Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Macabre Thought...

Go down 
+2
Nirvana92
ThoughtBox
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83946
Forum Reputation : 13

A Macabre Thought... Empty
PostSubject: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 1:44 pm

For all you Columbiners out there, I was thinking, if one could ascertain the certain section of books in the library where Eric shot himself, and figure out through whatever records the Dewey decimal system in the layout of the library, one could perhaps be able to locate some of the books which may have been spattered with Eric's blood/brains. Though many of the "worst" books were likely thrown out or whatever and replaced, it's theoretically possible that books even today in the CHS library system may still have some of Eric's DNA on them.  Just a thought.....

It's weird the type of shit you think about randomly when you're in this forum long enough. Idea

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD

Last edited by ThoughtBox on Sat May 21, 2016 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83239
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 2:05 pm

I very much doubt that this would be possible. They would have cleared that entire shelf of books while cleaning the crime scene, and any that did have Eric's blood on them would have been disposed of. Can you imagine the shit storm that would have come from a kid finding blood or brain matter on their library book? It wouldn't even be worth the risk especially since frivolous lawsuits were being thrown around left and right. If they were willing to rebuild the entire library then there's no reason to think they wouldn't have just replaced the tainted books.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 2:28 pm

I agree, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I'm just saying that perhaps some books may have escaped immediate notice, maybe only had very little on them. I don't think they just threw out every single book on the whole bookshelf though.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79761
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 2:52 pm

I strongly believe there's at least a couple with the tiniest, most TINIEST, microscopic drop of his blood. Extremeeeeeely tiny though.
Like in a way it is there but nobody knew at all. In fact if we had that book we wouldn't even know unless like you said, do a cross reference and figure out the books in that library.

there's someone on tumblr who claims knows someone who said has the glass particles of the library window with patrick ireland's blood on it with a picture of it. Initially i doubted that it's true. Either way it's been reblogged many times and people believe it. Is that possible?
Is it and so, has it been possible the entire time that people had souvenirs of the damages that day?

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83239
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 3:08 pm

Well there's that story from a guy who claims to have toured the library with his mom as part of her therapy in the weeks after the attack. Supposedly he took some glass from the scene. No one is sure if the story is true or not. Honestly if it wasnt taken by an officer then I doubt it happened. The library was locked down tight after the attack, and I'm sure any civilians who did enter were watched like hawks. That's one of the reasons I doubt any books in the vicinity of Eric's corpse were kept. The community was very worried about people profiting off the massacre. Just look at how much shit came from the whole "buy Klebold's car" fiasco.

Is it possible? Of course. I just don't think its likely. Even then like you guys said it would be microscopic flakes of DNA. Anything with obvious splatter would have been disposed of. Seeing as how its been 17 years and Eric is dead/cremated it'd be impossible to test for DNA and get a positive conclusion. At least not without JeffCo providing a known sample of Eric's DNA or the DNA records taken during the investigation to cross reference. I'd assume asking them for help on something like that wouldn't go over well at all..
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 3:45 pm

I don't think that story is true, hence it's annoying me that I don't know if anyone really kept any of the damages that day at all or even how. I might believe people selling some of Eric or Dylan's belongings (the same person who posted the picture of the library window glass also claimed he had a KMFDM cd that belonged to Eric sold from his friend, alongside a torn page from his journal) but the carnage from the massacre? Like what, an officer would've taken them?
Lol yeah, I remember that whole thing with Dylan's car.

eli27

Contribution Points : 83607
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 5:27 pm

I highly doubt it. Whether it be because the books were taken into evidence, disposed of, lost/removed within the time of the library being closed and reopened, or just replaced at some point between 1999 and now, the chances of any of the books with DNA/blood from the suicides on them still being available in the library today is very unlikely.

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105438
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 11:38 pm

Nirvana92 wrote:
Well there's that story from a guy who claims to have toured the library with his mom as part of her therapy in the weeks after the attack. Supposedly he took some glass from the scene. No one is sure if the story is true or not. Honestly if it wasnt taken by an officer then I doubt it happened. The library was locked down tight after the attack, and I'm sure any civilians who did enter were watched like hawks. That's one of the reasons I doubt any books in the vicinity of Eric's corpse were kept. The community was very worried about people profiting off the massacre. Just look at how much shit came from the whole "buy Klebold's car" fiasco.

Is it possible? Of course. I just don't think its likely. Even then like you guys said it would be microscopic flakes of DNA. Anything with obvious splatter would have been disposed of. Seeing as how its been 17 years and Eric is dead/cremated it'd be impossible to test for DNA and get a positive conclusion. At least not without JeffCo providing a known sample of Eric's DNA or the DNA records taken during the investigation to cross reference. I'd assume asking them for help on something like that wouldn't go over well at all..

Pretty sure that story is fake. I'd assume the police would be watching everyone's every move. It is kind of a funny thought though, to have a kid open a book and a dried piece of brain falls out Razz .
Chances are they probably disposed of the whole shelve of books after keeping them in evidence for awhile.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 12:18 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
I don't think that story is true, hence it's annoying me that I don't know if anyone really kept any of the damages that day at all or even how. I might believe people selling some of Eric or Dylan's belongings (the same person who posted the picture of the library window glass also claimed he had a KMFDM cd that belonged to Eric sold from his friend, alongside a torn page from his journal) but the carnage from the massacre? Like what, an officer would've taken them?
Lol yeah, I remember that whole thing with Dylan's car.

I think that "touring the library" story (which was very poorly written, IIRC) was debunked as total bullshit.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 12:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it's total bullshit however a crime tumblr that seems legit enough have posted pictures of things claimed to have belonged to eric, taken from his friends and then sold to said person. That's probably believable BUT the one of the broken window glass with Pat's blood on it is the one I'm wondering. Who would've taken those pieces? Police? And then kept and sold? that'd be weird. Should I post a picture?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
That's suppose to be patrick ireland's blood. Poster said she "can't disclose how she obtained it"
source: X

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 1:23 pm

After the massacre a company was brought in to board over the windows. I assume at that point in time or right around there the rest of the glass would have been removed. I also assume that if any thing had any sort of evidence on it, it would have been retained and then properly disposed of.

I side eye tumblr items most of the time.

shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 1:37 pm

so.....someone in charge there, thought to sell or share it out than dispose of it you think?

I doubted her initially, but she and the rest of the community stand by that it's legit so, i'm just shrugging.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 1:59 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
so.....someone in charge there, thought to sell or share it out than dispose of it you think?

I doubted her initially, but she and the rest of the community stand by that it's legit so, i'm just shrugging.

I don't know really. Maybe? Also maybe she/someone else found their way someplace where they should not have been and picked it up off the ground? That could explain why she won't mention where she got it.

That is if it is legit. And there really is no real way to find out.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 2:04 pm

I highly doubt it's authentic, there's no real way though of proving it one way or the other.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Macabre Thought...   A Macabre Thought... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Macabre Thought...
Page 1 of 1