Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.

Go down 
+60
gunsgobang
BlackandWhite
ButtPenis
scary.fairy
MorbidMatt
Smiggles94
sororityalpha
SaucyJimmy
CarelessLoner
afrrs
Lt. Stone
iforgotmyoldname2
Boogie
Ruby_
cc99
spinvault
Unknown
Wumselito
dhalia
04daviszoe
macks_ant86
Wildchild
shades
LPorter101
Giga143
Ericishuman
le4chainorc
JohnWillow
BehindZeroProxies
aperiogaming
Broken Angel
Juicy Jazzy
browneyes11
catyofthebanz
pess1mist
haydenschool
rkp
KreSade
Screamingophelia
QuestionMark
abstractsmigs
Ericklebold99
DooMRebel
TheGoodGuy
1985j
InsaneIntruder
knightzero
myshame
rabadon55
Ainjel
UncontinuedProcess
Daniel768
sscc
Tommy QTR
STK
W.A.R.
Krieg
Jea
Jenn
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 4:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"The woman who cared for accused Florida shooter Nikolas Cruz and his brother filed court papers seeking control of their inheritance just one day after the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

After their mother Lynda Cruz died from flu-related pneumonia last November, Cruz, 19, and his brother Zachary, 17, were put into the care of Roxanne Deschamps.

A source close to the family, who has not been named, told the New York Post Deschamps kicked Cruz out of her trailer after a fight over his gun collection. She also reportedly also took $2,900 from him before he moved out."

Deschamps filed a petition for Lynda’s estate just one day later, according to court reports obtained by the Post. In the document, Deschamps argued that she should be granted control as she is “caring for a 50 percent minor beneficiary."

The source told the Post that Deschamps had Cruz’s brother involuntarily committed on Friday. It is unclear if Zachary has since been released.

The filed petition does not reveal the total value of the estate. However, the Snead family, who cared for Cruz during the time the attack took place, said he was due to inherit at least $800,000 when he turned 22.

If a judge grants the petition, Deschamps would be responsible for allotting the children’s inheritance and paying debts owed by the estate. She could also charge a fee for administering the estate. The amount would be subject to the judge’s discretion according to Robert Wolf, a Florida lawyer who is independent of the case."

This is an older article,  but in my opinion it shows pretty much that this woman was mainly concerned about the money.  Now don't get me wrong I don't think Nikolas should get his part of it, OTHER then to give it to the families of the victims.  

BUT something is just telling me that this woman is a snake.  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

Contribution Points : 67862
Forum Reputation : 0

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 1:27 am

So what I don't get is, if Nik was so worried that Rocxanne was after his money, why did he waive his rights now? Or did he not have a choice? I don't know how it works but I imagine they would've at least let him wait for Zachary to turn 18, so he could be the only one representing the estate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 8:34 am

BlackandWhite wrote:
So what I don't get is, if Nik was so worried that Rocxanne was after his money, why did he waive his rights now? Or did he not have a choice? I don't know how it works but I imagine they would've at least let him wait for Zachary to turn 18, so he could be the only one representing the estate.

From some other articles I have read N. Cruz has waived his right to be in control of the money, but he still didn't relinquish his rights to his half of anything. Which now puts it in his brothers hands, and hers. His brother turned 18 shortly after the shooting.

Who knows what going on with this, but it just seems very fishy that this woman filed for control of the money the very next day after the shooting. Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 9:16 am

Do you think that it is possible that this woman emotionally abused him?, There was the phone call released of Cruz crying saying that he had been assaulted and kicked out of his foster house in a unknown area and said that his carers would "gut him" if he came back to the house . He seemed really distressed in the phone call.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 9:28 am

TheyAllFloatDownHere wrote:
Do you think that it is possible that this woman emotionally abused him?, There was the phone call released of Cruz crying saying that he had been assaulted and kicked out of his foster house in a unknown area and said that his carers would "gut him" if he came back to the house . He seemed really distressed in the phone call.

I have listened to that as well. It is clear he seemed very shook up during that 911 call. Although I can't say that she did or didn't emotionally abuse him as there hasn't been any evidence released in that regard.

