Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fifteen years of Columbine

Go down 
+15
veroden
Juicy Jazzy
PaintItBlack
Mj2beat
sororityalpha
TheFragile
Z_Splatter
Yumeko-chan
Jenn
jobbesat
lasttrain
JayJay
Lifetime
queenfarooq
LPorter101
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 152527
Forum Reputation : 2754

Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:22 pm

It's 12:21 p.m. Mountain time right now.

At this moment 15 years ago, they all had less than 24 hours to live.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:32 pm

CORRECTION: Dave Sanders was still alive at this time on the 20th.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124624
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:47 pm

April 19 1999 Morning:

026806-026814 Harris Files School Server - Tier 1-7 8:09am-8:22am

026797-026805 & 026815 Harris Files School Server - Book 1-9 8:33am-8:45am

APRIL 19 1999 Late Afternoon/Early Evening:

008241: Thursday, before the 20th of April, Harris called Manes' house from his house and asked Manes to purchase some ammunition for his 9inm. Manes stated that be would and would call him back chat evening. Manes forgets about the ammunition purchase and Harris calls back on Monday, April 19". Manes forgets again and at approximately 8:00 p.m. he is called by Harris. Manes feel bad he has not purchased it for him and decides to go immediately to purchase the 9mm ammunition. Manes states that Harris wanted 2 boxes of 9mm ammunition. Manes goes to K-Mart near bis house and purchases 2 boxes of 9mm ammunition for Harris and 1 box of .45 caliber ammunition for himself. Manes states that he pays with his debit card and on the way home be calls Harris to meet him at Manes' house to pick up the ammunition. Manes states that he waited in the driveway of his residence until Harris shows up. Harris pays Manes $25.00 for the 2 boxes at ammunition and they talk. Harris talks about the Marines and they discuss this for awhile. Manes asks Harris if he was going shooting tonight and Harris says maybe tomorrow.

010154: [Matthew Jackson stated] Manes was upset because he had sold them the Tech 9, and had gone with Harris and Klebold the night before (April 19) to the K-Mart store located at So. Wadsworth and W. Cross Drive
in Littleton, where he had purchased two (2) boxes of 9mm rounds for them. Manes said that he did
not think that was unusual, because they had told him they were going to go shooting the next day.

015046: Suspect Manes advised on the Thursday before 04-20-99, which would be 04-15-99, Harris telephoned him and asked suspect Manes to buy 9mm ammunition for him. Specifically, he asked for two boxes of 9mm ammunition. Suspect Manes said he told Harris that he would buy the ammunition, and that he would call him back after he got it. Suspect Manes said he forgot about buying the ammunition purchase, and again received a telephone call from Harris on Monday, 04-19-99. Suspect Manes said Harris again asked him to purchase the 9mm ammunition, and he stated he would and call Harris back once that was done. Suspect Manes said he again forgot to purchase the ammunition, and ended up going home without making the purchase. Suspect Manes said at approximately 8:00 p.m., on Monday, 04-19-99, Harris called suspect Manes and asked him to purchase two boxes of 9mm ammunition. Suspect Manes said he felt bad that he had promised to purchase the ammunition for him and had not, so he told Harris that he would go immediately to K.-Mart and make the purchase. Suspect Manes then went to a K-Mart store near his home and purchased two boxes of 9mm ammunition for Harris, and one box of .45 caliber ammunition for himself. Suspect Manes said on his way home, he called Harris and told him to meet him at his house in order to pick up the ammunition. Suspect Manes said he then waited in his driveway at his residence until Harris showed up. Harris then showed up a short time later, and paid $25.00 for the two boxes of 9mm ammunition that suspect Manes had purchased. Suspect Manes said he recalls that Harris said something about going into the Marines in a few weeks, and suspect Manes remembers telling Harris that he would not
recommend going into the Marines. Suspect Manes said Harris then stated, "It's the last option I have." Suspect Manes said he asked Harris if he was going up shooting tonight, meaning the night of 04-19-99, and Harris replied, "Maybe tomorrow."

