Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how do you think the boys thought during the massacre?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
disclonis

disclonis

Contribution Points : 22750
Forum Reputation : 0

how do you think the boys thought during the massacre? Empty
PostSubject: how do you think the boys thought during the massacre?   how do you think the boys thought during the massacre? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2022 9:23 pm

sorry if this is an overdone question, i'd just really like to get others opinions on how they think the boys thought during the massacre/what was going through their heads at the time, specifically eric's. whenever i try to think a lot about it, my mind almost draws a blank.

also, do you think there were any moments where they regretted what they were doing but felt they were "in too deep"? like felt remorse? and if so, do you believe that could've also caused eric to be the first to take his own life or was it just because he wanted to get it through and over with?
why do you think they spared someone as well specifically? even though iirc one told the other to kill her (can't remember the name for the life of me, i'm sorry) and in addition to that do you think eric was still under the idea the bombs were going to demolish the library/school?
do you think that eric breaking his nose had any affect on his thought process too, like "knocking him back to reality"?
what do people think about when they were just roaming the halls, as well? was it just to waste time before their inevitable deaths?
do you believe that the bombs failing to go off severely affected their egos/ideas of their "ideal massacre"?
do you think they enjoyed killing people or was it all just an act (them feigning enjoyment)? do you think they were satisfied with the amount of destruction/death? and do you think the massacre even made them feel any better about themselves in the first place?
how do you think they thought the massacre was going to go? do you believe it would've stuck to the plan they made strictly or were they prepared for anything else?
how do you think they perceived their suicides, too? especially right before they were going to die. did you think they saw it as a release, cop out, or something they had to eventually do? (i know the answer is probably different for each of them)
do you also think the massacre was something they saw they had to do?
and ultimately what do you think their last thoughts were? i know we will never have an actual answer to this question, nor one that probably seems likely as anything could be going through their heads, but i'd like to know others personal opinions! Surprised

and anything else that you can think of regarding it. i am sort of new to the columbine discussion, and trying to make sense of their plan is the hardest for me. answers why will always be mixed i believe, and i don't think there is one right answer. sorry if that's an overwhelming amount to ask though, i'd just like people's general rundown as to what they were thinking, why, and how the events affected them before their deaths. eric's case perplexes me the most honestly, especially since how he's portrayed by the media. do you think the portrayals are true? shoot any theories you have! i'd love to hear them all. bounce
Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 39546
Forum Reputation : 731

PostSubject: Re: how do you think the boys thought during the massacre?   how do you think the boys thought during the massacre? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2022 11:08 pm

I think this question is redundant. Eric and Dylan were clearly enjoying themselves during the massacre, their excitement only started to dissipate after Eric broke his nose. After the library massacre they either would've been satisfied or disappointed with the damage they had done. Either way, their goal had been accomplished and all that was left for them was to end it. But because they're dead, we'll never truly know what they felt in their final moments.

Engel and disclonis like this post

Back to top Go down
disclonis

disclonis

Contribution Points : 22750

PostSubject: Re: how do you think the boys thought during the massacre?   how do you think the boys thought during the massacre? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 12:19 am

Mr Bubbless wrote:
I think this question is redundant. Eric and Dylan were clearly enjoying themselves during the massacre, their excitement only started to dissipate after Eric broke his nose. After the library massacre they either would've been satisfied or disappointed with the damage they had done. Either way, their goal had been accomplished and all that was left for them was to end it. But because they're dead, we'll never truly know what they felt in their final moments.

i'm really sorry that this is a redundant question or asked a lot. it wasn't really my intention to beat a dead horse sort of, haha.
i agree with a lot of what you said though, and thank you for telling me about your opinion. i don't think they would've went through with it if they didn't enjoy it to some degree. i'd think though that, at least for eric, they were probably dissatisfied with the amount of destruction if that's not messed up to say. i don't think it hardly fit their vision for how it'd play out, which is good.

and yeah, i feel like a lot of stuff will be kept as just speculation or theories forever since they've already died. there isn't a real answer to any of the questions i asked, i don't think. it's just good to see how other people think about it though, especially from an unbiased perspective. I love you

Mr Bubbless likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kommandant_Breivik

Kommandant_Breivik

Contribution Points : 21780

PostSubject: Re: how do you think the boys thought during the massacre?   how do you think the boys thought during the massacre? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 2:21 pm

Probably stress relief. ""Finallyyy..... payback"

Maybe some irritation the bombs didnt go off.
Back to top Go down
Cresearch

Cresearch

Contribution Points : 27039

PostSubject: Re: how do you think the boys thought during the massacre?   how do you think the boys thought during the massacre? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 3:01 pm

Eric was dissoriented from breaking his nose and was distracted by that and dylan wanted to die in the end
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you think the boys thought during the massacre?   how do you think the boys thought during the massacre? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do you think the boys thought during the massacre?
Page 1 of 1