylan, who was the one I was aware of before the shooting, was just as a pretty intimidating guy. I was a freshman and he was a senior so that has a lot to do with it probably. He wore aggressive clothes, combat boots sunglasses and just had a strange “look” to him. I remember the perception of them as being somewhat “off.””

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97615
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: CHS student shares memories of Dylan   CHS student shares memories of Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 6:27 am

PaintItBlack wrote:

We played this no rules dodge ball game. It was just every man for himself, with like 50 or 60 kids. Him and this really scrawny kid were last and the scrawny kid beat him. for some reason I won’t forget that.”

Eric the dodgeball master? Suspect

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83440
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: CHS student shares memories of Dylan   CHS student shares memories of Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 10:25 am

I think dodge ball is still banned in America.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101274
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: CHS student shares memories of Dylan   CHS student shares memories of Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 11:17 am

radaddio wrote:
I think dodge ball is still banned in America.

really?

here in germany we had to play it very often.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: CHS student shares memories of Dylan   CHS student shares memories of Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 12:38 pm

I remember there was a lot of controversy over the sport, and how it singled out the weak, hurt people etc. *rolls eyes*

That may have changed, though. The news agencies in the United States tend to pick a new boogeyman every month, and dodge ball was the bad guy for a while.

I was never an athletic kid, and I loved playing it on rainy days in the gym : )
Back to top Go down
ellie z

Contribution Points : 82367
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: CHS student shares memories of Dylan   CHS student shares memories of Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 4:03 pm

The kids at our school play a game where a few kids stand in the middle of the gym with balls and throw them at the kids running in a circle around them. Seems worse than dodge ball to me but I assumed they changed the rules to get around the no dodge ball rule.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90024

PostSubject: Re: CHS student shares memories of Dylan   CHS student shares memories of Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 10:29 pm

radaddio wrote:
I remember there was a lot of controversy over the sport, and how it singled out the weak, hurt people etc. *rolls eyes*

That may have changed, though. The news agencies in the United States tend to pick a new boogeyman every month, and dodge ball was the bad guy for a while.

I was never an athletic kid, and I loved playing it on rainy days in the gym : )

They started using special balls made of foam at my high school because a girl in a class above me ran up to a smaller weaker girl and slammed a regular playground ball at her face at such close range and with so much force the smaller girl's nose was broken. We never were supposed to aim for the head or groin but people would anyway and claim it was an "accident."
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: CHS student shares memories of Dylan   CHS student shares memories of Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 10:59 pm

Ugh, leave it to the dick bags of this world to find a way to hurt others with a fun game.

I don't even know how you could wind up a red rubber ball enough to break someone's nose. That sucks...
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90024

PostSubject: Re: CHS student shares memories of Dylan   CHS student shares memories of Dylan Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 12:14 pm

She ran up to her holding it and essentially slugged her in the face with the ball with the whole force of her body. It does suck, but at least the girl who did it got expelled and had to pay what insurance didn't cover of the girl's medical bill.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: CHS student shares memories of Dylan   CHS student shares memories of Dylan Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 12:55 pm

Something similar happened at my school. Some kids were "wrestling" in PE and the smaller kid ended up with a broken femur. The school chalked the whole incident up to "boys being boys". No one had to pay or admit fault, and the kid had a broken leg for months.
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102797
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: CHS student shares memories of Dylan   CHS student shares memories of Dylan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 2:28 am

[quote="Sabratha"]
PaintItBlack wrote:

I loved Dexter's Lab.

Also, the reddit user who made that was obviously confused. Dylan was certainly not a senior. He had to be a junior. If I recall, Dylan absolutely hated P.E in his junior year, and was in danger of failing and was *always late* as said in the Diversion Files (and confirmed by this poster saying that Dylan had to do bear crawls). I believe when you are a senior at Columbine you can option out PE for swimming, bowling, etc. Dylan and Eric picked bowling because they bowled in their senior year. They didn't take P.E that year.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97615
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: CHS student shares memories of Dylan   CHS student shares memories of Dylan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 8:46 am

radaddio wrote:

Played a lot of didgeball in school. Trust me, its not something wrong with dodgeball, its with the mentality of the people. If someone is disliked and kids want to single him/her out and hame him/her suffer, they will in any such game. I played football (aka soccer for you USAsians) with some peeps in primary school who were not my big fans. People can be very rough within the borders of any such team sport if they want.

On the otehr hand, played a ton of dodgeball and football and basketball with people in HS who were all pretty normal. We all had no-nonsense fun (well most of the time, weather here can be shitty) even in supposedly "evil" games like dodgeball.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHS student shares memories of Dylan   CHS student shares memories of Dylan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHS student shares memories of Dylan
Page 1 of 1