BUT I will say that I don't think she had his best interest in mind when after the shooting she tried to get control of the inheritance money either. I don't know but her actions have set of my BS meter.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124624
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 11:14 am

So Cruz had to wait just a couple of years and he would have received $800,000.

What a waste!
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 12:25 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

What a waste!

I think his problems were far greater than anything a sudden influx of cash could fix. If anything he probably wouldn't spend his money responsibly even if he had it, so he'd still be fucked.

anna444 and heytdm like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

What a waste!

I think his problems were far greater than anything a sudden influx of cash could fix. If anything he probably wouldn't spend his money responsibly even if he had it, so he'd still be fucked.

Agreed. Money wouldn't have fixed him.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 1:01 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

What a waste!

It's the same as the theory that love would've fixed Eric and Dylan... it would have been momentary happiness then back to the same crap.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

What a waste!

It's the same as the theory that love would've fixed Eric and Dylan... it would have been momentary happiness then back to the same crap.

Very true. While love or a steady GF might have made a small difference in the short term for E&D, I just truly don't think it would have effected the outcome much. Money wouldn't have helped with Nik's obvious issues.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 1:58 pm

He said he was sorry about what he did to the people that took him in when they saw him right after he was arrested. Pfft!

I would really like to know what his "reason(s)" were for having to go through with the shooting.

The shooting would not have been "necessary" for Cruz if he could have understood that in less than 2 years he would have $800,000 and could go and do whatever he wanted in life. Hell, if he played it smart with that money he could have set himself up and been semi-retired at 21 - what an idiot!

Last edited by sororityalpha on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

heytdm likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 2:11 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
He said he was sorry about what he did to the people that took him in when they saw him right after he was arrested. Pfft!

I would really like to know what his "reason(s)" were for having to go through with the shooting.

The shooting would not have been "necessary" for Cruz if he could have understood that in a few years he would have $800,000 and could go and do whatever he wanted in life. Hell, if he played it smart with that money he could have set himself up and been semi-retired at 22 - what an idiot!

I am waiting for any type of motive to be released as well.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 2:20 pm

The motive for most shooters is INFAMY.

One of the BIG motivators is to be remembered.

For people to know who you are.

For people to remember what you have done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 2:37 pm

There is some reports that Cruz might not be at any future court proceedings. SO maybe this wasn't done for fame.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 3:01 pm

The only thing that matters to a shooter craving infamy is the deed itself.

The shooting/mass murder is what gives them the infamy they desire.

What happens after that is not as significant to them.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 3:11 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

What a waste!

He would have been an American Martin Bryant, lots of money and very angry about anything, probably ending up with a mass shooting at a later date anyway.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 4:08 pm

Yes and both have some kind of mental disability as well.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 2:19 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Well we know he had recently broken up with his girlfriend, got expelled from school, and his mother died. This in addition to what appears to him being autistic and mentally disabled. So really the motive is spelled out pretty clearly; he was frustrated at getting the shit end of the stick one too many time and went on a rampage because of it.

anna444 and heytdm like this post

Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

Contribution Points : 58842
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 8:55 am

I don't think idea of mass shooting came only this year. He was into the guns years before and some of his classmates made fun of him like he will be next school shooter.
I bet he researched about mass shooting as well.

Last edited by Jea on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 11:13 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Well we know he had recently broken up with his girlfriend, got expelled from school, and his mother died. This in addition to what appears to him being autistic and mentally disabled. So really the motive is spelled out pretty clearly; he was frustrated at getting the shit end of the stick one too many time and went on a rampage because of it.

Agreed. Any one of those things could have pushed him over the edge. The fact that ALL these things happened in a relatively small time frame was probably a major factor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 8:58 am

Highlights from article-

When Nikolas Cruz turned 18, Broward County schools had to figure out what to do with a troubled student who could legally refuse help.

Their solution was to move Cruz, who was diagnosed with an emotional and behavioral disorder, from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland to a dropout prevention program where he took classes on computer with little interaction with teachers and mental health professionals.

That decision has come under fire from some special-education experts who say the district shirked its responsibility to help a student who was still under its care.