015057: Manes told your affiant that on the Thursday prior to April 20,1999, he received a phone call from Harris asking him to purchase two boxes of 9mm ammunition for him. Manes said he did in fact purchase two boxes of 9mm ammunition at K-Mart on Monday, April 19, 1999. Manes said on Monday night, April 19, 1999, after the purchase, he gave the two boxes of 9mm ammunition to Harris who gave him $25.00.

021318: Jessica Miklich [Manes' girlfriend] was present for the K-Mart purchase of the 9mm ammo for Harris on 04-19-99.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102937
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Some great information in this thread. I started making a post about April 19th then realized i had previously made this thread which some people may find interesting:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 12:57 pm

It's 10:57 a.m. Mountain time right now.

Twenty minutes from now, Eric and Dylan believed, the bombs would go off, and their rage would find expression at long last.

Contribution Points : 95629
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:02 pm

By this time the boys were recording the last tape of the Basement Tapes:

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold are once more in the family
room of the Harris home. Eric is filming. Dylan is wearing
a black baseball cap on backward, exposing a "B"
embroidered in white on the back of the hat - the
Boston Red Sox logo. He's wearing a plaid shirt, either
dark blue or black with white; the shirt's untucked. He's
wearing black BDUs (military-style pants) tucked into
military-style boots. There are several bags on the floor,
including a large maroon one.

Eric: "Say it now."
Dylan: "Hey mom. Gotta go. It's about a half an hour
before our little judgment day. I just wanted to
apologize to you guys for any crap this might instigate as
far as (inaudible) or something. Just know I'm going to
a better place. I didn't like life too much and I know
I'll be happy wherever the fuck I go. So I'm gone.
Good-bye. Reb..."

Dylan takes the camera then and begins filming Eric.
Eric's also wearing a plaid shirt that's either dark blue
or black with white, with a white t-shirt on underneath.
His lower half can't be seen.

Eric: "Yea... Everyone I love, I'm really sorry about all
this. I know my mom and dad will be just like.. just
fucking shocked beyond belief. I'm sorry, all right. I
can't help it."
Dylan: (interrupts) "We did what we had to do."
Eric: "Morris, Nate, if you guys live, I want you guys to
have whatever you want from my room and the
computer room."
Dylan adds that they can have his things as well.
Eric: "Susan, sorry. Under different circumstances it
would've been a lot different. I want you to have that fly
CD."
Eric: (eventually) "That's it. Sorry. Goodbye."
Dylan: (sticks his face in the camera) "Goodbye."
The tape ends with a brief glimpse of a sign on the wall
of Eric's bedroom, someone's arm partially blocking it
from sight. It's the letters: CHS along with a drawing
of a bomb with a lit fuse and, in bold black letters, the
word "clue".

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:05 pm

11:05.

The first shots will be fired in 14 minutes.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Here's a timeline covering the next few hours' worth of events:

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 2:08 pm

12:08. They're dead.

Contribution Points : 102937
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 2:32 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
12:08. They're dead.

It feels like it was over awfully quick, although i'm sure it didn't' feel like that for those involved.
Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 97489
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:53 am

Yes, I too timed it and it's f*****g loooong. Agonizing. But, time is relative. And...I'm never doing that again.

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:45 pm

It's 6:44 p.m. in Denver right now. The sun will set in exactly one hour.

In 1999, sunset marked the end of a long day of grief and disbelief, and the beginning of the second of many, many sleepless nights.

Supposedly there are five stages of grief:
* Denial
* Anger
* Bargaining
* Depression
* Acceptance

I once read a series of very moving articles written by one of Rachel Scott's teachers. This woman wrote that, in the days after the shooting, she was freaking out. She imagined that Rachel was trapped in the coffin, struggling for air, scratching to get out.

But then she went to Rachel's funeral and saw her body lying stone-cold in that coffin. In death, Rachel was so stiff and stern-looking that a woman who had seen her every day for the past few years barely recognized her.

