Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why did eBay toss auction?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Why did eBay toss auction? Empty
PostSubject: Why did eBay toss auction?   Why did eBay toss auction? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:00 pm

How come eBay tossed off that auction for Dylan Klebold's car? I read in an article that eBay cancelled an auction that a dude had up for Dylan's car. Why did that happen and do you agree with it or do you think eBay should allow interested fans to be able to purchase Dylan's clunker?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin

Contribution Points : 100606
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why did eBay toss auction?   Why did eBay toss auction? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:28 pm

It's kind of complicated, there is a big market for belongings of Serial Killers and other criminals online. eBay however refuses to get involved. In 2001, eBay banned "items deemed offensive, including true crime memorabilia," So I suppose the car would fall into that category for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did eBay toss auction?   Why did eBay toss auction? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 5:29 pm

Anyone know how much the BMW had been bid up to before EBay pulled the plug?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Why did eBay toss auction?   Why did eBay toss auction? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:15 pm

The auction was up to $1,825 and it was pulled after 3 days.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101899
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Why did eBay toss auction?   Why did eBay toss auction? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:04 pm

I wonder what ever happened to the car...
I also wonder what happened to Erics
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did eBay toss auction?   Why did eBay toss auction? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 10:28 pm

a guy on the columbine rpg forum used to own erics car and had pictures to boot... don't know about dylans... always thought the family held on to it (that was the consensus on the RPG site at the time at least)
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101899
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Why did eBay toss auction?   Why did eBay toss auction? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:25 am

I think you are confused.... Wurmhole (I think was his name) had Dylans car, nobody knew what happened to Erics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did eBay toss auction?   Why did eBay toss auction? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 5:33 am

Recently on Tumblr someone stated that "After the police returned the cars to their parents, both were sold. Dylan’s car is in Nebraska, while Eric’s is in NY." I have no idea if that has any truth to it.  Then again *shrugs* it's Tumblr. Best to take it with a a grain of salt as to where that info came from or if there's any truth to it.  I do recall Wurmholeshadow had Dylan's car but then he literally fell off the face of the earth and no one has heard from him since 2009.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101274
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Why did eBay toss auction?   Why did eBay toss auction? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:07 am

I heard that someone had an accident with Dylans car, but I don´t know if it is true. And I know nothing about Erics car.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Why did eBay toss auction?   Why did eBay toss auction? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:08 am

Did Dylan's family not give the car to some sort of charity dealers to sell on?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did eBay toss auction?   Why did eBay toss auction? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why did eBay toss auction?
Page 1 of 1