For part of middle and high school, Cruz attended Cross Creek School in Pompano Beach, which specializes in students with emotional and behavioral disabilities. He was allowed to attend his neighborhood school, Stoneman Douglas, for two periods a day in August 2015 and then started attending Stoneman Douglas full time in January 2016. Once at Stoneman Douglas, he was disciplined for fighting, using profanity toward school staff on three occasions and an assault, according to his discipline records.

The school wanted him out. In November 2016, the school district recommended returning him to Cross Creek. Cruz didn't want to go back there and to avoid being placed there, he revoked his rights to special education services under the federal Individuals with Disabilities Act.

"You can't make someone do something when the law says they have the right to make that determination," Superintendent Robert Runcie said.

The district initially let him stay at Stoneman Douglas. It was difficult to expel him while he was receiving special education services, which include protections from the federal government. But once he's a general education student, they could treat him like any other student, but they had to wait for a new reason, experts said. That happened Jan. 19, 2017, when he was disciplined for assault. He was moved to the credit recovery program about three weeks later.

District officials said they felt this was a better option than his being expelled from the district, and they said Cruz agreed to it.

But experts say the district had a moral obligation to do more to help Cruz and protect the safety of students.

"What they did was move the problem to another setting," said Ann Siegel, a lawyer and director for special education advocacy for Disability Rights Florida. "I hear a lot, 'We offered help. He chose not take it.' You know he needs services. You have to work at motivating him. You need to do everything you can to help him. Sending him to a course recovery program is not doing everything you can."

Siegel said credit recovery programs, in which students often take online courses in a storefront building, work well for students who don't like being at a regular "brick and mortar" school. But she said Cruz wanted to stay in a regular high school.

Had Cruz not revoked his special education services, he could have challenged the recommended transfer to Cross Creek in a "due process" hearing and possibly stayed at Stoneman Douglas, Wright said. A judge or hearing officer would then have decided what school he should attend and what safeguards would be in place to protect his safety and others. But he lost that ability once he revoked the services, Wright said.

Experts say many schools are poorly trained at dealing with students with behavioral disabilities and mental illnesses, and they often focus more on disciplining students than providing them help.

"It's just sad," said Wendy Ballack, executive director of the Broward County chapter of the Family Network on Disabilities. "He fell through the cracks."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 5:33 pm

The Florida Senate rejected a proposal to ban assault weapons, and voted for a measure to arm some teachers, weeks after 17 people were killed in the deadliest high school shooting in U.S. history.

An amendment that would have banned assault weapons attached to a wider bill failed on Saturday in a largely party-line vote, in response to the Feb. 14 killing of 14 students and three faculty at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in the Fort Lauderdale suburb of Parkland.

The vote was 20-17 against the assault weapon ban, with two Republicans joining all of the senate's 15 Democrats in support of the proposal, the Miami Herald reported.

The full bill, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act, is expected to pass the state Senate on Monday, then go to the Florida House.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 7:45 pm

FL Senate passes Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act

Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 4:53 am

His younger brother, Zachary, says that he used to bully him and possibly could have prevented the shooting, according to CNN.
Zachary, who recently turned 18, told investigators from Palm Beach and Broward counties that he and his friends had bullied Nikolas. Zachary "now regrets ever doing" that. He believes that he may have been the more "favored brother" and because of that, Nikolas had harbored resentment.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 8:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just found this! Damn, the Patrick pic is dead on accurate! Haha
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 8:37 am

He had a GF )

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 9:59 am

From article-

Cruz’s defense team has said he is willing to plead guilty in exchange for life in state prison. If prosecutors reject that offer, the case would go to trial.

Prosecutors do not have to immediately announce whether they will seek the death penalty. The decision-making process would include consulting with all of the victims’ families.

A state grand jury is made up of at least 15 and at most 21 citizens from the community. They must decide whether there is sufficient evidence for a criminal prosecution to go ahead, and they can either vote to return an indictment or decline to file charges.

If an indictment is returned, as expected, Cruz could try to make a plea agreement with prosecutors or go to trial.

When a felony criminal case goes to trial, evidence is presented to 12 trial jurors, who would to hear evidence and decide whether a person is guilty or not guilty. In death penalty cases, jurors have to vote 12-0 in favor of execution or the convicted person would face life in prison.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 10:04 am

From article-

The first step in what’s likely to be a flurry of lawsuits related to the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting was made Monday.

