Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Graphic Discussion

Go down 
+13
MerkedJs
V. Pascow
Koltin
Nessaj85
Onyx
lognifiiskurk
Mr Bubbless
LPorter101
QuestionMark
Pixie13
ChaotixBoy
Adzybear
Kerea2244
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123675
Forum Reputation : 40

Graphic Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 11:17 am

Discussion over the graphics of Columbine.

Last edited by Kerea2244 on Fri May 28, 2021 2:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Adzybear

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60861
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 12:02 pm

I'm not sure why you are so obsessed with this but, people were getting shot close blank with shotguns. It's not going to be tame.

Some you wouldn't even know what you are looking at. Like a butchers shop display basically. A lot of blood.

ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 65867
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 11:54 pm

It would be horrible. Like the guy above me said, kids getting shot up close with shotguns. There bodies would be mangled and the amount of blood everywhere would be insane. It would have been very graphic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 7:35 am

Why ask again for a purely hypothetical answer?

It ain't gonna be PG13...
Back to top Go down
Pixie13

Contribution Points : 56751
Forum Reputation : 270

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 8:13 am

Nobody needs to see these pictures out of anything but a morbid curiosity. The suicide pictures are bad enough. Better to remember the victims as they were in life, not death.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 11:33 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
Nobody needs to see these pictures out of anything but a morbid curiosity. The suicide pictures are bad enough. Better to remember the victims as they were in life, not death.

Seems like weird logic to me. 

I think they should be released if for no other reason than I hate restrictions on the free flow of information.

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 9:44 pm

(Deleted)

Last edited by 9mmtomyhead on Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150666
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2021 6:40 am

There are sites that have numerous pictures of people who've died from gunshot wounds to the head, either by murder or suicide. Photos and even video footage of mass shootings are not hard to find.

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2021 7:03 am

it would be horrible.  Blood everywhere, considering some died point blank.  A horror
Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 39196
Forum Reputation : 731

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2021 10:22 am

Last edited by Mr Bubbless on Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2021 10:58 pm

I hope they do get released or leaked one day soon. I cannot imagine being denied this for any reason. I need to see them.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 39196
Forum Reputation : 731

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 7:27 am

Last edited by Mr Bubbless on Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60939
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2021 10:56 pm

I think that some of the victims would look as bad or even worse than Eric did in the suicide photo, considering they were shot point blank with a shotgun. Honestly, I think it would be interesting to see them but I doubt they will ever be released. The victims families will never allow them to be.

Koltin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49027
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 8:32 pm

Speaking of the families of the victims, do you think that maybe some of them have never even seen those pictures? For example, Cassie's family, since she received a direct shot to the face. I can’t imagine seeing my child with a blown head.

Last edited by Onyx on Tue May 04, 2021 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2021 9:28 pm

Onyx wrote:
Speaking of the families of the victims, do you think that maybe some of them have never even seen those pictures? For example, Cassie's family, since she received a direct shot to the face. I can’t imagine seeing my child with a blown head.

I remember that video where it was shown how Rachel's body was dragged behind a truck in the middle of the news channel in full view of everyone I don't know if Rachel's parents saw it.
Back to top Go down
Nessaj85

Nessaj85

Contribution Points : 42800

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 10:37 am

There's something mentally wrong with people who want to see those pics. Imagine if it were your child or loved one, would you want to see pics of their dead body that was torn apart by bullets? My uncle was a cop for over 20 years, he dealt with alot of victims he always said the worst were the gunshot victims bc some victims were unrecognizable bc of the damage a bullet did to them. Those pics were most likely destroyed jefco and the FBI didn't need them and I doubt anyone has them , crime scene photos with victims are handled differently than the actual crime scene, Vic photos are kept separate and only seen by very few people. Thank God those pics are gone forever.
Back to top Go down
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 104612
Forum Reputation : 143

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 2:30 pm

Nessaj85 wrote:
There's something mentally wrong with people who want to see those pics. Imagine if it were your child or loved one, would you want to see pics of their dead body that was torn apart by bullets? My uncle was a cop for over 20 years, he dealt with alot of victims he always said the worst were the gunshot victims bc some victims were unrecognizable bc of the damage a bullet did to them. Those pics were most likely destroyed jefco and the FBI didn't need them and I doubt anyone has them , crime scene photos with victims are handled differently than the actual crime scene, Vic photos are kept separate and only seen by very few people. Thank God those pics are gone forever.
There isn't anything wrong with morbid curiosity, I do get what you are saying.
It just depends of the person if they want look at it or not.

Jenn and bit_bit46 like this post

Back to top Go down
Nessaj85

Nessaj85

Contribution Points : 42800

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 7:02 am

It should depend on the victims family's they should decide if those photos are made public

Koltin wrote:
Nessaj85 wrote:
There isn't anything wrong with morbid curiosity, I do get what you are saying.
It just depends of the person if they want look at it or not.
Back to top Go down
V. Pascow

Contribution Points : 49810
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 8:48 pm

If you feel a need to see those pictures than you need to seek help.

