Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Eh, just killing people"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69075
Forum Reputation : 255

"Eh, just killing people" Empty
PostSubject: "Eh, just killing people"   "Eh, just killing people" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 8:22 pm

The other day I thought about the encounter with Dylan and John, the part where John asks Dylan "What are you doing?" and Dylan replies in a calm/normal sounding manner "eh, just killing people".

John said he was haunted by this because of the way Dylan answered so calmly. I thought about it a little, do you think Dylan was kind of in a state of shock during the shooting? Like thinking that they really did this (the moment the first bullet was fired) and there was no turning back and that he was more focused on his suicide more than what was going on around him?

There are other moments like the Evan Todd encounter that just seems like Dylan was "off" like he was preoccupied with something that was distracting to him. Evidence shows he was sober too so drugs/alcohol couldn't be blamed.

What's everyone's thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: "Eh, just killing people"   "Eh, just killing people" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 8:36 pm

joebox97 wrote:
The other day I thought about the encounter with Dylan and John, the part where John asks Dylan "What are you doing?" and Dylan replies in a calm/normal sounding manner "eh, just killing people".

John said he was haunted by this because of the way Dylan answered so calmly. I thought about it a little, do you think Dylan was kind of in a state of shock during the shooting? Like thinking that they really did this (the moment the first bullet was fired) and there was no turning back and that he was more focused on his suicide more than what was going on around him?

There are other moments like the Evan Todd encounter that just seems like Dylan was "off" like he was preoccupied with something that was distracting to him. Evidence shows he was sober too so drugs/alcohol couldn't be blamed.

I assume Dylan either saw John after Eric or recognized his voice (did he have a stutter or something?) because John is a common name and he realized it was John Savage. He even asked him to repeat himself and didn’t yell or anything.

It had to have been chaotic, it still amazes me that they were only in the library for 7.5 minutes....

When Dylan told him to run was it frantic like in zero hour or calm I wonder?

I think he was probably detached but I imagine he was growing impatient. The plan wasn’t working as they had hoped.

PostSubject: Re: "Eh, just killing people"   "Eh, just killing people" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 8:53 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
joebox97 wrote:

I assume Dylan either saw John after Eric or recognized his voice (did he have a stutter or something?) because John is a common name and he realized it was John Savage. He even asked him to repeat himself and didn’t yell or anything.

It had to have been chaotic, it still amazes me that they were only in the library for 7.5 minutes....

When Dylan told him to run was it frantic like in zero hour or calm I wonder?

I think he was probably detached but I imagine he was growing impatient. The plan wasn’t working as they had hoped.

I'd venture to say calm because that's how John described it.

He was definitely detached from reality. The adrenaline of it all probably made him seem calm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Eh, just killing people"   "Eh, just killing people" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Eh, just killing people"
Page 1 of 1