Student survivor Anthony Borges and his parents notified Broward County Administrator Bertha Henry in a two-page letter of their intent to sue the county.

Borges, 15, was shot five times in the Valentine’s Day rampage that killed 17 and injured 16. He was struck twice in his right leg, once in his left leg and twice in his torso, Borges’ attorney, Alex Arreaza, said.

“By the grace of God he’s not No. 18,” Arreaza said. “But it’s going to be a tough recovery … it’s a miracle that we’re even talking about recovery.”

The notice claims negligence on the parts of Broward County Public Schools, Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ principal and its school resource officer.

Borges is currently unable to walk, has undergone several surgeries and remains hospitalized at Broward Health Medical Center. His medical bills are sure to top $1 million, Arreaza said.

Borges intends to seek damages in an amount to be determined at a later date, the notice said.

This will be the first of many.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 12:43 pm

Jea wrote:
He had a GF )

That dated him only out of pity and who ultimately left him. 

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

From article-

The first step in what’s likely to be a flurry of lawsuits related to the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting was made Monday.

Student survivor Anthony Borges and his parents notified Broward County Administrator Bertha Henry in a two-page letter of their intent to sue the county.

Borges, 15, was shot five times in the Valentine’s Day rampage that killed 17 and injured 16. He was struck twice in his right leg, once in his left leg and twice in his torso, Borges’ attorney, Alex Arreaza, said.

“By the grace of God he’s not No. 18,” Arreaza said. “But it’s going to be a tough recovery … it’s a miracle that we’re even talking about recovery.”

The notice claims negligence on the parts of Broward County Public Schools, Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ principal and its school resource officer.

Borges is currently unable to walk, has undergone several surgeries and remains hospitalized at Broward Health Medical Center. His medical bills are sure to top $1 million, Arreaza said.

Borges intends to seek damages in an amount to be determined at a later date, the notice said.

For once, I'd say this is a justified lawsuit after a mass shooting.

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 12:55 pm

QuestionMark wrote:

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

From article-

For once, I'd say this is a justified lawsuit after a mass shooting.

Agree. This was the kid that used his body to shield other students. That makes him very much deserving of having all his medical expenses paid for in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 5:35 pm

Highlights from article-

"Florida does have the death penalty and oftentimes when you are a prosecutor handling a case like this ... that is so emotionally charged with so many victims' families, you want to make sure that the victims' families feel that they have justice," Hostin said.

She continued, "My guess is the prosecutors will consult with the victims' families, they'll consult with other prosecutors in the office, certainly they'll consult with ... the district attorney and decide whether or not they're even willing to take the death penalty off the table. That really is the biggest piece of this."

James Jacobs, a professor of criminal law and criminal procedure at NYU Law School, told ABC News he wouldn't be surprised if a judge ordered Cruz's case be moved to a different district in Florida "because the venue where the massacre took place is just too raw at the present time and too filled with emotion."

However, "the massacre touched off emotions all over the state all over the country. So I'm not sure [the] emotions of the perspective jurors getting in the way of their doing their jobs would be that much lessened in another Florida district," he added.

"If I were the judge," Jacobs explained, "I'd be concerned about the appearance of fairness in the case, and perhaps there's something that would appear unfair and biased about holding a trial -- especially if it's soon -- in the same location where the events took place."

Defense attorney Finkelstein argued to ABC News that the benefit of the guilty plea is that it would allow the community to begin the process of healing.

But, if the case moves to trial, the criminal justice system must tackle finding a jury to make an impartial decision in this exceptionally emotionally-charged and high-profile case.
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 6:49 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Jea wrote:
He had a GF )

if my ex suddenly became a mass shooter I would also say that I never liked him and etc.

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 7:00 am

Jea wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Jea wrote:
He had a GF )

if my ex suddenly became a mass shooter I would  also say that I never liked him and etc.

Agree. Most would try to disassociate themselves from fear of backlash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 7:14 am

New documents obtained by CNN provide a glimpse into the Florida school shooter's life in the Broward County Jail.