Was that the end of the denial stage? I don't know.

Another thing: the woman wrote that, in the days after the shooting, numerous people all over Denver put "We are all Columbine" bumper stickers on their cars. She said that the people who really did go to the school resented it greatly.

People would tell her, "I understand what you're going through," and she would think to herself, "Don't tell me that! You don't understand what I'm going through! How can you? The only way you can understand is if you go through it yourself!"

She was probably right. No one who was not there can understand, or even begin to understand, what it was like.

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97116
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:43 pm

LPorter101 wrote:

In 1999, sunset marked the end of a long day of grief and disbelief, and the beginning of the second of many, many sleepless nights.

* Denial
* Anger
* Bargaining
* Depression
* Acceptance

I once read a series of very moving articles written by one of Rachel Scott's teachers. This woman wrote that, in the days after the shooting, she was freaking out. She imagined that Rachel was trapped in the coffin, struggling for air, scratching to get out.

But then she went to Rachel's funeral and saw her body lying stone-cold in that coffin. In death, Rachel was so stiff and stern-looking that a woman who had seen her every day for the past few years barely recognized her.

Another thing: the woman wrote that, in the days after the shooting, numerous people all over Denver put "We are all Columbine" bumper stickers on their cars. She said that the people who really did go to the school resented it greatly.

People would tell her, "I understand what you're going through," and she would think to herself, "Don't tell me that! You don't understand what I'm going through! How can you? The only way you can understand is if you go through it yourself!"

She was probably right. No one who was not there can understand, or even begin to understand, what it was like.

Can you please post the links to the articles written by Rachel's teacher in which she describes worrying about Rachel being in the coffin and then seeing her at the funeral? I have read several blog postings by Rachel's forensic's teacher speaking of her before by nothing like that was talked about in the posts I read.What you spoke about here is extremely interesting to me and I'd greatly like to read them.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:04 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

* Denial
* Anger
* Bargaining
* Depression
* Acceptance

Can you please post the links to the articles written by Rachel's teacher in which she describes worrying about Rachel being in the coffin and then seeing her at the funeral? I have read several blog postings by Rachel's forensic's teacher speaking of her before by nothing like that was talked about in the posts I read.What you spoke about here is extremely interesting to me and I'd greatly like to read them.

I can't find them. I'll keep looking, though.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 99094
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:27 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
You might not be able to find it anymore. I remember Devon Adams had a blog and she wrote a few entries about Rachel on it, and I think now she either shut it down or the website it was on doesn't exist anymore.

She wrote an entry about how she went to visit her grave couple of years after the massacre and there was a stranger there who she ended up confiding everything she knew about Rachel to him, and I liked that entry because she wrote a lot of things about Rachel that were never revealed by anyone else.

Anyways, use the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in your search. This website lets you look at sites that may have shut down already.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:26 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

* Denial
* Anger
* Bargaining
* Depression
* Acceptance

I can't find them. I'll keep looking, though.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:47 am

Friday, April 23, 1999

John Tomlin is buried in Saint Peters Cemetery in Waterford, Wisconsin.

Contribution Points : 97936

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 12:02 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Friday, April 23, 1999

This seemed like such a short turnaround for a untimely tragic death. Especially since they had to transport the body to Wisconsin. The coroner would not have released the body until at least late 4/21. I am not criticizing the family in any way, I just find this strange.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:42 am

Z_Splatter wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Friday, April 23, 1999

This seemed like such a short turnaround for a untimely tragic death. Especially since they had to transport the body to Wisconsin. The coroner would not have released the body until at least late 4/21. I am not criticizing the family in any way, I just find this strange.
His family must have decided not to embalm him, this would explain the short time between his death and burial.

In the US, if you intend on opening the casket at any time before, during or after a funeral for viewing, the body must be embalmed by law.

