Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.

Go down 
+60
gunsgobang
BlackandWhite
ButtPenis
scary.fairy
MorbidMatt
Smiggles94
sororityalpha
SaucyJimmy
CarelessLoner
afrrs
Lt. Stone
iforgotmyoldname2
Boogie
Ruby_
cc99
spinvault
Unknown
Wumselito
dhalia
04daviszoe
macks_ant86
Wildchild
shades
LPorter101
Giga143
Ericishuman
le4chainorc
JohnWillow
BehindZeroProxies
aperiogaming
Broken Angel
Juicy Jazzy
browneyes11
catyofthebanz
pess1mist
haydenschool
rkp
KreSade
Screamingophelia
QuestionMark
abstractsmigs
Ericklebold99
DooMRebel
TheGoodGuy
1985j
InsaneIntruder
knightzero
myshame
rabadon55
Ainjel
UncontinuedProcess
Daniel768
sscc
Tommy QTR
STK
W.A.R.
Krieg
Jea
Jenn
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
myshame

Contribution Points : 75519
Forum Reputation : 0

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 3:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Protesters in Tallahassee.
Back to top Go down

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 3:24 pm

"McGhee’s proposal was rejected in a 36-71 procedural vote, the Times reported. A Florida Senate committee, however, endorsed a proposal on Tuesday to put law enforcement officers in every school in the state."

Well that was over before it even got started.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 3:34 pm

"The NRA’s national spokeswoman, Dana Loesch, will come face to face with some of those survivors on Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET during a live town hall hosted by CNN. According to the network, the organization accepted its invitation to participate in the town hall and Loesch will attend the event, titled “Stand Up: The Students of Stoneman Douglas Demand Action.”

"Sens. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., and Bill Nelson, D-Fla., have also accepted the network’s invites to appear at the town hall, while Florida Gov. Rick Scott and President Trump declined. Trump is scheduled to host a “listening session” with members of communities touched by school gun violence at the White House on Wednesday afternoon."
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70873
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Hopefully they will allow kids that oppose gun control to speak aswell.

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 4:55 pm

W.A.R. wrote:

Highly doubtful.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70873
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 5:04 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

Highly doubtful.

Of course they wont

I was being tongue in cheek Haha
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 75519

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 5:06 pm

W.A.R. wrote:

They already have representatives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 5:06 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

Highly doubtful.

Of course they wont

I was being tongue in cheek Haha

LOL
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 9:55 pm

myshame wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

They already have representatives.

Really? I didn't think they would be going.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 10:04 pm

It is interesting, I remember right after Columbine and there was like a cloud of sadness and we had live footage of the funerals, we had the rousing song I know all the students LOVED "Columbine, friend of mine" Even hearing interviews from around that time people got angry later.

Now THIS shooting has pissed people off they have no time for your songs, they will make a change.

I find it interesting and I hope it can bring positive changes.

The night before I posted something about doing Rachel's challenge on FB then I wrote a sad quote from Dylans journal that morning on my FB to be an asshole... they both got a lot of likes.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
gunsgobang

Contribution Points : 76533

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
... then I wrote a sad quote from Dylans journal that morning on my FB to be an asshole...  they both got a lot of likes.

Ha. I did that, too. But, mine didn't get any likes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 10:51 pm

gunsgobang wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
... then I wrote a sad quote from Dylans journal that morning on my FB to be an asshole...  they both got a lot of likes.

Surprised

Sometimes I'm surprised at the amount of likes I get.

Which one did you do? I did the "I will find a love, maybe not in this life" one.

My friend was like "of course you will have a love one day SO..'and I said I know that already lol.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 99094
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 6:45 am

I notice Rachel Scott's family attended Trump's round table today, promoting Rachel's Challenge and no doubt sharing their experience as school shooting victims.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 7:08 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
gunsgobang wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Surprised

Which one did you do? I did the "I will find a love, maybe not in this life" one.

My friend was like "of course you will have a love one day SO..'and I said I know that already lol.

AWW your friend was trying to lift you up  I love you, and apparently the source of the quote was lost on them. Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 8:19 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
gunsgobang wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Surprised

AWW your friend was trying to lift you up  I love you, and apparently the source of the quote was lost on them. Haha

Completely, but it was sweet none the less!!

Did anyone see the Scott's last night on TV?
Back to top Go down
gunsgobang

Contribution Points : 76533

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 11:27 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
gunsgobang wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Surprised

I used "The lonely man strikes with absolute rage"
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 11:42 am

Deputies who guard schools in Broward county will now carry AR-15s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 11:47 am

sscc wrote:

WOW. The same gun that killed and terrorized them will now be used for their protection.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 12:14 pm

sscc wrote:

Seems a bit excessive tbh.