That is all.

Adzybear likes this post

Back to top Go down
Adzybear

Adzybear

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 9:21 pm

I agree....Why would you want to know how bad it was? A Shotgun....point blank range to a persons head....How graphic? You must be stupid

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 5:29 am

It makes me angry that I can't view them. I want to be as close as possible to being there on the day. The angles, the flash, the eerie stillness of it all. But neurotypicals always have to spoil the fun.
Back to top Go down
Adzybear

Adzybear

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 4:58 pm

It makes you angry that you can't view the photos of the dead kids in the library? Spoil the fun? Shotgun wounds so severe that you wouldn't be able to figure out what is what. Like a butchers window/counter.

I hope someone is keeping a close eye on you! You seem very dangerous.

HanShotFirst, bit_bit46 and Ligeya like this post

Back to top Go down
MerkedJs

Contribution Points : 52615

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 5:33 pm

Apparently there was a folder dedicated to the crime scene photos created by JeffCO. It was given to some people after the massacre. This folder contained images of victims up close, far away, intimate parts of them such as their faces. The fact that it was at some point technically in public hands and has never been released says a lot. These photos would be so disturbing that they would mentally scar anyone who viewed them. Also, Randy Brown is an example of someone who had this folder at some point, he mentions it in his book.
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

Contribution Points : 105390
Forum Reputation : 102

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 3:43 am

Verse wrote:
It makes me angry that I can't view them. I want to be as close as possible to being there on the day. The angles, the flash, the eerie stillness of it all. But neurotypicals always have to spoil the fun.

I'm autistic. I'm a library survivor. Do you have any idea what you're saying here?

Adzybear, bit_bit46, Ligeya and Sufficient-weight like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 8:15 pm

This may sound insensitive, but there are lots of extremely graphic pictures of dead kids (usually from war zones or high crime rate shitholes developing countries) on the internet. What’s so different about the Columbine aftermath photos that no one should see them? I get why the victims’ family members would not want them released, what I fail to understand is why random morbidly curious people need to “seek help” for something that is not a disorder.

(Just for the record, I don’t particularly care whether the pictures will be released or not.)
Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 42449
Forum Reputation : 53

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 3:02 am

I am not a snowflake, but person who is angry that he/she is not allowed to see pictures of dead people and complains that people who are not letting him/her see it are "spoiling the fun" certainly sounds in need of serious help.

Adzybear, HanShotFirst and bit_bit46 like this post

Back to top Go down
Nuclear002

Nuclear002

Contribution Points : 43414

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 3:12 am

I mean I feel it’d be interesting to see how much damage shotguns do

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 3:45 am

Nuclear002 wrote:

Bestgore has plenty of those kinds of images if that's all you want to see

Adzybear likes this post

Back to top Go down
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 104612
Forum Reputation : 143

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 7:44 am

Yumeko-chan wrote:
Nuclear002 wrote:

They shut down in November last year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 11:30 am

Adzybear wrote:
It makes you angry that you can't view the photos of the dead kids in the library? Spoil the fun? Shotgun wounds so severe that you wouldn't be able to figure out what is what. Like a butchers window/counter.

Believe me, I'm sure I've seen worse or equivalent and generally do not seek this kind of material. These are special, and are part of an iconic event that I wish I could have witnessed myself in person.

Adzybear wrote:

Misanthropic, depressed, stuck in the past, given up? Yes. Dangerous (very)? Hardly.

Yumeko-chan wrote:
I'm autistic. I'm a library survivor. Do you have any idea what you're saying here?

I was being general. However, your status as a library survivor does not alter my position on the subject. I'm sorry if that comes across as brazen, but I prefer being honest. I am fully aware of what I'm saying, and don't see the problem.

Ligeya wrote:
I am not a snowflake, but person who is angry that he/she is not allowed to see pictures of dead people and complains that people who are not letting him/her see it are "spoiling the fun" certainly sounds in need of serious help.

These pictures are not just of any "dead people" but those whose deaths are part of an incredibly iconic and nostalgic event in modern history. Admittedly, the idea of witnessing something so exclusive excites me, so I stand unrepented of viewing it as "fun".

Nuclear002 wrote:

If you are serious and have the stomach for it, watch the Ronnie McNutt video. You've been warned.
Back to top Go down
Nuclear002

Nuclear002

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 1:02 pm

Verse wrote:
Adzybear wrote:

Believe me, I'm sure I've seen worse or equivalent and generally do not seek this kind of material. These are special, and are part of an iconic event that I wish I could have witnessed myself in person.

Adzybear wrote:

Misanthropic, depressed, stuck in the past, given up? Yes. Dangerous (very)? Hardly.

Yumeko-chan wrote:

I was being general. However, your status as a library survivor does not alter my position on the subject. I'm sorry if that comes across as brazen, but I prefer being honest. I am fully aware of what I'm saying, and don't see the problem.