In observation reports from February 17 to 24, deputies described Nikolas Cruz's activities, demeanor and behavior.
Throughout the week, Cruz was segregated from other inmates due to his high-profile status. He started in the infirmary and was transferred to a different cell on February 23.
On February 24, a deputy noted that Cruz had a visit with an unidentified family member. Otherwise, his defense attorneys and physicians were his only other visitors.

Deputies outlined Cruz's movements and interactions in brief notes and checked boxes throughout their shifts. His lawyer cautioned against reading too much into the notes.

"They are snippets observations from corrections officers and are not clinical impressions made by his treating psychologist or psychiatrist at the jail. They don't show a complete picture. They are generated because Mr. Cruz has a high-profile case and is on suicide watch," Chief Assistant Public Defender Gordon Weekes said in a statement."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am

Broward County Public Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie ordered a comprehensive, independent review of Nikolas Cruz’s educational record. He also wants an accounting of the academic, social and emotional services the confessed Marjory Stoneman Douglas shooter received in the years leading up to the Feb. 14 massacre at Cruz’s former school that left 17 people dead.

Runcie detailed his plans at Tuesday’s Broward County School Board meeting and expects results from the review, which began Tuesday, by June. The proposed cost: $60,000.

Runcie says the review is necessary as the Parkland community — and the nation — still reels from the most deadly high school shooting in U.S. history. In its wake, several student survivors have formed advocacy groups to focus on the nation’s gun laws and to organize nationwide marches.

“While we cannot undo this heartbreaking attack on our school community on Feb. 14, we can and must do what we can to understand the conditions that lead to such acts, in hopes of avoiding them here and elsewhere,” Runcie said in a statement.

“A quest for such understanding must be done with both transparency and a sense of urgency,” Runcie said.

The Collaborative Education Network agency will carry out the independent review on Cruz. The School Board expects that the review will include recommendations on how officials can spot and avoid future attacks on students and faculty.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 11:43 am

Jea wrote:
if my ex suddenly became a mass shooter I would  also say that I never liked him and etc.

Well if she left him I think that's a good indication that she didn't really like him.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 12:11 pm

Hence why we will never know if anything happened between Dylan and Robyn on prom night because she will never admit it publicly.

I would distance myself as well.

Jea

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 12:21 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Jea wrote:

Well if she left him I think that's a good indication that she didn't really like him.
But it's doesn't mean that she dated him only out of pity.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sane One

Contribution Points : 85398
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 5:40 pm

People have to think twice about putting others down/teasing at school, at work, anywhere.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 5:56 pm

A friend of mine posted that we shouldn't care about the "social status' of the school shooters and that we shouldn't encouraged students to reach out or be friends with others that may seem "different'

Okay, BUT you don't have to be assholes to people. Don't bully. You don't have to be best friends with everyone or date someone you may not feel comfortable around but you don't have to be mean.

Like when I had a break up and my ex was just nasty... I mean everything was "SO, she was always late, I didn't really like her much, she's such a bitch" and he broke up with ME. A friend was like 'he's just not that into you" No.. he's being a douche canoe.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 6:16 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Okay, BUT you don't have to be assholes to people. Don't bully. You don't have to be best friends with everyone or date someone you may not feel comfortable around but you don't have to be mean.  

Agreed! I mean how hard is it to just be a decent person who doesn't make people's daily life a living hell? scratch

Like my Granny always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep your trap shut." Haha  I always try to follow her words of wisdom.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 6:21 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Agreed! I mean how hard is it to just be a decent person who doesn't make people's daily life a living hell? scratch

Like my Granny always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep your trap shut." Haha  I always try to follow her words of wisdom.

Yes! Leave people better than you found them or at least don’t make them worse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 6:27 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Yes! Leave people better than you found them or at least don’t make them worse

EXACTLY!  Some of my dearest friends from back in the day are the ones that most other people would have crossed the street to avoid. But they are also the ones that have stuck by me and would give you the shirt off their backs if you needed it. I love you

People truly don't know what and who they are missing out on by being do damn judgmental! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 7:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Possibly a screen shot taken from a video of Nikolas Cruz blending in with other students leaving the school after the shooting.  He was arrested in a maroon shirt, and dark pants. This looks more red to me. The quality is horrid, but I guess it is possible. scratch

This was also found on Tumblr,  so it is questionable at best.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 8:32 am

Not him because Nikolas dropped his backpack before leaving Building 12.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 8:41 am

sororityalpha wrote:
Not him because Nikolas dropped his backpack before leaving Building 12.