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 12:16 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
sscc wrote:

Seems a bit excessive tbh.

They are trying to appease the masses in some way.
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

Contribution Points : 58842
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 12:25 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
sscc wrote:

WOW. The same gun that killed and terrorized them will now be used for their protection.
what a twist.

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 12:40 pm

Jea wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
sscc wrote:

what a twist.

Indeed. These kids are fast learning about the concept of irony.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 1:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 1:31 pm

This kid has more red flags than Eric ever did...

Which angers me more because the school did a threat assessment... he was kicked out and still came back Sad

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 1:32 pm

From article-

"Nikolas Cruz's brother Zachary has been undergoing psychiatric evaluation at a mental hospital in Palm Beach since Friday
Chad Bennett, a friend of his caretaker Rocxanne Deschamps, said police were told, wrongly, that the 17-year-old would 'finish what his older brother started'

Deschamps, who took in school shooter Cruz and his brother after their mother died, is receiving threats from victims' parents, Bennett told DailyMail.com"

Zachary, who is not biologically related to Cruz DailyMail.com has been told, was adopted two years later
Cruz, Bennett says, appeared odd from the start while younger brother Zachary is a 'smart kid' who adores video games and socializing"

Poor kid, as if he wasn't going through enough? Also from this report is seems that they aren't even related. scratch

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

Agreed! Yet sadly they were still missed. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

Contribution Points : 67862

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 1:51 pm

...don't go on Tumblr, guys

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 1:54 pm

BlackandWhite wrote:

...don't go on Tumblr, guys

The things to be found on Tumblr no longer surprise me. Haha
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 1:58 pm

As an art-person I don't like to criticize someones work, but this pic is so fckng ugly, but maybe this was creator's main concept.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 1:59 pm

It’s not even shocking anymore....

Eric and Dylan did an awful thing but I understand the interest and end empathy to a certain point. I convinced my friend to watch Radioactive Clothing.. no biggie. Not edgy anymore to crack jokes at Eric’s expense or say you can empathize with Dylan.

This dude I don’t get.

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 2:45 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Poor kid, as if he wasn't going through enough? Also from this report is seems that they aren't even related. scratch  
The original story was that they shared a mother but had two different fathers. I wouldn't be surprised if that were true but they are trying to distance him from Cruz as much as possible.

Also, yet another Columbine parallel in this story, although I wonder if he actually said that he wanted to finish what Cruz started in this case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 2:52 pm

sscc wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
The original story was that they shared a mother but had two different fathers. I wouldn't be surprised if that were true but they are trying to distance him from Cruz as much as possible.

Also, yet another Columbine parallel in this story, although I wonder if he actually said that he wanted to finish what Cruz started in this case.

That was what I read at first too, that they had the same mother. But who knows with things like this? The media may have gotten it wrong from the start OR the family that took the kids in may be trying to put as much space between them as they can.  

Either way I feel this one is going to have a few twists and turns in it as we get farther along.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Jea wrote:
As an art-person I don't like to criticize someones work, but this pic is so fckng ugly, but maybe this was creator's main concept.
When you say art-person, do you mean that you enjoy art or that you are an artist? If so, have you ever done anything related to Columbine or other mass shootings? I find the art inspired by these sorts of events to be very interesting. We should really have an art thread like we do for fanfiction because there is a lot of stuff out there, especially related to Columbine and I'd be interested in seeing what the members here might have created.

(I think you have posted a couple of pieces of art here before made by others and I liked them. I also enjoy art with morbid themes.)
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 4:54 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Considering all the blatant red flags that were missed, I can't help but be reminded of the Sutherland Springs shooting a few moths ago.

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 4:57 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Considering all the blatant red flags that were missed, I can't help but be reminded of the Sutherland Springs shooting a few moths ago.

Yep. That was another one that pretty much walked around with a huge bright red flag with arrows pointing to him, and he was still able to go about his business that ended with killing innocent people. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124624
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 5:18 pm

History repeating itself once again:

The building where the Florida school shooting took place will be torn down

Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 5:19 pm

sscc wrote:
Jea wrote:
When you say art-person, do you mean that you enjoy art or that you are an artist? If so, have you ever done anything related to Columbine or other mass shootings? I find the art inspired by these sorts of events to be very interesting. We should really have an art thread like we do for fanfiction because there is a lot of stuff out there, especially related to Columbine and I'd be interested in seeing what the members here might have created.

(I think you have posted a couple of pieces of art here before made by others and I liked them. I also enjoy art with morbid themes.)
 I do enjoy art, but also I studied in Academy of Art and I'm photographer.
I'm totally support your idea to create an art thread here related to mass shootings, Columbine and etc.

