Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008   Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 12:36 pm

I found this event a few weeks back and i thought i would share it due to it not being commonly known about aswell as having an interesting background.

It all starts with a 28 year old chinese man named Yang Jia who was Arrested in 2007 "for riding a bicycle" after being taken in by Police he was interrogated,Insulted and beaten by some of the officers, after getting released from the station he filed a Lawsuit for Maltreatment but was not successful.

After being arrested and beaten for No reason Yang became extremely distressed and held a grievance against the Shanghai police who he deemed corrupt.

THE MASSACRE

On the 1st of July 2008 Yang arrived at the Zhabei Police Headquarters in Shanghai Armed with an 8 inch kitchen knife, 8 Molotov Cocktails, A hammer and Pepper Spray. Upon Arrival Yang ignited his Molotovs and began throwing them at the main gate and at the building, A Security guard tried to stop him at the gate but was stabbed to death by yang, Yang then climbed over the gate and ran into the Building. As he entered into the lobby and Duty room he began stabbing a group of 4 officers killing 3 and injuring 1, after this Yang ran up the stairwell towards the top floor, as he ran up the stairwell he stabbed 5 more officers killing 2 and injuring 3 until he was subdued on the 21st floor of the building.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Most of the officer suffered stab wounds to their Lungs,Liver and Neck.

THE AFTERMATH

After the stabbings Yang said that he did it as an act of revenge for his mistreatment

The strange thing is that after this event thousands of chinese citizens were sympathetic and supportive of Yang and declared him a hero. On chinese blog websites and social media he was agin called a hero and was praised for standing up against "corrupt police". On the 13th Of october 2008 a protest was held outside of the Shanghai court Yangs hearing was at. the protesters deemed tshirts with yangs face and endorsed his attack calling it Justice, they were later taken away from the court building by police.

Yang was Later convicted of premeditated mass murder and was subsequently executed via Lethal Injection.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008   Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 2:32 pm

I'm surprised he wasn't shot.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85803
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008   Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 5:36 am

He was in the right. I don't usually support murderers but when they treat someone like that just for riding a bike they deserve it.

Arano likes this post

Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83257
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008   Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 5:49 am

QuestionMark wrote:
I'm surprised he wasn't shot.
It looks like the Chinese police force didn't carry guns in 2007 except in special cases, like SWAT team members.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008   Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 8:34 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
He was in the right. I don't usually support murderers but when they treat someone like that just for riding a bike they deserve it.

Rather telling that people were protesting in his support of him and his actions.

Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

Contribution Points : 58129
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008   Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 9:30 pm

beastmode activated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008   Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shanghai Police Stabbings 2008
Page 1 of 1