The color of the shirt made me skeptical as well. Suspect But I did say it was found on Tumblr. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 8:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Have you heard anything about when or if the security cam footage will be released?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 8:45 am

Hmm no, not yet.

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 152527
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 10:56 am

School shooter Nikolas Cruz spends his days in isolation, interrupted only by occasional visits from family members, mental health experts and his lawyers.

He sleeps fitfully, eats inconsistently and spends most of his time in silence and “deep thought,” according to jail records released this week by the Broward Sheriff’s Office.

The records offer a glimpse into the daily life of Cruz, who was indicted Wednesday on 17 counts of murder and 17 counts of attempted murder.

“Inmate is on lockdown by himself … unable to interact with others,” according to one “behavior observation report” dated Feb. 18, four days after the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland. On that day, Cruz ate his dinner and appeared most alert during a meeting with defense lawyers and a doctor. The report described him as “very engaged, responsive … talkative.”

During another visit, on Feb. 23, he “was observed smiling and giggling.”

Those words rarely appear in the 36 pages of observations. More often, Cruz, 19, is described as silent or sleeping, lying awake and staring at the ceiling, cooperative with detention deputies but otherwise speaking only when spoken to.

Several sentences are blacked out of the reports released by the Sheriff’s Office. Assistant Public Defender Gordon Weekes has said Cruz is on suicide watch. The observation reports either redact that information or don’t include it, but an inmate check sheet for Feb. 15 describes Cruz being strip searched, fed and “placed in a suicide gown.”

“Inmate did not speak to me when asked the question ‘How are you?’” detention deputy Cedric Smith wrote on Feb. 19.

A day later, Deputy Matthew Johnson made another observation.

“Inmate Cruz appeared to break out in laughter both during and immediately following his professional visit,” Johnson wrote. According to other records, Cruz was meeting with an investigator for the Public Defender’s Office at the time.

The final observation report released indicated Cruz was having more trouble sleeping. “Twists and turns in bunk. Does not sleep. Stares at wall in deep thought, eyes closed, appears to be resting not asleep,” the report states. Earlier that day, Cruz asked for something to read for the first time — a Bible.

An arraignment date had not been set for Cruz as of late Wednesday. Once he is arraigned, prosecutors will have 45 days to indicate whether they plan to seek the death penalty.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Updated: 8:26 a.m. Thursday, March 08, 2018 |  Posted: 6:46 p.m. Wednesday, March 07, 2018

The lawyer for a northern Broward County family that took in Parkland mass shooter Nikolas Cruz provided The Palm Beach Post on Wednesday with chilling details about texts between Cruz and the family’s teenage son in the minutes before Cruz opened fire.
Attorney Jim Lewis’ comments came on the day a grand jury formally indicted Cruz on 34 counts, including 17 counts of premeditated first-degree murder and 17 counts of attempted first-degree murder in the injuries to 17 others.

• Cruz texted the Sneads' teenage son, who was in class at Douglas, around 2 p.m., about 20 minutes before Cruz started shooting. Cruz asked what class the son was in and who the teacher was. The son said the teacher was one of the coaches. Cruz texted the son to ask the coach if he remembered Cruz. The coach was not one of the people Cruz shot.

• Minutes later, Cruz texted to say he was going to a movie. Lewis said he then "made some kind of comment that, 'I've got something big to tell you.'" When the son pressed him, Cruz texted, "no big deal. Nothing bad."

• Lewis said the texting stopped at 2:18 p.m. The last text was a single word: "Yo." The Snead teen texted back several times without a response. Then, the shooting started.

Lewis said Cruz had no contact with the family after that last text message, "Yo," until the family saw him later that night. They'd come down to make a statement to Broward County Sheriffs' investigators and saw Cruz through a window.

"That's when Nik mouthed the words to them; 'I'm sorry.'"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.   Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next