It's a tradition which is mostly done in the US to keep the body looking relatively human and alive for a funeral. However, the chemicals used in the process are very, very toxic.
Back to top Go down
Z_Splatter

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Z_Splatter wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Friday, April 23, 1999

His family must have decided not to embalm him, this would explain the short time between his death and burial.

In the US, if you intend on opening the casket at any time before, during or after a funeral for viewing, the body must be embalmed by law.

It's a tradition which is mostly done in the US to keep the body looking relatively human and alive for a funeral. However, the chemicals used in the process are very, very toxic.

So I guess it is safe to assume that it was a closed casket. Can anyone confirm? I am guessing based on the way he died that this would make sense.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119333
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Today, fifteen years ago, Rachel Scott and Dylan Klebold's funerals were held.

"Rachel Scott's funeral on April 24, 1999 was attended by more than 2,000 people and was televised throughout the nation. It was the most watched event on CNN up to that point, surpassing even the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales." - from Wikipedia.

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Z_Splatter wrote:
Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Z_Splatter wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Friday, April 23, 1999

So I guess it is safe to assume that it was a closed casket. Can anyone confirm? I am guessing based on the way he died that this would make sense.

He had an open casket.I know this because I read an article about his funeral in which it spoke about friends bringing notes and putting them in the casket and the coffin lining was satin and had Chevy trucks ,which he loved, printed on it.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:29 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
He had an open casket.I know this because I read an article about his funeral in which it spoke about friends bringing notes  and putting them in the casket and the coffin lining  was satin and had Chevy trucks ,which he loved, printed on it.

I didn't know that, hmm I don't understand why they buried him so quickly, though. Perhaps the family wanted it to be done quickly so they could grieve quicker?

Jenn wrote:
Today, fifteen years ago, Rachel Scott and Dylan Klebold's funerals were held.

"Rachel Scott's funeral on April 24, 1999 was attended by more than 2,000 people and was televised throughout the nation. It was the most watched event on CNN up to that point, surpassing even the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales." - from Wikipedia.

Its quite surprising that there is barely any footage of her funeral, despite it supposedly having a massive viewing audience on CNN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 12:57 am

Dylan Klebold's funeral was also today. Devon decided to go to Rachel's funeral which ended up being her biggest life regret. If you were Devon which funeral would you go to and why?
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 1:57 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
Dylan Klebold's funeral was also today. Devon decided to go to Rachel's funeral which ended up being her biggest life regret. If you were Devon which funeral would you go to and why?

She would have been in two minds that's for sure. Would have been a hard decision for her. I read in Kass' book that Dylan's parents had contacted her with the details for Dylan's funeral, but she obviously didn't end up attending.

I guess if I was Devon I'd have gone to Rachel's simply because she was the true victim out of the two, I'm not saying Dylan wasn't one but Rachel was truly innocent and Dylan was planning to kill himself. He didn't have to take innocent people with him.

I'm actually surprised Brooks Brown went to Rachel's and not Dylan's. Brooks barely knew Rachel compared to being childhood friends with Dylan. Perhaps the people who had a choice to go to either didn't want to be seen at Dylan's out of fear of any possible public retribution?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:37 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:

She would have been in two minds that's for sure. Would have been a hard decision for her. I read in Kass' book that Dylan's parents had contacted her with the details for Dylan's funeral, but she obviously didn't end up attending.

I guess if I was Devon I'd have gone to Rachel's simply because she was the true victim out of the two, I'm not saying Dylan wasn't one but Rachel was truly innocent and Dylan was planning to kill himself. He didn't have to take innocent people with him.

I'm actually surprised Brooks Brown went to Rachel's and not Dylan's. Brooks barely knew Rachel compared to being childhood friends with Dylan. Perhaps the people who had a choice to go to either didn't want to be seen at Dylan's out of fear of any possible public retribution?

