Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology

Go down 
+5
deathmedic
Freezingmoon
bubbles
Lizpuff
shades
9 posters
AuthorMessage
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79861
Forum Reputation : 38

If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Empty
PostSubject: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 10:15 pm

Today's gadgets, apps, the internet, easy accesses, etc, we know what I mean.

Would it have been more tolerable or easier for the boys (in terms of having many and free platforms for their thoughts/ideas/or to kill time),
or would it have been a more dangerous opportunity to execute their plan as they could utilise all the things we have today.

P/S and as a side blurb have you guys ever thought what the boys would've liked and hated of the stuff put out currently? music/movies/games

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96299
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 8:38 am

I wonder what Eric would think of cell phones. He seemed to not like them at the time but now they are everywhere.

bubbles

Contribution Points : 75142
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 8:52 am

Why do I get the feeling that Eric would be an avid Tinder user? He was always chasing after girls.

On another note, has anyone else here pondered if a lot of E&D's anger stemmed from sexual frustration? I have wondered if their bleak outlook on the world might have changed somewhat if they had been getting some. Not meaning to over-simplify everything as I know both boys were clearly very mentally disturbed, but I do wonder what difference, if any, it would have made had they both maintained an active sex life.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96299
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 9:07 am

bubbles wrote:
Why do I get the feeling that Eric would be an avid Tinder user? He was always chasing after girls.

On another note, has anyone else here pondered if a lot of E&D's anger stemmed from sexual frustration? I have wondered if their bleak outlook on the world might have changed somewhat if they had been getting some. Not meaning to over-simplify everything as I know both boys were clearly very mentally disturbed, but I do wonder what difference, if any, it would have made had they both maintained an active sex life.

Yea there is quite a bit of speculation about this on this forum.

Personally I think it would have helped for a bit maybe.
Dylan- I think he was looking for something that didn't exist really. The perfect girl. Could anyone have lived up to that IDK...
But I think if he did find someone and she somehow broke up with him for any reason he would take it really hard and it would vamp up his depression

Eric-I have never seen so many girls break up with the same guy before because of the same reason...that he was odd lol. In any case I think Eric would have need to have found a girl who could carry on a real conversation and I have seen people say he was or could be shallow too.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77620

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 9:41 am

I don't think today's modern technology would have made a difference.  Sure, it would have provided more opportunities, but in the end, mental illness is mental illness.  When you're that mentally disturbed, maintaining a relationship is too difficult. Eric would have had an easier time finding girls, but would still have difficulty keeping them around.  Once they sensed his mental issues they would break it off and this would leave him feeling rejected and add more fuel to the fire. Same with Dylan.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101999
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 10:05 am

I think they would have got caught if they tried to do it now. Eric was posting shit that would get the PD called in a heartbeat now.
Back to top Go down
nabz

nabz

Contribution Points : 73768

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 12:47 pm

It's really hard to know, i'm thinking one of their main motives was to "lead the way" sort of speak for others to follow their idea of a deathly revenge, the thing is that maybe shootings like Heritage High School or Virginia Tech might not have happened.

Internet it was nothing like it is today, maybe they could've found the respect they wanted by being good modders or gamers, since most of bullied guys find comfort over online games nowadays.

Maybe they could have gotten the help they needed or being totally worse and instead of taking the lives of 13 innocent people with them end up taking a lot more.

We really don't know and will never do.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 1:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "i'm thinking one of their main motives was to "lead the way" sort of speak for others to follow their idea of a deathly revenge, the thing is that maybe shootings like Heritage High School or Virginia Tech might not have happened.

Internet it was nothing like it is today, maybe they could've found the respect they wanted by being good modders or gamers, since most of bullied guys find comfort over online games nowadays.

Maybe they could have gotten the help they needed or being totally worse and instead of taking the lives of 13 innocent people with them end up taking a lot more."

Good insight. afterall I heard on a podcast that described Columbine as the micro-event that changed America. it's almost inevitable for Columbine to be brought up each time a school shooting happened. In a way, the boys really got what they wanted.

shades

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 1:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] i feel like Eric is the type who'd lose his head if the girl he had slept with doesn't return his calls the next day. Like, he'd feel she owes it to him to be with him all the time as he's swiped his v-card with her, idk lol. Some people regard sex a really deep and important thing.

nabz

Contribution Points : 73768

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Quote :
Good insight. afterall I heard on a podcast that described Columbine as the micro-event that changed America. it's almost inevitable for Columbine to be brought up each time a school shooting happened. In a way, the boys really got what they wanted.