Ligeya wrote:

These pictures are not just of any "dead people" but those whose deaths are part of an incredibly iconic and nostalgic event in modern history. Admittedly, the idea of witnessing something so exclusive excites me, so I stand unrepented of viewing it as "fun".

Nuclear002 wrote:

If you are serious and have the stomach for it, watch the Ronnie McNutt video. You've been warned.
I’ve seen that video a lot.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 3:18 pm

Koltin wrote:
Yumeko-chan wrote:
Nuclear002 wrote:

They shut down in November last year.

It did? Man, with it and LiveLeak gone I wonder if there's going to be anything left.

Anyways, to add my voice to the conversation, I would not be terribly interested in any crime scene photos. There are plenty of other shootings where victim photographs were published, or video of the shooting spree is available (prime example: Christchurch).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 10:50 pm

margaflor wrote:
Onyx wrote:

I remember that video where it was shown how Rachel's body was dragged behind a truck in the middle of the news channel in full view of everyone I don't know if Rachel's parents saw it.
Late to your post and you've probably already found this out by now, but yes. Rachel's mother saw the footage of her daughter's body being dragged. I have a link of her talking about viewing the footage if you're interested.

Regarding this topic, I don't think there's anything wrong with morbid curiosity, but it's odd with me with how Verse is saying that he "needs" to see these pictures. As significant as Columbine is in America's (recent-ish) history, I just don't understand why he feels the need to look at crime scene pictures of dead teenagers, especially considering the fact that victims like Cassie and Daniel Mauser were shot in the face/head at close range. Are you okay?
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60939
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 11:02 pm

I too understand morbid curiosity (I used to visit bestgore and liveleak for the exact same reason) but 'needing' to see those photos sounds a bit strange. Also getting angry over the fact that you can't see those photos and wanting to be 'as close to what happened as possible' seems quite obsessive. Not to mention that blaming it on neurotypicals is absolutely ridiculous as I think even an neurodivergent person wifh common sense would see that publicly releasing photos of dead teenagers would be a disrespectful thing to do. (I'm neurodivergent myself so am not just a neurotypical 'spoiling the fun').

Koltin, bit_bit46 and Ligeya like this post

Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 7:33 am

lognifiiskurk wrote:
I too understand morbid curiosity (I used to visit bestgore and liveleak for the exact same reason) but 'needing' to see those photos sounds a bit strange. Also getting angry over the fact that you can't see those photos and wanting to be 'as close to what happened as possible' seems quite obsessive. Not to mention that blaming it on neurotypicals is absolutely ridiculous as I think even an neurodivergent person wifh common sense would see that publicly releasing photos of dead teenagers would be a disrespectful thing to do. (I'm neurodivergent myself so am not just a neurotypical 'spoiling the fun').

Trust me, "witnessing history" is overrated

Adzybear, Ligeya, lognifiiskurk and RandoKiwi32 like this post

Back to top Go down
Nuclear002

Nuclear002

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 12:34 pm

lognifiiskurk wrote:

Could I get that link?

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 3:06 pm

Sh0wbiz wrote:
margaflor wrote:
Onyx wrote:

Late to your post and you've probably already found this out by now, but yes. Rachel's mother saw the footage of her daughter's body being dragged. I have a link of her talking about viewing the footage if you're interested.

Regarding this topic, I don't think there's anything wrong with morbid curiosity, but it's odd with me with how Verse is saying that he "needs" to see these pictures. As significant as Columbine is in America's (recent-ish) history, I just don't understand why he feels the need to look at crime scene pictures of dead teenagers, especially considering the fact that victims like Cassie and Daniel Mauser were shot in the face/head at close range. Are you okay?

Sorry to reply late too, I don't think I have seen that video so I would be interested, thanks for replying. It must be very heartbreaking to see your daughter's body being dragged like this, I can't imagine the pain her parents must have felt
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 9:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Can you delete this post please?

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 10:08 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Can you delete this post please?
To be fair, it’s an interesting discussion. You could just edit the OP and say that you don’t care about this thread anymore, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 12:59 am

Alex213 wrote:
Kerea2244 wrote:
To be fair, it’s an interesting discussion. You could just edit the OP and say that you don’t care about this thread anymore, or something like that.
I agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Also, it wouldn't really be fair to delete the entire topic because so many people have contributed to it. You can redact your posts in this thread if you'd like.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 2:57 am

Jenn wrote:
Alex213 wrote:
Kerea2244 wrote:
I agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Also, it wouldn't really be fair to delete the entire topic because so many people have contributed to it. You can redact your posts in this thread if you'd like.

You're Right. The only reason i wanted it deleted is because i thought people were gonna start attacking me over something i wrote two years ago (because i was dumb at the time). But IDC anymore. I'll change it that way people can talk about evidence from the library or outside

Jenn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Discussion    Graphic Discussion  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graphic Discussion
Page 1 of 1