I definitely would have went to Dylan's funeral if I were Brooks considering how close they were growing up and to be there for his family. Around 16 people went to his funeral. I don't believe Eric had a funeral but if he did I think his would be a much smaller amount.  Sad 
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:51 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
I definitely would have went to Dylan's funeral if I were Brooks considering how close they were growing up and to be there for his family. Around 16 people went to his funeral. I don't believe Eric had a funeral but if he did I think his would be a much smaller amount.  Sad 

I read Brooks' book and his brief description of Dylan's funeral pisses me off. It went something along the lines of: "The only people who bothered to show up at Dylan's funeral were his family."

I remember thinking, well he should have gone too if he was your so called childhood friend you mentioned about 100 times in your book.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:58 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:

I read Brooks' book and his brief description of Dylan's funeral pisses me off. It went something along the lines of: "The only people who bothered to show up at Dylan's funeral were his family."

I remember thinking, well he should have gone too if he was your so called childhood friend you mentioned about 100 times in your book.  Rolling Eyes 

I loved No Easy Answers and I think it is by far one of the best books about Columbine but I can see why you would get pissed. I would have gone to Dylan's funeral if I were in Brooks and Devon's shoes and not care what people thought.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:04 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:

I would go to Dylan's funeral if he was my friend, not matter what he did. Devon and Brooks definitely had to go if they saw Dylan such a good friend for them and a childhood friend. But they got worried for what people thought so too bad for them. I saw their absence in the funeral and their statements later, a bit hypocrite too.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
Z_Splatter

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 3:44 pm

I think we are being pretty harsh on them. This was 3 days after their entire world was changed. I'm sure they hadn't even begun to process all that happened and yet were faced with the decision of which friend's funeral to go to. Fortunately, I have never been in this type of situation so I won't judge them for the decision they made.
Back to top Go down
veroden

Contribution Points : 92292

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Z_Splatter wrote:
I think we are being pretty harsh on them. This was 3 days after their entire world was changed. I'm sure they hadn't even begun to process all that happened and yet were faced with the decision of which friend's funeral to go to. Fortunately, I have never been in this type of situation so I won't judge them for the decision they made.

I absolutely agree! It's not right to judge them if we haven't experienced a similar situation. I would think though, that if it were me, I wouldn't go to either one. I guess I'm selfish, but I wouldn't want to feel bad about going to one and not the other, so I wouldn't go to either.

Then again, I really don't know what I would do.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 9:07 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:

I would have went to Dylan's without a doubt.Rachel had thousands at her funeral and a whole world mourning her.Dylan had less than 20 people.If I had been Rachel's friend too,I would visit her grave as often as possible.Devon says that Rachel would have ended up forgiving E &D so if I had been her friend,I would feel that she would understand my decision. And I'm sure her family was so grieved that day, that besides her friends that spoke ,they probably didn't even realize who of her friends were there.
Back to top Go down
iceflames

Contribution Points : 94913

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 9:16 pm

I'm pretty sure John's memorial service in Colorado was April 23rd. He wasn't buried in Wisconsin until a couple days later.

"Another part of letting go was our decision to hold a memorial service for John that Friday at our Littleton church, and respect his wishes to be buried in Wisconsin."

"I awoke the following Wednesday in my mother's house in Wisconsin...."
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 10:27 pm

Mj2beat wrote:
I would go to Dylan's funeral if he was my friend, not matter what he did. Devon and Brooks definitely had to go if they saw Dylan such a good friend for them and a childhood friend. But they got worried for what people thought so too bad for them. I saw their absence in the funeral and their statements later, a bit hypocrite too.
To be fair to Devon though, we don't have a clear idea of how much of a friend Rachel was to her. It is possible that Rachel meant more to her than Dylan. Devon used to have a blog and from her few entries it was very clear that Rachel meant a lot to her.

Brooks on the other hand doesn't make sense, at all.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Mj2beat wrote:
To be fair to Devon though, we don't have a clear idea of how much of a friend Rachel was to her. It is possible that Rachel meant more to her than Dylan. Devon used to have a blog and from her few entries it was very clear that Rachel meant a lot to her.