Maybe not the revolution they wanted to promote but they sure gave the inspiration to copycats and got a lot of fans that empathize with them, not with what they did (i hope).
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105538
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 3:33 pm

The crazy thing is, there are Eric and Dylans out there in highschools as we speak.
It's just that the fact that cops are now supposed to go right into a shooting, and with technology,
it would most likley be alot faster to figure out where and who a suspect was, makes it harder to pull off.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 3:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] true. much faster. students would live tweet and snapchat a lockdown etc. infact shooters would put out posts telling their comrades not to go to school cuz they'd be doing a shootout the next day, or a scenario like that.
which is another thing that makes Columbine almost legendary - it occurred during a time where the use of cellphones and such was mild and not everybody had such access.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Contribution Points : 80672

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 12:48 am

it wouldnt change anything,speaking of it what we could see or learn.We would have more footage and information such as web pages,but the rest,it would be the same.
there's still mass shootings going off,isnt it?

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 9:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I was just wondering how different it would all be for Eric and Dylan. If they had the privileges teens today have

Contribution Points : 101999
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 9:39 am

If it happened today we would have everything we wanted... Their basement tapes would have beep uploaded to youtube by them, there would be footage of from in the library there would be WAY more pics of everything, Hell I would be willing to say they might have even ran with GoPro cameras on to a live stream somewhere.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 3:31 am

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I was just wondering how different it would all be for Eric and Dylan. If they had the privileges teens today have

what kind of privileges?

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 6:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm thinking smartphones maybe, a platform online to put their thoughts to words - sometimes all people need is a way to express their fantasies or rage that wouldn't resort to them acting it out in real life...I'm not focusing mainly on the committing the massacre, but how it would have shaped them up as growing teens if they were teenagers of today. Kids now are very protected and spoilt, entertaining themselves in the comfort of their own zone with what technology today can offer.

CaptainMidnight

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 2:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
huh.understood.
maybe they could've find some ppl to hang with,like,today is relatively easy to do this,and thinking a little further,find gfs.

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118908
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 2:41 am

deathmedic wrote:
If it happened today we would have everything we wanted... Their basement tapes would have beep uploaded to youtube by them, there would be footage of from in the library there would be WAY more pics of everything, Hell I would be willing to say they might have even ran with GoPro cameras on to a live stream somewhere.
How would we have footage and/or pictures from inside the Library? I agree with the Basement Tapes probably being uploaded to YT, like what Elliot Roger did, but having more photos and CCTV footage? I don't see how.

Sandy Hook happened recently and so did the Aurora shooting and there is hardly anything on those two shooting when it comes to videos and pictures.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 9:29 am

liquorvamp wrote:
Today's gadgets, apps, the internet, easy accesses, etc, we know what I mean.

Would it have been more tolerable or easier for the boys (in terms of having many and free platforms for their thoughts/ideas/or to kill time),
or would it have been a more dangerous opportunity to execute their plan as they could utilise all the things we have today.

P/S and as a side blurb have you guys ever thought what the boys would've liked and hated of the stuff put out currently? music/movies/games

I don't see the point really to speculate on something so irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 12:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If you're so adamant about not discussing things or having an open mind then why are you the only one everywhere pointing that out. Why don't you just not say anything and move on? geez

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If you're so adamant about not discussing things or having an open mind then why are you the only one everywhere pointing that out. Why don't you just not say anything and move on? geez

OMG is that NOT EXACTLY what I said to you in my original thread?!?!? Talk about mature...

You like to dish it out but can't take it. Take your previous advice and smoke some weed...you need it. I love you

P.S. I'm everywhere pointing things out? I think I've responded twice to 2 of your topics before you decided to go weird. I take back my previous advice for you to smoke some weed, you've clearly had too much, sweetie. And I'm done with any discussions or back and forth with you. I can't with the crazy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 9:33 am

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] true. much faster. students would live tweet and snapchat a lockdown etc. infact shooters would put out posts telling their comrades not to go to school cuz they'd be doing a shootout the next day, or a scenario like that.
which is another thing that makes Columbine almost legendary - it occurred during a time where the use of cellphones and such was mild and not everybody had such access.
Agree. I think, that adds to the mystery. It wouldn't be the same today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology   If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Eric and Dylan were teens living modern day Social Media/Technology
Page 1 of 1