Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...

Go down 
+4
11B-X-1371
QuestionMark
Onyx
sympathyforEandD
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71494
Forum Reputation : 486

If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Empty
PostSubject: If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...   If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 8:10 am

Let's say Eric woke up one day and had swapped bodies with a white-hat-wearing athlete. He is no longer an outcast, and is now a jock.

Judging by Eric's journal entries and how he treated people throughout his life: When in the same shoes as the jocks, does Eric become the bully? Does he abuse his newfound social status and stature and run around shoving smaller kids into lockers? Does he join Hoffschneider's band of sociopaths and get off on ruling the roost? Basically, would he have been just as bad?

Or does Eric not turn into an abuser, and treats people pretty much the same way he always did (but now enjoys less bullying and more girlfriends)?
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49302
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...   If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 12:17 pm

I think he would abuse his status, since he was a total hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120678
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...   If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 2:14 pm

I've always maintained that what Eric and Dylan were after wasn't to get back at bullies, but rather become the biggest, baddest bullies around. Everything about their behavior concerning the killing spree, like wanting to kill more people than McVeigh, firing at police officers, taunting people as they shot and killed them, points to this.

So yes, Eric would probably fit right in with Hoffschneider's crowd if he had the chance.

11B-X-1371

11B-X-1371

Contribution Points : 49630
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...   If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 2:23 pm

I think being suddenly switched into one of the jocks Eric would go on to bully and abuse his power like the rest of them. If he instead originally became one without ever being their victim himself he might not, although I do not believe one becomes a part of such group without being inheritly abusive and evil to a certain extent but say someone without such natural traits became a part of that group I do not think he would necessarily abuse his power.

Contribution Points : 76686
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...   If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 7:49 pm

"oh noooo, don't let the weird ERIC looking kid come along!"

Eric hated himself and being a jock would have absolutely turned him into a total Hoffschneider-type douche. It also would have made the massacre a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...   If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Or this:

"Then again, I have always hated how I looked, I make fun of people who look like me, sometimes without even thinking sometimes just because I want to rip on myself. That’s where a lot of my hate grows from."

But maybe he wouldn't hate himself if swapped bodies with a jock, but instead consider himself even more "godlike" Suspect
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

PostSubject: Re: If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...   If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 10:02 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
Eric hated himself and being a jock would have absolutely turned him into a total Hoffschneider-type douche. It also would have made the massacre a lot worse.

What do you think Eric would have done differently?
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 83057
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...   If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 8:26 pm

Presuming in this scenario that all of Eric's prior life experiences still held; everything he'd been through, thought of, felt, etc., I actually don't think that it would make him more of a bully (he'd done some bullying already).
I do think that if people started treating him differently/ better it would fuel his anger and his disgust for "human nature." If he were the same person inside but now people looked up to him and gave him the respect he so desperately wanted just because he'd woken up in a brawny, athletic body, I think he'd be pissed. It would affirm his belief that it doesn't matter who you are as a person, all society cares about is what you look like, how much money you have, and what your social status is.
Quote :
Whatever I do people make fun of me, and sometimes directly to my face. I’ll get revenge soon enough. Fuckers shouldn’t have ripped on me so much huh! HA! Then again, its human nature to do what you did… so I guess I am also attacking the human race. I can’t take it, Its not right…true…correct… perfect. I fucking hate the human equation.

I think it would have solidified his hatred for mankind and made him more determined to destroy it.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76686
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: dyldo    If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 5:19 pm

sympathyforEandD wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:

What do you think Eric would have done differently?

Wild guess? He'd have shot more people because he'd be trying to live up to that "kill as many people as possible" thing. He'd have shot other jocks too, because his competitiveness would have been shot through the roof. He'd be the jock version of Patrick Bateman, all territorial and sick.

Oh hell, I don't know. I bet he wouldn't have hung around with ol' Dylly-dally.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151535
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...   If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 12:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The guy on the left had a girlfriend:

Would Eric have remained faithful to her, or would he have dumped her and played the field?

Top Contributor
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...   If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 3:09 pm

Hahahah I was waiting for something like this!
Back to top Go down
Butterbean

Contribution Points : 44210
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...   If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 5:08 pm

“I've always maintained that what Eric and Dylan were after wasn't to get back at bullies, but rather become the biggest, baddest bullies around. Everything about their behavior concerning the killing spree, like wanting to kill more people than McVeigh, firing at police officers, taunting people as they shot and killed them, points to this.”

I can’t see any quote button to quote you, but I agree. What they did was pretty much the definition of bullying. They terrorized weaker people. And enjoyed it. The fear they incited filled something inside of them. Typical bully.
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

PostSubject: Re: If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...   If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 5:23 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
Wild guess? He'd have shot more people because he'd be trying to live up to that "kill as many people as possible" thing. He'd have shot other jocks too, because his competitiveness would have been shot through the roof. He'd be the jock version of Patrick Bateman, all territorial and sick.

Oh hell, I don't know. I bet he wouldn't have hung around with ol' Dylly-dally.

I think Jock Eric would have still hung out with Dylan. I can't see him being all, "I can't be seen with you anymore, Dyl. Gotta think about my street cred." He wouldn't do that to his best friend. They were a package deal. Though I can see him ditching the duster and black band tees in favor of whatever jocks wear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...   If Eric swapped bodies with a jock... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Eric swapped bodies with a jock...
Page 1 of 1