Well yes you are right, I looked for Devon's stuff today and I found a few things of her where she wrote about Rachel and how she went to the cemetery so many times to visit her and even left there the graduation program. She said that she lost 3 friends that day, I wonder which of the other victims is the third one (it could be Eric but I doubt it). It would very hard to me decide to which funeral attend then. But with Brooks I dont know a good excuse yet. I know that he met Rachel once and talked with her but they weren't close friends like Dylan was for him. Maybe he was upset for Dylan's actions and he liked Rachel and how she respected his religious beliefs so he prefered to go to Rachel's funeral but I think that it was wrong.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 12:27 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:

I would have went to Dylan's without a doubt.Rachel had thousands at her funeral and a whole world mourning her.Dylan had less than 20 people.If I had been Rachel's friend too,I would visit her grave as often as possible.Devon says that Rachel would have ended up forgiving E &D so if I had been her friend,I would feel that she would understand my decision. And I'm sure her family was so grieved that day, that besides her friends that spoke ,they probably didn't even realize who of her friends were there.

Agreed! Rachel's funeral was definitely not lacking in people. And I'm sure the Klebolds would have loved seeing more of Dylan's friends attending his funeral especially Brooks. And where did you read that Devon said Rachel would end up forgiving E/D?
Back to top Go down
iceflames

Contribution Points : 94913

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 9:53 am

Mj2beat wrote:
Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Mj2beat wrote:

Well yes you are right, I looked for Devon's stuff today and I found a few things of her where she wrote about Rachel and how she went to the cemetery so many times to visit her and even left there the graduation program. She said that she lost 3 friends that day, I wonder which of the other victims is the third one (it could be Eric but I doubt it). It would very hard to me decide to which funeral attend then. But with Brooks I dont know a good excuse yet. I know that he met Rachel once and talked with her but they weren't close friends like Dylan was for him. Maybe he was upset for Dylan's actions and he liked Rachel and how she respected his religious beliefs so he prefered to go to Rachel's funeral but I think that it was wrong.

She knew Daniel Mauser.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:12 am

iceflames wrote:
Mj2beat wrote:
Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Mj2beat wrote:

She knew Daniel Mauser.

Really? I didnt have idea that is Daniel. Thanks for telling me.

Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101799
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Do you know who visited Dylans funeral?

I think Brooks parents and Zack Heckler.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 8:41 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:

Agreed! Rachel's funeral was definitely not lacking in people. And I'm sure the Klebolds would have loved seeing more of Dylan's friends attending his funeral especially Brooks. And where did you read that Devon said Rachel would end up forgiving E/D?

It's been so long now since I read that.I think it was a book called Impressions of Columbine.I can't be sure of that because I'm away from all my books and can't get them now.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 102351

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 2:59 pm

veroden wrote:
Z_Splatter wrote:

I absolutely agree! It's not right to judge them if we haven't experienced a similar situation. I would think though, that if it were me, I wouldn't go to either one. I guess I'm selfish, but I wouldn't want to feel bad about going to one and not the other, so I wouldn't go to either.

Then again, I really don't know what I would do.

I think that Brooks was too mad at Dylan to go to his funeral. Really, if you have read any of his recent comments on Columbine and Dylan, he's still mad. Mad at him for committing suicide, mad at him for the massacre, mad at him for Brooks getting harassed by police, mad at him for putting Brooks in the position of being even further outcast from the community. I wouldn't have gone to Dylan's funeral if I were Brooks, although I'm not sure I would have gone to Rachel's either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 4:06 pm

Z_Splatter wrote:
if you have read any of his recent comments on Columbine and Dylan, he's still mad

How recent are we talking here? I'm curious. Care to link ? He has no facebook/tumblr that I know of. And he doesn't talk about it on youtube/twitter (god i hate twitter) as far as I know either.