DooMRebel

DooMRebel

Contribution Points : 63620

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 5:25 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

This really is becoming more and more like Columbine case

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 5:27 pm

DooMRebel wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

With one HUGE difference, the killer is still alive. Hopefully he can shed some light on why he chose to do this.
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

Contribution Points : 63620

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 5:34 pm

Did Nikolas Cruz had any kind of journal/diary?

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 5:35 pm

DooMRebel wrote:
Did Nikolas Cruz had any kind of journal/diary?

If he did, it hasn't been made known yet.
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 5:35 pm

someone mentioned this here, but I didn't find anything.

Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 5:39 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

With one HUGE difference, the killer is still alive. Hopefully he can shed some light on why he chose to do this.
I hope he wasn't inspired by Columbine!

Last edited by Jea on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Jea wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

I hope he want inspired by Columbine!

I'm still waiting for any type of motive to be released.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 5:59 pm

From article-

"A survivor of the massacre at Parkland, Florida’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School is accusing CNN of giving him scripted questions during Wednesday night’s town hall on gun violence.

Colton Haab told Miami’s local WPLG-TV that the network refused to allow him to raise his idea that schools consider employing U.S. military veterans as armed security guards and instead offered him canned questions.

“CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted,” Haab said, adding that he decided not to attend the event as a result.

“I expected to be able to ask my questions and give my opinion on my questions,” Haab told the station’s Janine Stanwood. “I don’t think that it’s going get anything accomplished. It’s not gonna ask the true questions that all the parents and teachers and students have.”

CNN has denied this, but makes you wonder who is telling the truth. scratch
Back to top Go down
cc99

cc99

Contribution Points : 64829

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 6:03 pm

Does anyone think the footage the police were viewing will ever be released?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124624
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 6:09 pm

Yes, probably some CCTV footage of him roaming around the stairway or whatever.
Back to top Go down
macks_ant86

macks_ant86

Contribution Points : 65421

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 6:58 pm

I think history is repeating itself. I have so much faith this should fix it. Rolling Eyes

With the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High shooting still looming large, its students in the Capitol to lobby for gun controls, the Florida House overwhelmingly passed a measure Wednesday its sponsor said aimed at bringing "light" to the schools.

The bill (HB 839) would require all public schools to post the state motto, "In God We Trust," in a "conspicuous place."

RELATED COVERAGE: NRA influential in Florida, but not through campaign money

Sponsor Rep. Kim Daniels, a Jacksonville Democrat who runs her own ministry, said Florida needed the legislation, given the goings on in the state.

"He is not a Republican or a Democrat. He is not black or white," Daniels said. "He is the light, and our schools need light in them like never before."

RELATED COVERAGE: Florida House declares pornography a health risk

She spoke directly of the school shooting, and said it's no secret that the state has "gun issues" that must be addressed.

"But the real thing that needs to be addressed are issues of the heart," Daniels said.

She mentioned video games as an example, saying children are being trained to become virtual assassins. Things might be getting so bad, Daniels suggested, that people will come to realize problems are much larger than politics.

"We cannot put God in a closet when the issues we face are bigger than us," she said, urging colleagues to back the bill.

The bill passed 97-10, with the result winning a standing ovation. The Senate has yet to take up a companion bill in any committees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 7:11 pm

macks_ant86 wrote:
I think history is repeating itself. I have so much faith this should fix it. Rolling Eyes

With the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High shooting still looming large, its students in the Capitol to lobby for gun controls, the Florida House overwhelmingly passed a measure Wednesday its sponsor said aimed at bringing "light" to the schools.

The bill (HB 839) would require all public schools to post the state motto, "In God We Trust," in a "conspicuous place."

Sponsor Rep. Kim Daniels, a Jacksonville Democrat who runs her own ministry, said Florida needed the legislation, given the goings on in the state.

"He is not a Republican or a Democrat. He is not black or white," Daniels said. "He is the light, and our schools need light in them like never before."

She spoke directly of the school shooting, and said it's no secret that the state has "gun issues" that must be addressed.

"But the real thing that needs to be addressed are issues of the heart," Daniels said.

She mentioned video games as an example, saying children are being trained to become virtual assassins. Things might be getting so bad, Daniels suggested, that people will come to realize problems are much larger than politics.

"We cannot put God in a closet when the issues we face are bigger than us," she said, urging colleagues to back the bill.

The bill passed 97-10, with the result winning a standing ovation. The Senate has yet to take up a companion bill in any committees.

Well this should make the debates more interesting. Pro gunners against Anti guns & Atheists against Religious folks. These combinations are gonna cause problems.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 7:26 pm

macks_ant86 wrote:

Did the nineties come back when I wasn't looking? I mean do they seriously think that putting religion in the school or banning violent video games is anything other than a feel good measure? Do these people need a history lesson on human violence in the past 500 years?

Last edited by QuestionMark on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.
Page 15 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next