And more on topic, it's hard to think that 15 years passed already. I have to remind myself that every day to actually believe it , but it still comes through my mind frequently. Too bad I was only 9 when it happened. My earliest memories are of when I was in kindergarten (with a BIIG yard) and I keep thinking "God, they were alive back then. They were actually alive when I was alive." When I don't remind myself about the time that passed I feel like it happened only yesterday. I will admit that I constantly think if they and their victims are anywhere.. their souls or whatever and IF there's anything beyond. I don't only think about them, I will confess that I think about what will happen after I close my eyes for one last time. This may sound silly ( I hope I'm still staying on-topic ) but I somehow have this gut feeling I'll end up in space sitting on those platforms with columns from Diablo 2 ( if you ever played it you know what i'm talking about). I guess that's my paradise.

Another thing that sticks to my mind is that, even though it's just a number, I can't stop thinking that they died in 1999. Never got to live a second of 2000's. To me , all the dead are still fresh and alive as far as memories go (even though I never met them, weird huh?) but they are all behind a barrier and cataloged as "old" in my brain. To me, anything before 2000's is black and white, gray, old, wrinkly, near death. Past that is new, beautiful, fresh, living etc.

Quote :
Woohoo, I'll never have to take a final again! feels good to be free.

This line just blows my mind to be honest. How carefree he was ( or he wanted to appear that way ) about NEVER existing again. Not breathing, not eating, no more music, no more movies.... and no more pain. I do sometimes think about death and if I wrote in my journal, even if I wanted to make an audience believe i'm something else, i'd still slip many frights about ending my life. He seemed like he didn't care at all. If I had to say one huge mistake Eric did , it was to judge with a mind of a teenager. Things at that time are incredibly different. You get focused on certain things, can't let them go and your immaturity is like a self-destruct mechanism.
That's not to say that I do agree on some of the things he said (authority etc.)
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 2:07 am

Great post Magnaphoria. I also subconsciously judge everything pre-2000 as 'old'.
Back to top Go down
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Today, 15 years ago, was Steve Curnow's funeral. He was only 14, the youngest of the victims.

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:54 am

JayJay wrote:
Today, 15 years ago, was Steve Curnow's funeral. He was only 14, the youngest of the victims.

He's been dead for longer than he was alive. Sad
Back to top Go down
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:00 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
JayJay wrote:

He's been dead for longer than he was alive. Sad

Yes, he has been. It must be momentous for his family to think of this anniversary that way.

Back to top Go down
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:06 am

Today, 15 years ago, would be the last Columbine funeral: that of Isaiah Shoels.

We missed three days when there were multiple funerals held at the same time:

On April 25th, 1999 it was the joint funeral of Daniel Mauser and Kelly Fleming.

On April 26th, 1999 were buried Cassie Bernall, Dave Sanders, Lauren Townsend and Daniel Rohrbough.

On April 27th, 1999 were buried Kyle Velasquez , Matt Kechter and Corey DePooter.

And, I suppose we don't really know when Eric's wake took place, or do we?

Back to top Go down
Scypek

Contribution Points : 102029

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:42 pm

I'm ending my last high school year just now.

Z_Splatter

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:44 pm

I don't think Eric had a wake but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 102351

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Magnaphoria wrote:
Z_Splatter wrote:
if you have read any of his recent comments on Columbine and Dylan, he's still mad

How recent are we talking here? I'm curious. Care to link ? He has no facebook/tumblr that I know of. And he doesn't talk about it on youtube/twitter (god i hate twitter) as far as I know either.

Brooks had a tumblr about a year ago (somebody help me out with the exact time frame) and for a few weeks answered a lot of questions about Columbine and his personal life until there was an incident involving...well, it was messed up.

Anyway, when he was asked questions about Eric and Dylan, his answers were very angry and negative, even when talking about his friendship with them and the way they were pre-massacre. Obviously he and Eric weren't on the best terms,  but he always had good things to say about Dylan. Part of his response may be the kind of questions he was asked and the type of people who were asking them, but I don't think that's all of it considering that he purposely and publicly advertised himself on a forum full of teeny boppers that worship E&D like they are One Direction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fifteen years of Columbine   Fifteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fifteen years of Columbine
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next